And another green energy ponzi scheme bites the dust

And, quite naturally, Silly Billy is lying concerning the percentage of power that wind produced in the US. But that is all the po' burger flipper has, is lies.

U.S. number one in the world in wind energy production

Wind energy supplied 4.7 percent of the total electricity generated in the U.S. in 2015, enough electricity to supply the equivalent of all electricity demand in Colorado, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Solar energy, including utility-scale and distributed solar, generated 0.94 percent of all U.S. electricity in 2015.

Probably was a better welder. At 73, the eyes just don't adjust quickly enough to see what the puddle is doing. I have nine blades off a cooling tower that would make very good wind mill vanes. And probably will give them away. The wife has some medical problems that would put her in danger at as rural location as I would like. Would love to build a mill. Somewhere have instructions for building the generator from scratch.

You can't get the taste from off the shelf that you get from your own garden. The tomatoes that we grew in the garden smelled and tasted far better off the vine than anything that you can get in a store.

In Oregon, you mostly see the mills along the Colombia Gorge east of The Dalles. Standing in wheat fields, and doing the wheat farmers a real boon. At present, in the US, wind power capacity exceeds hydro power capacity. Of course wind only gets about 34% of that capacity, but hydro only realizes 37% to 38%, so wind does not have far to go to exceed hydro in output also. And we have dammed just about everything that is available, but the wind potential has hardly been touched. Main problem is getting tranmission lines out to the rural areas that have the very good wind potential.

US wind capacity surpasses hydro, overall generation to follow
Nearly nine Gigawatts of new capacity in 2016 bring wind generation to new heights.

JOHN TIMMER - 3/6/2017, 10:39 AM

main.png

Hydro is producing 87% of it rated name plate... While wind is producing just 2% nationally.

If we actually posted the realized output on your silly ass graph you could clearly see how much of a waste of resources those wind turbins are..

View attachment 124400
Red line add is Hydro output of rated energy. Light green line is output of wind turbine energy..
What a lying dumb ass you are, Silly Billy.
Hydro realizes 37% to 38% of the rated power. Wind realizes about 34% of the rated output. And as the installed capacity of wind increases, it will surpass hydro output by Mw in the US long before 2020. Probably this year.
Bull shit!

DOE shows wind having just 2% of its rated output and Hydro in the 80% range..

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ 58 IJRMEE | April 2015, Available @ IJRMEE: International Journal On Recent Technologies in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering _______________________________________________________________________________________ How Profitable are Wind Turbine Projects? An Empirical Analysis of a 3.5 MW Wind Farm In Ireland

Tony Kealy (Author) Department of Electrical Services Engineering Dublin Institute of Technology Dublin, Ireland e-mail: [email protected]

Authors Dr M Barrett/Dr D Kearney Department of Electrical Services Engineering Dublin Institute of Technology Dublin, Ireland e-mail: [email protected]/[email protected]

Abstract— With many electricity markets worldwide deregulated or in the process of deregulation, the opportunity for smaller independent generators to provide power to their local power system has increased. For smaller independent wind developers assessing the feasibility of a large scale wind farm project is vitally important due to significant risk associated with the investment. This paper presents a longitudinal case study of a 3.5 MW wind farm situated in the North East of Ireland utilising multiple sources of empirical data obtained over a three year period following commissioning. The findings suggest that an average yearly capacity factor of 34% was recorded from the turbines providing for a simple payback period of 6.7 years. It would appear from this case study that site selection, electricity market conditions, the quality of the control system and the competencies of the design/installation/commissioning company all contributed to the satisfactory results.

http://arrow.dit.ie/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1101&context=engscheleart2

Well now, some businesses succeed, some fail. Looks like these Irishmen are smarter than Germans. LOL

What problem did they solve with their 3.5 MWatt windfan actually producing ON AVERAGE less than 1 MWatt when the service cycle of these things looks like THIS ------- Wind Energy in Australia | March 2017 | Aneroid

And that's being EXTREMELY generous because it's the SUM TOTAL production by day for March for ALL of Australia. What do folks do when the turbine is idle for 3 days in a row? Or spurts out 1 hour on and 2 hours off?

What problem has been solved here?

Probably was a better welder. At 73, the eyes just don't adjust quickly enough to see what the puddle is doing. I have nine blades off a cooling tower that would make very good wind mill vanes. And probably will give them away. The wife has some medical problems that would put her in danger at as rural location as I would like. Would love to build a mill. Somewhere have instructions for building the generator from scratch.

You can't get the taste from off the shelf that you get from your own garden. The tomatoes that we grew in the garden smelled and tasted far better off the vine than anything that you can get in a store.

In Oregon, you mostly see the mills along the Colombia Gorge east of The Dalles. Standing in wheat fields, and doing the wheat farmers a real boon. At present, in the US, wind power capacity exceeds hydro power capacity. Of course wind only gets about 34% of that capacity, but hydro only realizes 37% to 38%, so wind does not have far to go to exceed hydro in output also. And we have dammed just about everything that is available, but the wind potential has hardly been touched. Main problem is getting tranmission lines out to the rural areas that have the very good wind potential.

Nearly nine Gigawatts of new capacity in 2016 bring wind generation to new heights.

main.png

Yeah I had that problem too with the regular nod-welding helmets.
Solved that with the new auto-dark ones that really came down a lot in $$$ and there is enough room to wear reading glasses.
With a MIG welder it`s also easier because you don`t have a big puddle of flux hiding the bead from your eyes.
About the cooling fan blades, most of them have the same pitch over the entire blade length...which is no good..and about the generator.
I used different modified motors, some I rewound from scratch and it`s just not worth the effort any more since 3 phase PMA`s now cost as little as $ 250 to $300, high current full wave rectifier included.
After my wife passed away the rest of the family insisted I move into their neighborhood in Winnipeg (and I hate city life) but that`s just the way it goes. I accept it because I had my fun for many many years and don`t really feel like having any fun after the loss of my wife.
I`m one of those old fashioned Germans who wear black arm bands till they join the burial plot next to their wife. In the meantime I come here for just a little bit of cerebral fun with everything that Liberals are pushing. Too bad my wife could not see D.Trump being sworn in...she REALLY liked him and so did almost everybody on the First Nations Territory where we had our home. Go figure !

main.png

Yeah I had that problem too with the regular nod-welding helmets.
Solved that with the new auto-dark ones that really came down a lot in $$$ and there is enough room to wear reading glasses.
With a MIG welder it`s also easier because you don`t have a big puddle of flux hiding the bead from your eyes.
About the cooling fan blades, most of them have the same pitch over the entire blade length...which is no good..and about the generator.
I used different modified motors, some I rewound from scratch and it`s just not worth the effort any more since 3 phase PMA`s now cost as little as $ 250 to $300, high current full wave rectifier included.
After my wife passed away the rest of the family insisted I move into their neighborhood in Winnipeg (and I hate city life) but that`s just the way it goes. I accept it because I had my fun for many many years and don`t really feel like having any fun after the loss of my wife.
I`m one of those old fashioned Germans who wear black arm bands till they join the burial plot next to their wife. In the meantime I come here for just a little bit of cerebral fun with everything that Liberals are pushing. Too bad my wife could not see D.Trump being sworn in...she REALLY liked him and so did almost everybody on the First Nations Territory where we had our home. Go figure !
I have two of the auto darkening helmets, one for a hard hat, and one without the hardhat. Even though that helps, I can definately see a quality degradation compared to the welds I use to do. Only thing worse than getting old is the alternative.

Yes, like many things, the motors today are cheap enough it does not make sense to do it yourself.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife. It is hard to lose one's mate. My mom and dad were married for over 60 years, and Dad died at 89, that was 9 years ago, and at 92, Mom still misses Dad every day.

Most of the first nation people here in Portland have not much use for Trump or the GOP. That pipeline north of the Standing Rock Reservation pretty much soured them on him. Not so much the pipeline itself, as the idea that the people in Bismark could tell them it was too much of a danger to be put upstream of them, so they put it just upstream of the reservation. Kind of like the people on the Reservation just do not count.

Living in a city is difficult. After a childhood where I could just walk out the back door and go fishing, hunting, or just generally exploring the countryside, without bothering anyone, living in the city just doesn't feel right. But, other than trips out, I probably am here until I die. My wife has medical conditions that mandate she stay near medical help. The one saving grace is the availability of educational resources. The community colleges are great, and Portland State is very highly rated in the Geology department. I hope to finish my career as a millwright this year, and go there near full time.

Wind Turbine Syndrome | Wind turbine output a lie (Vermont & NY)

Kibby Wind Power I and II, a 132 MW windplant, capital cost $330 million, is owned by TransCanada and was built, after a lot of destruction, on one of the most beautiful ridgelines in the State of Maine.

TransCanada and Vestas (the Danish turbine manufacturer) claimed the capacity factor would be 0.32 or greater. According to the Natural Resources Council of Maine, “66 MW [became] operational beginning October 16, 2009 and the remaining 66 MW [became] operational beginning November 1, 2010.”

Its Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) designation is Trans Canadian Wind Development, Inc., in case you wish to look up the data, below.

In 2009 and 2010, the facility had a lot of startup problems and its energy production was negligible.

In 2011, it had a capacity factor of 22.5% for the first 9 months.

For the 3rd Quarter of 2011, it was 14.42%. Monthly capacity factors were as follows:

July 18.48%

Aug 12.31%

Sept 12.41%

Why are the CF’s (Capacity Factor) so low?

Winds on ridgelines have highly-irregular velocities and directions. This does not show up when one does wind velocity testing for feasibility, but when rotors are 373 feet in diameter, one part of a rotor will likely see a different wind velocity & direction from another part.

This results in highly inefficient energy production and CFs. Wind vendors (sellers) are very familiar with this, but neglect to mention it. However, all is explained in this article. I recommend the Vermont Dept. of Public Service and (Vermont) House Environment and Energy Committee, and all others, finally read this article, before “leading” Vermont into an expensive energy La-la-land.

The Bolton Valley Ski Resort wind turbine CF also does not live up to claims. (Click here.)

The New York State wind turbine CF’s also do not live up to claims. The Vendor promises were for capacity factors of 30% to 35%, before installation. The reality, after installation:

Installed capacity, MW: 1035.5 in 2008; 1,274 in 2009: 1,274 in 2009; 1,348 in 2010

Production, MWh: 1,282,325 in 2008; 2,108,500 in 2009, 2,532,800 in 2010

Capacity factors: 14.1% in 2008; 18.9% in 2009; 22.7% in 2010

The above data were obtained from the 2011 New York ISO (Independent System Operator) Gold Book.

Because no wind turbines were added during 2010, the 22.7% capacity factor of 2010 is the best proof of the lack of performance of the New York State wind turbine facilities.

This reality is not unique to Maine, Bolton Valley and NY State. It has replicated itself in The Netherlands, Denmark, England, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, etc. The production is invariably less than promised. Add this to the fact that the CO2 emissions reduction is much less than claimed, as shown in these articles (click here and here and here and here and here), and further investments in wind energy clearly become an extremely dubious and expensive proposition.

Kibby Wind Power I and II, a 132 MW windplant, capital cost $330 million, is owned by TransCanada and was built, after a lot of destruction, on one of the most beautiful ridgelines in the State of Maine.

TransCanada and Vestas (the Danish turbine manufacturer) claimed the capacity factor would be 0.32 or greater. According to the Natural Resources Council of Maine, “66 MW [became] operational beginning October 16, 2009 and the remaining 66 MW [became] operational beginning November 1, 2010.”

Its Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) designation is Trans Canadian Wind Development, Inc., in case you wish to look up the data, below.

In 2009 and 2010, the facility had a lot of startup problems and its energy production was negligible.

For the 3rd Quarter of 2011, it was 14.42%. Monthly capacity factors were as follows:

July 18.48%

Aug 12.31%

Sept 12.41%

Winds on ridgelines have highly-irregular velocities and directions. This does not show up when one does wind velocity testing for feasibility, but when rotors are 373 feet in diameter, one part of a rotor will likely see a different wind velocity & direction from another part.

This results in highly inefficient energy production and CFs. Wind vendors (sellers) are very familiar with this, but neglect to mention it. However, all is explained in this article. I recommend the Vermont Dept. of Public Service and (Vermont) House Environment and Energy Committee, and all others, finally read this article, before “leading” Vermont into an expensive energy La-la-land.

The Bolton Valley Ski Resort wind turbine CF also does not live up to claims. (Click here.)

The New York State wind turbine CF’s also do not live up to claims. The Vendor promises were for capacity factors of 30% to 35%, before installation. The reality, after installation:

Installed capacity, MW: 1035.5 in 2008; 1,274 in 2009: 1,274 in 2009; 1,348 in 2010

The above data were obtained from the 2011 New York ISO (Independent System Operator) Gold Book.

Because no wind turbines were added during 2010, the 22.7% capacity factor of 2010 is the best proof of the lack of performance of the New York State wind turbine facilities.

This reality is not unique to Maine, Bolton Valley and NY State. It has replicated itself in The Netherlands, Denmark, England, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, etc. The production is invariably less than promised. Add this to the fact that the CO2 emissions reduction is much less than claimed, as shown in these articles (click here and here and here and here and here), and further investments in wind energy clearly become an extremely dubious and expensive proposition.
Well now, a couple of wind farms ran into problems from failure to do proper testing. And they don't produce as much as they thought they would. Now compare that failure to Fukushima.

July 18.48%

Aug 12.31%

Sept 12.41%

Well now, a couple of wind farms ran into problems from failure to do proper testing. And they don't produce as much as they thought they would. Now compare that failure to Fukushima.
ha a couple

those numbers are the same as they are in the UK and Germany as well

Internationally, governments provide at least $775 billion to $1 trillion annually in subsidies, not including other costs of fossil fuels related to climate change, environmental impacts, military conflicts and spending, and health impacts. This figure varies each year based on oil prices, but it is consistently in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Greater transparency in reporting would allow for more precise figures.

When externalities are included, as in a 2015 study by the International Monetary Fund, the unpaid costs of fossil fuels are upward of $5.3 trillion annually – which works out to a staggering $10 million per minute.
Fossil Fuel Subsidies & Finance - Oil Change International

The right loves to cheer American failure.

Time to deport these pieces of shit to Africa!
Why don't you pay for your own insanity.. I'm tired of paying for your fantasies and failures..

I'm tired of paying for your billions in oil subsidies.

The Gov makes more money off a gallon of gas than the oil companies.
False

Dissecting a gallon of gas - who get's what - Mar. 13, 2008

Why don't you pay for your own insanity.. I'm tired of paying for your fantasies and failures..

False

I think I'll take Forbes word over the Clinton News Network .....

False

Please show how the govt. makes more money off a gallon of gas than the oil companies as you stated dogbrain.

This happened in Germany, not the US.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Lets hope the alt right neonatzis that Trump has empowered fall out of favor soon so the US doesnt end up like 1930s germany.

False

Please show how the govt. makes more money off a gallon of gas than the oil companies as you stated dogbrain.

Who Really Gets Rich Off High Gas Prices?

Government Makes More on Gas than Oil Companies – The Lonely Conservative

Prokon filed for bankrupcy protection in court in Itzehoe, Germany and 40 000 investors lost 1.4 billion Euro$. That was in 2014 and what made matters worse was when several complaints were filed again in 2016 by new investors who also lost their shirt in that scam. The German government then banned Prokon from selling more shares.
Prokon then restructured to form a "Genossenschaft" which unlike a corporation that sells shares lures in investors with a promise to get a share of the profits.
But there were no profits and Prokon blames it now on "the worst few years due to a lack of wind" while continuing to run up more debt and sucking in more investors.
In the USA that would qualify for a Ponzi scheme, but in Germany "renewable energy" is a sacred cow.
"Wir wollen in den nächsten drei bis fünf Jahren die Zahl unserer Mitglieder mehr als verdoppeln und 100.000 Genossen erreichen", sagte der Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende Udo Wittler.
Translation:
We aim to double our membership to 100 000 "Genossen", says Udo Wittler
Ex-Pleitefirma: Prokon umwirbt neue Investoren - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Wirtschaft
Ex-Pleitefirma Prokon umwirbt neue Investoren
Translation: ex bankrupt Prokon courts new investors
Windkraftbetreiber: Prokon macht riesigen Verlust - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Wirtschaft
Translation: Prokon occurs huge losses (again)
By the way "Genosse" is what communists in ex east Germany used to call each other

/---- Greenies are so gullible and easy pickings.

Forum List

Back