And another green energy ponzi scheme bites the dust

polarbear

I eat morons
Jan 1, 2011
Canada
Prokon filed for bankrupcy protection in court in Itzehoe, Germany and 40 000 investors lost 1.4 billion Euro$. That was in 2014 and what made matters worse was when several complaints were filed again in 2016 by new investors who also lost their shirt in that scam. The German government then banned Prokon from selling more shares.
Prokon then restructured to form a "Genossenschaft" which unlike a corporation that sells shares lures in investors with a promise to get a share of the profits.
But there were no profits and Prokon blames it now on "the worst few years due to a lack of wind" while continuing to run up more debt and sucking in more investors.
In the USA that would qualify for a Ponzi scheme, but in Germany "renewable energy" is a sacred cow.
"Wir wollen in den nächsten drei bis fünf Jahren die Zahl unserer Mitglieder mehr als verdoppeln und 100.000 Genossen erreichen", sagte der Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende Udo Wittler.
Translation:
We aim to double our membership to 100 000 "Genossen", says Udo Wittler
Ex-Pleitefirma: Prokon umwirbt neue Investoren - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Wirtschaft
Ex-Pleitefirma Prokon umwirbt neue Investoren
Translation: ex bankrupt Prokon courts new investors
Windkraftbetreiber: Prokon macht riesigen Verlust - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Wirtschaft
Translation: Prokon occurs huge losses (again)
By the way "Genosse" is what communists in ex east Germany used to call each other

Last edited:
Insanity: The act of doing the same behavior over and over again expecting a different result.

If the investors are stupid enough to invest again in something that has failed twice already... They need a damn psych Doc.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ 58 IJRMEE | April 2015, Available @ IJRMEE: International Journal On Recent Technologies in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering _______________________________________________________________________________________ How Profitable are Wind Turbine Projects? An Empirical Analysis of a 3.5 MW Wind Farm In Ireland

Tony Kealy (Author) Department of Electrical Services Engineering Dublin Institute of Technology Dublin, Ireland e-mail: [email protected]

Authors Dr M Barrett/Dr D Kearney Department of Electrical Services Engineering Dublin Institute of Technology Dublin, Ireland e-mail: [email protected]/[email protected]

Abstract— With many electricity markets worldwide deregulated or in the process of deregulation, the opportunity for smaller independent generators to provide power to their local power system has increased. For smaller independent wind developers assessing the feasibility of a large scale wind farm project is vitally important due to significant risk associated with the investment. This paper presents a longitudinal case study of a 3.5 MW wind farm situated in the North East of Ireland utilising multiple sources of empirical data obtained over a three year period following commissioning. The findings suggest that an average yearly capacity factor of 34% was recorded from the turbines providing for a simple payback period of 6.7 years. It would appear from this case study that site selection, electricity market conditions, the quality of the control system and the competencies of the design/installation/commissioning company all contributed to the satisfactory results.

http://arrow.dit.ie/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1101&context=engscheleart2

Well now, some businesses succeed, some fail. Looks like these Irishmen are smarter than Germans. LOL

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ 58 IJRMEE | April 2015, Available @ IJRMEE: International Journal On Recent Technologies in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering _______________________________________________________________________________________ How Profitable are Wind Turbine Projects? An Empirical Analysis of a 3.5 MW Wind Farm In Ireland

Tony Kealy (Author) Department of Electrical Services Engineering Dublin Institute of Technology Dublin, Ireland e-mail: [email protected]

Authors Dr M Barrett/Dr D Kearney Department of Electrical Services Engineering Dublin Institute of Technology Dublin, Ireland e-mail: [email protected]/[email protected]

Abstract— With many electricity markets worldwide deregulated or in the process of deregulation, the opportunity for smaller independent generators to provide power to their local power system has increased. For smaller independent wind developers assessing the feasibility of a large scale wind farm project is vitally important due to significant risk associated with the investment. This paper presents a longitudinal case study of a 3.5 MW wind farm situated in the North East of Ireland utilising multiple sources of empirical data obtained over a three year period following commissioning. The findings suggest that an average yearly capacity factor of 34% was recorded from the turbines providing for a simple payback period of 6.7 years. It would appear from this case study that site selection, electricity market conditions, the quality of the control system and the competencies of the design/installation/commissioning company all contributed to the satisfactory results.

Well now, some businesses succeed, some fail. Looks like these Irishmen are smarter than Germans. LOL
Another sham..

They don't pay for the fossil fuel plants which must run in the background.. and they get massive subsidies...

Government success on the back of what really works..

Its all lies all the time with you..

Looks like these Irishmen are smarter than Germans. LOL
The dumbest thing West Germans did was letting 19 million East German Communists into their country when the wall came down...and let them push this wacko agenda you left extremist libtards are pushing
And the dumbest thing the Irish did was to copy Germany`s "green energy subsidies":
Wind energy is not the answer to Ireland’s emission problem
Wind energy generation is heavily subsidised. The Public Service Obligation paid to the wind industry reached€240 million this year. The dispersed nature of wind farms and their intermittent output requires the electricity grid to be upgraded at an estimated cost of €3.5 billion, another unaccounted-for subsidy to the industry borne by consumers. In addition, the government forgoes revenue by allowing tax breaks to wind-farm investors.

Last edited:

" Looks like these Irishmen are smarter than Germans. LOL"
If they were smart they would have opted to go with the Brexit.
The Irish wind mill concept is based on the same swindle as most of the other industry that is in Ireland because they can stiff the Irish for the taxes they should pay them. Example Apple:
Apple 'paid no tax' in New Zealand for at least a decade - BBC News
In 2014 it was revealed that Apple shifts much of its international profits offshore to Ireland, which has a corporate tax rate of just 12.5%.
However, the European Commission found the final tax paid by Apple amounted to a rate of less than 2%, which the Commission declared illegal. Apple is engaged in a major legal battle with the European Union after it was ordered to pay a record 13bn euros in retroactive taxes to Ireland.

Watch how fast these "smarter than German jobs" in Ireland will disappear when the dust settles. That`s when the Irish will wish for a "Trump" to look out for their rights.
Windmills are a nice hobby, I had one for the fun of it.
But they will never be able to compete on a level playing field with conventional power plants.
Manitoba is a very windy Province and when the ultra left NDP was in power they built wind mill parks...and forced Manitoba Hydro to incorporate them into the power grid. Like everywhere else all that does is fuck up the grid unless you back them up with additional & conventional power plants. If Wind farms would work the way you and the rest of the enviro-wackos believe then MH would not spend Billions to build more Hydro electric power plants along the Nelson River system.
Manitoba Hydro awards $1.4 billion contract for Keeyask project
A $1.4 billion general civil contract has been awarded to a limited partnership between Bechtel Canada Co., Barnard Construction of Canada Ltd. and EllisDon Civil Ltd. for construction of the proposed 695-megawatt Keeyask generating station.
Manitoba Hydro made the announcement today on behalf of the Keeyask Hydropower Limited Partnership, a venture between Manitoba Hydro and the four Keeyask Cree Nations: Tataskweyak Cree Nation, War Lake First Nation, Fox Lake Cree Nation and York Factory First Nation.

The right loves to cheer American failure.

Time to deport these pieces of shit to Africa!
Why don't you pay for your own insanity.. I'm tired of paying for your fantasies and failures..

I'm tired of paying for your billions in oil subsidies.
so you don't like heat in the winter or use of vehicles to travel in. You don't enjoy plastics or any other product produced from oil. nice to know how much of loser you really are.

Why don't you pay for your own insanity.. I'm tired of paying for your fantasies and failures..

Depreciation is NOT A SUBSIDY.. every business gets to claim them.. The same old same old every time with you retards..

Depreciation is NOT A SUBSIDY.. every business gets to claim them.. The same old same old every time with you retards..
That`s right. Any business can write off depreciation, exploration R&D etc.
That does not just apply to the Petro-chemical industry but for every incorporated business. Then again what would liberals know about business especially business that returns dividends for their share holders and makes a product that people are not forced to buy, but want and need
Let him think he is paying "billions" for the oil industry. It bugs him as much, maybe even more than he is trying to bug us.
Their time expired, now it`s our turn ! And nothing bugs them more.

Georgetown, Texas, is a conservative town in a conservative state. So it may come as something of a surprise that it's one of the first cities in America to be entirely powered by renewable energy.

Mayor Dale Ross, a staunch Republican who attended President Trump's inauguration, says that decision came down to a love of green energy and "green rectangles" — cash.

AROUND THE NATION
Texas City Leads The Way On Renewable Energy
  • " style="display: flex; align-items: center; min-height: 35px; width: 110px; margin-top: 14px; padding: 5px 10px; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(34, 34, 34); color: rgb(153, 153, 153); font-size: 1.2rem; cursor: text; user-select: all;">

THE TWO-WAY
Wind Power Continues Steady Growth Across The U.S.

When Georgetown's old power contract was up in 2012, city managers looked at all their options. They realized wind and solar power are more predictable; the prices don't fluctuate like oil and gas. So, a municipality can sign a contract today and know what the bill is going to be for the next 25 years.
Wind Energy Takes Flight In The Heart Of Texas Oil Country

Damn those ultra-liberal Texans. LOL

Georgetown, Texas, is a conservative town in a conservative state. So it may come as something of a surprise that it's one of the first cities in America to be entirely powered by renewable energy.

Mayor Dale Ross, a staunch Republican who attended President Trump's inauguration, says that decision came down to a love of green energy and "green rectangles" — cash.

AROUND THE NATION
Texas City Leads The Way On Renewable Energy
  • " style="display: flex; align-items: center; min-height: 35px; width: 110px; margin-top: 14px; padding: 5px 10px; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(34, 34, 34); color: rgb(153, 153, 153); font-size: 1.2rem; cursor: text; user-select: all;">

THE TWO-WAY
Wind Power Continues Steady Growth Across The U.S.

When Georgetown's old power contract was up in 2012, city managers looked at all their options. They realized wind and solar power are more predictable; the prices don't fluctuate like oil and gas. So, a municipality can sign a contract today and know what the bill is going to be for the next 25 years.
Wind Energy Takes Flight In The Heart Of Texas Oil Country

Damn those ultra-liberal Texans. LOL
I actually like wind turbines but with a caveat. As long as they are in a location where prevailing winds are steady and reliably within the operating range of the turbine. Unfortunately many sites are located where local politicians want them to be to score p-correct points and not where the experts who design these turbines would locate them.
A whole farm of wind mills looks ugly, but is technically necessary to seriously affect the power on demand grid in a positive way.
A single wind turbine in my opinion looks elegant and is fascinating to watch...I had one and enjoyed sitting in the yard watching it silently crank out power while I bbqed my steaks or tended to my garden.
Having designed and built the entire system myself added to the pleasure the same way as I enjoyed eating the stuff I grew myself in my garden. It`s a feeling you can`t get from the stuff you buy off a shelf.
You told me that you are a millwright which makes you probably a better welder than I am and I promise you it will be the most rewarding and enjoyable do it yourself project you used your tools and your hands to build something. I did other things, like ripping my own lumber and make solid wood furniture, made e-bikes for my great grand children, but none of it was as rewarding as my wind turbine...:
IMG_20170429_111511.jpg

Probably was a better welder. At 73, the eyes just don't adjust quickly enough to see what the puddle is doing. I have nine blades off a cooling tower that would make very good wind mill vanes. And probably will give them away. The wife has some medical problems that would put her in danger at as rural location as I would like. Would love to build a mill. Somewhere have instructions for building the generator from scratch.

You can't get the taste from off the shelf that you get from your own garden. The tomatoes that we grew in the garden smelled and tasted far better off the vine than anything that you can get in a store.

In Oregon, you mostly see the mills along the Colombia Gorge east of The Dalles. Standing in wheat fields, and doing the wheat farmers a real boon. At present, in the US, wind power capacity exceeds hydro power capacity. Of course wind only gets about 34% of that capacity, but hydro only realizes 37% to 38%, so wind does not have far to go to exceed hydro in output also. And we have dammed just about everything that is available, but the wind potential has hardly been touched. Main problem is getting tranmission lines out to the rural areas that have the very good wind potential.

US wind capacity surpasses hydro, overall generation to follow
Nearly nine Gigawatts of new capacity in 2016 bring wind generation to new heights.

JOHN TIMMER - 3/6/2017, 10:39 AM

main.png

talking points.

Probably was a better welder. At 73, the eyes just don't adjust quickly enough to see what the puddle is doing. I have nine blades off a cooling tower that would make very good wind mill vanes. And probably will give them away. The wife has some medical problems that would put her in danger at as rural location as I would like. Would love to build a mill. Somewhere have instructions for building the generator from scratch.

You can't get the taste from off the shelf that you get from your own garden. The tomatoes that we grew in the garden smelled and tasted far better off the vine than anything that you can get in a store.

In Oregon, you mostly see the mills along the Colombia Gorge east of The Dalles. Standing in wheat fields, and doing the wheat farmers a real boon. At present, in the US, wind power capacity exceeds hydro power capacity. Of course wind only gets about 34% of that capacity, but hydro only realizes 37% to 38%, so wind does not have far to go to exceed hydro in output also. And we have dammed just about everything that is available, but the wind potential has hardly been touched. Main problem is getting tranmission lines out to the rural areas that have the very good wind potential.

Nearly nine Gigawatts of new capacity in 2016 bring wind generation to new heights.

main.png

Hydro is producing 87% of it rated name plate... While wind is producing just 2% nationally.

If we actually posted the realized output on your silly ass graph you could clearly see how much of a waste of resources those wind turbins are..

upload_2017-5-2_19-43-44.png

Red line add is Hydro output of rated energy. Light green line is output of wind turbine energy..

main.png

Hydro is producing 87% of it rated name plate... While wind is producing just 2% nationally.

If we actually posted the realized output on your silly ass graph you could clearly see how much of a waste of resources those wind turbins are..

View attachment 124400
Red line add is Hydro output of rated energy. Light green line is output of wind turbine energy..
What a lying dumb ass you are, Silly Billy.
Hydro realizes 37% to 38% of the rated power. Wind realizes about 34% of the rated output. And as the installed capacity of wind increases, it will surpass hydro output by Mw in the US long before 2020. Probably this year.

Forum List

Back