Anchor-Babies v. 14th Amendment

Would you support a new Law stopping "anchor-babies"?

• YES. Two illegals cannot make a legal US citizen.

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • NO. Let the 14th Amendment stand as currently interpreted.

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Someone who compares requiring immigrants to obey the law to the holocaust has no credibility

that isn't what i said. read with comprehension.

what i said was jus sanguine has been used to ill effect.

and you're just ticked off because some of us are conscious that history repeats itself.

bummer we don't want that to happen, eh, babe?

you know, because we should all disappear, right? isn't that what you said in the midst of your jew bashing meltdown?

I have found over on "A QUESTION FOR CONSERVATIVES", the ignorant reactionaries don't read, they don't know definitions in historical context, they nothing about basic American history. I just pointed out something about unregulated capitalism from the 1870s and the violence and rioting and killing during in the industrialization of America, and the bozo radical reactionaries had no idea about what I was talking? They don't read and are proud about it.

We're talking about not rewarding illegals and you jump at every chance to compare it to the holocaust and call everyone a nazi

out of nowhere, you decided not rewarding illegals had something to do with killing jews

get a new shtick already

This has ZERO to do with Nazi Germany so stop with the bullshit straw man. If you want to defend the idea that people should be able to jump the border and attain citizenship then defend it.

Personally, I see no reason that someone should be given a free pass after committing an illegal act and then receive citizenship as a reward. And do not underplay it, citizenship IS a reward. If you are here illegally then you should not become a citizen nor should your child. There is a process that needs to be gone through and you need to complete it if you want that honor. You would be AMAZED at what it takes to become a citizen even if you marry an American, why are you given a free pass with illegal actions. The fact is that this hole needs to be closed and the immigration problem dealt with so that the stupid waiting line to get a legal and proper citizenship can be mitigated along with relaxing the requirements to get in this country. We need to be encouraging the BEST of the world to come here not helping the worst to do so.

Mexicans cannot be Americans as long as they have loyalties outside of the US. They could only be second rate citizens at best. That answers the question.

Even MEXICO considers Mexican children born in the USA to be MEXICAN CITIZENS. I'll take them at their word.

Since Mexico has NEVER been an active ally to the US in any of the wars the United States had to fight, you can see what type of friend they would be.

Last edited:
Mexicans cannot be Americans as long as they have loyalties outside of the US. They could only be second rate citizens at best. That answers the question.

Even MEXICO considers Mexican children born in the USA to be MEXICAN CITIZENS. I'll take them at their word.

Since Mexico has NEVER been an active ally to the US in any of the wars the United States had to fight, you can see what type of friend they would be.

and the baring that this racism has to do with this thread would be.....

What do you mean the alternative is bleak? Please explain before I respond incorrectly ;).

i wouldn't worry about responding incorrectly. i'm sure i've done my share of that. but since you asked, the way i see it, there are three ways to become a citizen, by birth, by naturalization or by blood (e.g., one's ancestry). in this country, citizenship is by birth or naturalization. if birth is no longer a basis for citizenship, then what replaces it? the answer, to my mind is that blood will then determine who becomes a citizen. in country after country, jus sanguine (law of the blood) has been used to divest jews of citizenship. that is what they did in germany and you can understand why it makes me uncomfortable.

this country was supposed to be different from every other. it was supposed to welcome everyone with open arms. that is why my grandparents came here. i'd hate to see that ruined because of hysteria.

do you know what percentage of our population is illegal immigrants? approximately 1.5% according to the sources i looked at today (though that number may have changed slightly). that number is about the same as the percentage of the population that is jewish, just to put it in perspective for you. do you think we should allow hysteria to govern what we do for 1.5%? or should we find ways to close our borders and then give people already here who have committed no crimes and who finish two years of college or serve in our military a path to citizenship?

Jillian if we completely eliminated the 14th ammendment as if it never existed you would still be a citizen by birth (AKA blood) as long as your parents are american citizens. You would still be able to immigrate and be naturalized too. I feel you are arguing something that is not related ot the issue in an effort to make the point that we need the 14th ammendment and its current interpretation which creates/allows for anchor baby situation.

In light of this I dont think your final 2 paragraphs relate to the conversation at all. I am not trying to be a jerk but trying to get you thinking here. People would still be welcome to legally immigrate with open arms and the children of these legal immigrant citizens, since the parents are legal immigrants who became citizens, would also be citizens.

By doing away with the 14th ammendment the concerns you raised would not be issues at all. I really dont see it at all.

I think many just don't understand and are being confused as to what getting rid of or ammending the 14th ammedment would do so i'll clarify.

Getting rid of or ammending the 14th ammendment would ONLY ensure that the children of foreign nationals, who give birth while on united states soil, do not become american citizens by default. For example, If 2 germans were visiting america on vacation and the german wife had a baby that baby would NOT become an american citizen.

If you want I can go into the difference between the slaves that were forced to come here to work from africa and the illegal immigrants who chose to come here and work illegally from around the world.

Jillian do you have any questions, challenges, or comments for me?

He's a one trick pony. :eusa_whistle:

Considering that Mexican armed force units fought against both Germany and Japan, and considering that you have already admitted that in other threads, you are a confirmed liar.

Considering that Mexican armed force units fought against both Germany and Japan, and considering that you have already admitted that in other threads, you are a confirmed liar.

Show me where I ever confirmed that LA RAZA propaganda?

Where did any MEXICAN soldiers fight any Nazis?

The so-called MEXICAN ARMY was sent to the Pacific theatre after Germany surrendered and just in time to be sent back to Mexico after the US wasted millions training and supplying them with weapons that they probably used against Americans later on in their "YANKEE GO HOME" campaigns.

He's a one trick pony. :eusa_whistle:

Nah, ponies are good for something. He's just a racist scumbag.

Show me where I ever confirmed that LA RAZA propaganda?

Where did any MEXICAN soldiers fight any Nazis?

The so-called MEXICAN ARMY was sent to the Pacific theatre after Germany surrendered and just in time to be sent back to Mexico after the US wasted millions training and supplying them with weapons that they probably used against Americans later on in their "YANKEE GO HOME" campaigns.

Your back pedaling will not save you in the slightest, and you know it.

I think it would be best that when the illegals are naturalized that you be deported in handcuffs to Juarez. You can tell the authorities there about your lies.

[

I think it would be best that when the illegals are naturalized that you be deported in handcuffs to Juarez. You can tell the authorities there about your lies.

Show me the OFFICIAL RECORDS about Mexico and WW2. Congress was getting pissed that so much equipment was being sent to a bunch of beaners that will never fire a shot at the enemy. It was all Mexico's blackmail attempt to modernize their army to be used against bandit and revolts. 65 years later.............nothing has changed.

[

Show me the OFFICIAL RECORDS about Mexico and WW2. Congress was getting pissed that so much equipment was being sent to a bunch of beaners that will never fire a shot at the enemy. It was all Mexico's blackmail attempt to modernize their army to be used against bandit and revolts. 65 years later.............nothing has changed.

You continue to lie and nothing has changed. Mexico was allied by treaty to the good guys and contributed war material, troops, ships, and planes.

Nothing you say changes any of that.

I have no problem with how it is interpreted. It can only be amended, not legislated, for change. However, if the uber-majority is there to amend it, I will follow the law.

Forum List

Back