Anathema

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
Anathema: a person or thing detested or loathed. (dictionary.com)

Trust me, soon enough you will understand why I have chosen this name.

I am a 19th Century man living in a 21st Century world that has no place for me. I am that unpleasant shadow in the corner of your mind that you don't like to admit exists. I am your "odd" uncle that nobody wants to talk to at Thanksgiving dinner. I am the cranky old man you don't let your kids look at when you walk down the street.

I am NOT Politically Correct, Socially Conscious, Environmentally Friendly, or Gender-Neutral. I am Spiritual, not Religous.

I believe in Right and Wrong as the only two ABSOLUTES in the world. I believe these concepts were created at the time our forefathers started to band together into the first social groups thousands of years ago and still remain the same today.

I am an Anachronism, a Traditionalist, and the most unpleasantly Closed-Minded person you have ever met.

..... You have been properly warned.

So your a troll? You'll be a hit in the flame zone.

No, not a Troll. Just someone who doesn't pull punches or engage in social niceties simply to keep from offending other people. You kow that little part of your brain that keeps you from saying or typing the things you REALLY think..... I don't have that anymore. I am openly and honestly the most closed-minded individual you've ever met. You will not change my mind on anything; nor am I here to change yours. Understand that and we'll get along just fine.

Most likely a Democrat too.

LOL. Not in the least. I'm about as Conservative as you get. If anything I'm an Authoritarian/Fascist so I'm about as far from a Liberal/Democrat as you could ever imagine.

yep.png

Oh, imho, you'll do fine.

I am a 19th Century man living in a 21st Century world that has no place for me. I am that unpleasant shadow in the corner of your mind that you don't like to admit exists. I am your "odd" uncle that nobody wants to talk to at Thanksgiving dinner. I am the cranky old man you don't let your kids look at when you walk down the street.

I am NOT Politically Correct, Socially Conscious, Environmentally Friendly, or Gender-Neutral. I am Spiritual, not Religous.

I believe in Right and Wrong as the only two ABSOLUTES in the world. I believe these concepts were created at the time our forefathers started to band together into the first social groups thousands of years ago and still remain the same today.

I am an Anachronism, a Traditionalist, and the most unpleasantly Closed-Minded person you have ever met.

Welcome to USMB, Anathema. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

So your a troll? You'll be a hit in the flame zone.

No, not a Troll. Just someone who doesn't pull punches or engage in social niceties simply to keep from offending other people. You kow that little part of your brain that keeps you from saying or typing the things you REALLY think..... I don't have that anymore. I am openly and honestly the most closed-minded individual you've ever met. You will not change my mind on anything; nor am I here to change yours. Understand that and we'll get along just fine.

Welcome Anathema :D

I like the sentence I bolded above. I feel the same way, most of the time. :thup:

Well, we're supposed to be nice to noobs, although you don't sound very nice yourself, so Welcome anyway, and I'm sure you'll find that there are others here that think they are just as tough as you think you are.....hope you all meet....:lol:

Well, we're supposed to be nice to noobs, although you don't sound very nice yourself, so Welcome anyway, and I'm sure you'll find that there are others here that think they are just as tough as you think you are.....hope you all meet....:lol:

I'm not nice or tough. I'm stubborn, arrogant, close-minded, and generally unpleasant. Other than that I'm a swell guy.

I have a question. In your avatar, you use the word "old". But below your username, it's spelled "olde".

Are you also senile? :dunno:

The avatar is a piece of clip art. Olde is the proper middle English spelling of the word, going back to the day and age I tend to prefer.

Welcome to USMB, Anathema. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

He's been here before...

A. They didn’t have the internet in the 19th century. You should go live with the Amish who are environmentally conscious.

B. Why what will you do to our kids? What about your look creeps people out?

C. Right and wrong differ from country to country. Hell even north and south. For example southerners marry minors, relatives and owned slaves at one time. Right and wrong has evolved bro. Today we know it’s ok for a black to marry a white or for two men to butt fuck. Right and wrong has changed a lot just in my lifetime and I was born 1970

Forum List

Back