An Observation

I think that's true in some cases. When someone starts a fight and they get their butt kicked, they know that if they play the victim they'll get sympathy from somebody. Then, of course, there are those who truly want peace. That reminds me of an X-File episode where Fox Moulder wished for world peace and everyone on the planet disappeared.

Isn't Annie asking who is the real victim? Who is in the right?

Again, for both of you, which side is 'more wrong' or is at war for the wrong reasons?

The question simply does not apply. The closest question that would apply is which act is more wrong, of all the acts.

To my way of thinking that is like asking which type of sin, among all sins, is worst. I think you are catholic, if I recall, and this particular question doesn't make sense, right? Besides dividing into venial and mortal sins, in general sins are to be avoided as best as one can.

The question simply does not apply. The closest question that would apply is which act is more wrong, of all the acts.

To my way of thinking that is like asking which type of sin, among all sins, is worst. I think you are catholic, if I recall, and this particular question doesn't make sense, right? Besides dividing into venial and mortal sins, in general sins are to be avoided as best as one can.

OMG. Annie is a Catholic? No wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG. Annie is a Catholic? No wonder.

She's very nice. And she is a teacher.

Annie, I only recall it vaguely from one thread, and I have senior moments. I am sorry if I blew any sort of cover that you had. :)

I haven't noticed how 'nice' she is. I'll have to take your word for it. She hasn't taken my olive branch.

Yes but if pagans are superior surely you can demonstrate it? <wicked>

There's the flaw that many have ... most pagans know that no one life form is superior ... better at some things but worse at others. Any pagan who thinks they are superior in all things is just like a ... well ... christian and therefore not pagan but agnostic who claims to be pagan.

I'm rooting for peace. Israel has a right to exist. Palestine has a right to exist. The Palestinians need to replace Hamas before there can be any significant peace making in the region. JMO.

I ask this as non-confrontational as I can.

Why do you feel Palestine has the right to exist? Palestine, literally means Land of Phillistines. Phillistines were Mediterianin -- not Arab.

This is not an opinion. This is a fact.

Why do the Arabs need yet another country? What's wrong with the ones they have?

The Arab world (Arabic: &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1575;&#1604;&#1605; &#1575;&#1604;&#1593;&#1585;&#1576;&#1610;; Transliteration: al-`alam al-`arabi) is a term to define all of the Arabic-speaking countries stretching from the Atlantic Ocean in the west to the Arabian Sea in the east, and from the Mediterranean Sea in the north to the Horn of Africa and the Indian Ocean in the southeast. It consists of about 20 countries and territories with a combined population of some 325 million people spanning two continents.

1: Kuwait (Kuwait)
2: Iraq (Bagdad)
3: Kingdom of Sudia Arabia (Riyadh)
4: Bahrain (Manama)
5: Qatar (Doha)
6: United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi)
7: Oman (Mascut)
8: Yemen (Sana'a)
9: Jordan (Amman)
10: Lebanon (Beirut)
11: Syria (Damascus)
12: Egypt (Cairo)
13: Sudan (Khartum)
14: Djuboti (Djuboti)
15: Libya (Tripoli)
16: Tunisia (Tunis)
17: Algeria (Alger)
18: Morocco (Rabat)
19: Muritaniya (Nowakshot) 20: Comoros (Moroni)

What makes you think it has to be one side is wrong and the other is right? They've both made mistakes. No sides have legitimate claim to a large plot of sand.

The land is sacred to Muslims, Jews and Christians.

I fixed it for you, you can see that in the bolded parts.

Nobody has a right to any land. AND if anyone even did then it would be the Native Americans when it comes to America.

Anyone willing to give up their home right now?

Last edited:
Fine, which side has the 'most' mistakes?

I don't like how you're trying to find a "right" and a "wrong" side here Annie.

If Israel truly wanted to get rid of Hamas and his missile attacks, they would of gone to the UN and told them they are going to invade the land Hamas controls and get rid of them.

Both sides are wrong, both sides have killed innocent civilians. Neither side is fighting for freedom because either side could of left the land long ago. It's simply due to religion that many of the people even want to claim a piece of sand land in the desert.

Both sides have their screwballs (Sunni Man and David come to mind here) and both sides are out to get the best result for their own side.

We both know these attacks will not cease until one side is dead. This is war, however it is not a black and white picture. It is a picture full of grey.

FYI everybody: America only supports Israel because they are our foothold in the Middle East.

Which is why Israel despite being one of the more smaller nations has some of the best weapons in the world.

Nobody on either side could deny the fact that if not for America then Israel would be nowhere near where it is today.

Sure, some countries have the weapons amount to give to Israel but not the quality of weapons or the diplomatic support the U.S holds.

(I'm not saying this means Israel should/should not exist, I'm simply stating facts).

And if not the reason I listed above then why?

Because we feel they are being unjustly attacked? If that were the case then how come we're not in Darfur stopping the genocides going on there? Or the other genocides of years past? In fact, America and the rest of the world only stepped in to stop Hitler's Genocide of the Jews, Atheists, and anyone who disagreed with him in Germany because Germany and Japan invaded their countries.

The rest of the world sat idle by while Hitler committed Genocide.

So lets see, why else could it be?

Because we like their flag? Their national anthem? Because we liked their windsurfing team that won a gold medal in the 2004 olympics?

Gee, I do believe I'm right.

But you are rooting for?

omg this is hardly the op i wanted to see on new year's day...when did peace become a bad and evil thing?

wanting peace does not mean you are "rooting for the other side" again when did americans...become so selective in their horrors?

i would hope for peace for the world...so who am i rooting for...the parents...the kids....the littlest of creatures...to have what we all want for ourselves and our loved ones....a safe secure home, a place to work and a place for your family to grow and prosper...if that wrong?

peace is not rooting for one side over another...it is hoping for both sides..or has that been lost too?

omg this is hardly the op i wanted to see on new year's day...when did peace become a bad and evil thing?

wanting peace does not mean you are "rooting for the other side" again when did americans...become so selective in their horrors?

i would hope for peace for the world...so who am i rooting for...the parents...the kids....the littlest of creatures...to have what we all want for ourselves and our loved ones....a safe secure home, a place to work and a place for your family to grow and prosper...if that wrong?

peace is not rooting for one side over another...it is hoping for both sides..or has that been lost too?

That's why I keep bringing up strengthening the United Nations, and eliminating warring implements held by nations. Anyone who has any sense can see that warring is no longer a viable option to settling differences.

Forum List

Back