An Ex Morman speaks about Robmoney

It's secret from 'us.'

You are aware that the Vatican meets in secret and does not tell any of what they don't want anyone to know about? That a Butler of the Pope has been charged with leaking some of those secrets?

Most religions have things they do not openly tell non members. And there is nothing wrong with that.

All I will repeat is this...

In order for this Country to become a theocracy would require that 218 Congressman and 51 Senators all agreed to create and vote for an amendment to the Constitution, which would then require majorities in 37 States to approve.

The President has no power or control over such an attempt or anything to do with Constitutional Amendments or calling for a Constitutional Congress.

Further I will remind all you Obama lovers that YOU insisted that what Obama believed in regards religion was UNIMPORTANT and off limits. Now suddenly what Romney believes is supposed to be all important.

It's secret from 'us.'

Not much more than what happens in Judaism being a secret from me.

I haven't studied it. I have little grasp of the layers and layers I would find in Judaism if I made it my life's study.

A little Chaim Potok here, a few Hebrew lessons there, has not made me part of that world.

That doesn't make it "secret".

Most of the stuff which is being called "secret" is stuff I knew before I was 20.

This has been "out" a looooong time.

Just because the secrets are being let out doesn't mean the church is happy about it.

I REPEAT, you told us Obama's religion was unimportant, now suddenly Romney's is?

I did? I'll need a link.

NO, just state for the record that Obama's religion is just as important as Romney's and that IF there is a real problem with Romney's religion then the fact Obama spent 20 years under Wright that is cause for concern.

I REPEAT, you told us Obama's religion was unimportant, now suddenly Romney's is?

I did? I'll need a link.

NO, just state for the record that Obama's religion is just as important as Romney's and that IF there is a real problem with Romney's religion then the fact Obama spent 20 years under Wright that is cause for concern.

No, really; I never said that, THEREFORE: I will need a link.

Scoot.

I did? I'll need a link.

Scoot.

So Unlike the vast majority of Liberals on this board I can quote you as not caring if Obama's religion is a factor and the fact he spent 20 years under Wright?

Scoot.

So Unlike the vast majority of Liberals on this board I can quote you as not caring if Obama's religion is a factor and the fact he spent 20 years under Wright?

Hey, you forgot to swear me in. Therefore, I'm gonna go have a sammich.

RGS is yer typical brainwashed soldier (yeah, I know, you're a Jarhead). Anytime the Command says "That's Classified!" or "You have no need to know that!", RGS will click his heals, salute, say "Yes Sir/Ma'am!" and walk away.

RGS, I'm telling you what I've already told Ollie: "It's OK to think for yourself now. In fact, unlike the Military, WE ENCOURAGE IT HERE!"

It's secret from 'us.'

You are aware that the Vatican meets in secret and does not tell any of what they don't want anyone to know about? That a Butler of the Pope has been charged with leaking some of those secrets?

Most religions have things they do not openly tell non members. And there is nothing wrong with that.

All I will repeat is this...

In order for this Country to become a theocracy would require that 218 Congressman and 51 Senators all agreed to create and vote for an amendment to the Constitution, which would then require majorities in 37 States to approve.

The President has no power or control over such an attempt or anything to do with Constitutional Amendments or calling for a Constitutional Congress.

Further I will remind all you Obama lovers that YOU insisted that what Obama believed in regards religion was UNIMPORTANT and off limits. Now suddenly what Romney believes is supposed to be all important.

I thought valid and legitimate questions were asked of Obama's religion in 2008, and he answered them adequately. (Still didn't vote for him, but his answers were good enough.)

Now it's Romney turn.

The first thing you need to know about Mitt Romney is that he is a Mormon, aka a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They call themselves Christians, but they have so thoroughly brainwashed their members that anything the church says…goes. No matter how much Mitt Romney says he would keep his church separate from Government, and how he would never let the church come in and run Government, commands of the church come first and foremost in Mormon minds.

So what did Romney do that fused government with state as governor of Massachusetts?

Okay, until a Mormon weighs in and explains why the article is erroneous, it stands.

Romney avoids mentioning it, but Joseph Smith ran for president in 1844 as an independent Commander in Chief of an “army of God” advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government in favor of a Mormon-ruled theocracy. Challenging Democrat, James Polk and Whig, Henry Clay – Smith prophesied that if the U.S. Congress did not accede to his demands that “they shall be broken up as a government and God shall damn them.” Smith viewed capturing the presidency as part of the mission of the church. Smith’s insertion of religion into politics and his call for a “theodemocracy where God and people hold the power to conduct the affairs of men in righteous matters” created a sensation and drew hostility from the outside world. But his candidacy was cut short when he was shot to death by an anti-Mormon vigilante mob. Out of Smith’s national political ambitions grew what would become known in Mormon circles as the “White Horse Prophecy” — a belief ingrained in Mormon culture and passed down through generations by church leaders that the day would come when the U.S. Constitution would “hang like a thread as fine as a silk fiber” and the Mormon priesthood would save it. Mitt Romney views the American presidency as a theological office.

168 years ago.

:thup:

The first thing you need to know about Mitt Romney is that he is a Mormon, aka a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They call themselves Christians, but they have so thoroughly brainwashed their members that anything the church says…goes. No matter how much Mitt Romney says he would keep his church separate from Government, and how he would never let the church come in and run Government, commands of the church come first and foremost in Mormon minds.

So what did Romney do that fused government with state as governor of Massachusetts?

Was Romney governor of Massachusetts? Because he never seems to talk about that.

His Record has been put in the Mittness Protection Program.

Again, I go back to my example of my brother's pit-bull. Unlike other pit-bulls, it was the nicest dog in the world.

Until the day it ripped off his mother-in-law's face and she needed 120 stitches to put it back together.

Okay, until a Mormon weighs in and explains why the article is erroneous, it stands.

Romney avoids mentioning it, but Joseph Smith ran for president in 1844 as an independent Commander in Chief of an “army of God” advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government in favor of a Mormon-ruled theocracy. Challenging Democrat, James Polk and Whig, Henry Clay – Smith prophesied that if the U.S. Congress did not accede to his demands that “they shall be broken up as a government and God shall damn them.” Smith viewed capturing the presidency as part of the mission of the church. Smith’s insertion of religion into politics and his call for a “theodemocracy where God and people hold the power to conduct the affairs of men in righteous matters” created a sensation and drew hostility from the outside world. But his candidacy was cut short when he was shot to death by an anti-Mormon vigilante mob. Out of Smith’s national political ambitions grew what would become known in Mormon circles as the “White Horse Prophecy” — a belief ingrained in Mormon culture and passed down through generations by church leaders that the day would come when the U.S. Constitution would “hang like a thread as fine as a silk fiber” and the Mormon priesthood would save it. Mitt Romney views the American presidency as a theological office.

168 years ago.

:thup:

Have they renounced that prophecy? Have they renounced anything that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young have done?

Was Romney governor of Massachusetts? Because he never seems to talk about that.

His Record has been put in the Mittness Protection Program.

Again, I go back to my example of my brother's pit-bull. Unlike other pit-bulls, it was the nicest dog in the world.

Until the day it ripped off his mother-in-law's face and she needed 120 stitches to put it back together.

If you have something tangible that Mitt Romney would impose his Mormonism on the country, please share it, because thus far, I haven't seen it.

Judge people by what they do, not what they say, and especially not what their scare-mongering, doomsaying political opponents say. I look at Romney's tenure as governor and don't see it.

The analogy to Obama and his "Muslim faith" in 2008 - which was idiotic - is a good one. Liberals who defended Obama in 08 and are making this an issue should be ashamed.

If you have something tangible that Mitt Romney would impose his Mormonism on the country, please share it, because thus far, I haven't seen it.

Judge people by what they do, not what they say, and especially not what their scare-mongering, doomsaying political opponents say. I look at Romney's tenure as governor and don't see it.

The analogy to Obama and his "Muslim faith" in 2008 - which was idiotic - is a good one. Liberals who defended Obama in 08 and are making this an issue should be ashamed.

Except that Obama wasn't a Muslim. If he was, he'd have never been elected, and I'd have been completely fine with that.

Romney is a Mormon. And frankly, I don't wait for the Mormon to do something nasty, I prevent him from ever getting a chance to do something nasty.

Forum List

Back