An Education On Government Salaries: Massachusett's State Payroll Descending

Titanic Sailor

Aug 31, 2009
Just to show you some of the damage that is being done by government, I am enclosing the link for the Massachusetts state payroll descending. Massachusetts is one of the states where the public workers do NOT pay into Social Security.

Look at the salaries. You will need to go to page 30 before you get to the folks making less than 150K a year. They also have a pension system that has been under attack for years. They get paid for the highest three years salary. In other words, their pension is not funded, they did not pay into the pension system what they get out, the taxpayer is on the hook for that debt. This is why politicians run to higher education admin positions, to boost their pensions. Is it any wonder why a college education is being denied to many?

http://www.bostonherald.com/projects/payroll/massachusetts/earnings.DESC//

Remember, this is just one state. Yours is just as bad if not worse. Never mind the over two million federal employees and growing. This is an enormous burden on the education of our young, and the debt of our people. While you were working, government gulped up the trough. You folks need to see data like this. The feds will not release individual salary information.

Do you think we would have a Social Security shortfall projected if millions upon millions of government workers, who were absolved from contributions, had been paying into the system since it's inception more than 70 years ago? The federal employees were forced to shift for those employed after 1983. I think there are 500K left on the federal side who were hired before 1983, and include many of the senior management of......, you guessed it, Social Security. They are the same folks who advise our Congressmen and women on Social Security reform, and yet, do not pay into the system.

We need some leadership to make the harsh reforms to get government back where it needs to be during these times.

and the liberals will say we don't bring solutions to the table. The truth is they don't want solutions that will block them from the trough.

Over 18 hours and no interest in Titanics profound plan to fix our Nation.

Looks like it is time for another Pity Reply:

Thanks for sharing Titanic....

Over 18 hours and no interest in Titanics profound plan to fix our Nation.

Looks like it is time for another Pity Reply:

Thanks for sharing Titanic....

I'm still colliding with the headline: Descending...descending? And there is Education involved in the thread?

WTF, this poster also has a plan to confuse me even more? I give up. ...0I'm Pullin' A Palin! ..... I surrender. Just please...please make TeebagSailor stop posting!

I know it's tough for you liberals to actually contribute and help out our nation. To help you out, the link is to the Massachusetts payroll in descending annual pay for the 2008 pay year. It is supposed to shock and awe you, and spur you into doing something besides zero, again. It is supposed to educate you that government is completely out of control, and why we are here today. If you disagree, then add something. I don't expect you will contribute, you are only here to defend Obama and his failures.

Trolls are cheap, I already have RW.

Last edited:
Do you think we would have a Social Security shortfall projected if millions upon millions of government workers, who were absolved from contributions, had been paying into the system since it's inception more than 70 years ago? The federal employees were forced to shift for those employed after 1983. I think there are 500K left on the federal side who were hired before 1983, and include many of the senior management of......, you guessed it, Social Security. They are the same folks who advise our Congressmen and women on Social Security reform, and yet, do not pay into the system.

We need some leadership to make the harsh reforms to get government back where it needs to be during these times.

NO. The problem with SS isn't that state employees don't pay into it. The problem is that both parties, when they've had control of the federal government, used the money for somehting else.

This is just another example of 'deflection' and no real attempt at a solution. But now that I think about it, deflection is all the GOP has given us and now its supporters think all that deflection is true.

As for MA state payroll, the highest paid are university people (which is the same in most, if not all states). But these people produce something of greater value than any CEO of a private company, they educate the next generation. And I've got to tell you, as long as the GOP wishes to believe that somehow a CEO of a fortune 500 company deserves the 10's and 100's of millions of dollars each year, you won't get Democrats (or even state Republicans) to even look at payroll of state university employees.

Yes, Democrat Lyndon Johnson opened the door to federal use of SS funds. That should be stopped.

I also disagree that SS inclusion of all government workers is a no. We are all Americans, we all contribute to Social Security, not just the unfortunate many impressed into the system. This attempt to side step SS inclusion should be illegal, and they should be funding SS just like the rest of us. The largest employer in the nation is government, and growing, and one fourth do not pay into SS. That is complete BS. And most of them are Democrats. I have no idea how any Democrat can say they care about Social Security, and yet don't even contribute to the system.

As far as the payroll of state and federal employees, it's already being looked at. When you start your own company, you can do what you want. When you are supposed to be serving the people and our children, your paycheck can be reviewed by us.

Government salaries are completely out of whack and need to be drastically cut, or taxed to the maximum.

You might not like hearing it, but we need cost cutting measures, and government reform of a spendaholic system that has crushed our nation.

Your opposition either identifies you as a government worker, or someone against reforming our government during these harsh times.

I have no idea what your solutions are, perhaps liberals are the Party of NO after all.............

;)

Last edited:
Two days and poor Titanic has been unable to draw flies to his moronic plea for attention....I count seven bumps in a pathetic plea for someone to buy into his drivel.

Looks like its time for another pity reply

Good job Titanic..........thanks for the useful information

Last edited:
just more self-entitled people who expect government to provide them an income

even here in conservative Virginia, public workers are moaning about only getting their fat, taxpayer-funded pensions at 62 if a bill in the state senate gets passed

these state workers first priority is to serve themselves, not the public, I'd rather deport them to Cuba where they belong, than the hard working immigrants I see waking up at 5am just to wait in line for the opportunity to pour concrete all day

just more self-entitled people who expect government to provide them an income

even here in conservative Virginia, public workers are moaning about only getting their fat, taxpayer-funded pensions at 62 if a bill in the state senate gets passed

these state workers first priority is to serve themselves, not the public, I'd rather deport them to Cuba where they belong, than the hard working immigrants I see waking up at 5am just to wait in line for the opportunity to pour concrete all day

Winner....winner....Chicken Dinner!

After two days Titanic ...FINALLY gets a supporting post

Now I can stop giving him pity replies, will Titanic stop his pathetic bumping for attention?

and it is one of the steps to fixing our nation, but there will be legal battles all over the nation trying to fix government salaries or reign them in. You would be better served shutting the entire show down so all are impacted, and starting over.

How does an "assistant" professor with a base of 60K end up making 362K for the year?

By robbing your children trying to get an education, that's how. The tax breaks for private universities also need to be addressed, they are CLEARLY big business.

There are so many ways we can reign in government and gain revenue to address our shortfalls. Unfortunately the government is in full defensive mode, and why Obama robbed us with Porkulus. Porkulus was one way state governments would not be forced to reform, and could delay cuts in the government worker voting base. The first cuts they made in Mass. were social services and care for the handicapped, and all the hacks kept their salaries, and they actually hired more hacks with huge salaries. The buddy system.

Remember, this is just one state. Yours is just as bad if not worse.
Actually my state, Texas, is not as bad.
Texas pensions, for example Teacher retirement, are funded by mandatory payments by working teachers into a sound fund - one that won't run dry because they paid in the right amount for the expected payout.
Must be the Balanced budget requirement in the Texas State Constitution which prevents politicians from overspending.
Perhaps Massachusetts should follow Texas' lead.

Remember, this is just one state. Yours is just as bad if not worse.
Actually my state, Texas, is not as bad.
Texas pensions, for example Teacher retirement, are funded by mandatory payments by working teachers into a sound fund - one that won't run dry because they paid in the right amount for the expected payout.
Must be the Balanced budget requirement in the Texas State Constitution which prevents politicians from overspending.
Perhaps Massachusetts should follow Texas' lead.

massachusetts has a balanced budget requirement as well. they get around it by creating quasipublic authorities and agencies and selling bonds to fund them.

for example_
the mass turnpike authority was supposed to be dissolved and the toll booths were to come down when the original bonds were paid off in 1984. when someone pointed this out yo the invertebrate running the agency in 1983, he found a compelling need to sell X millions/billions worth of bonds because the road, which was always touted as the best maintained road in the fricking world by masspike's flacks had become a clear and present danger to life as we know it. and yes, the fucking toll booths are still up.

Texas is also one of the states where public employees don't pay into Social Security I believe. California, Georgie, quite a few actually.

I agree, unfunded pensions should be illegal, and this highest three year deal they have in Mass. is under assault, and has been for years.

But Democrats will not budge. That's OK, perhaps there is hope in the coming years to give our kids a future.

Forum List

Back