Obama At All Time Low

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sinatra, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Obama's approval rating has hit an all time low at RCP - which averages various polling stats so as to avoid the oft-repeated charges of "partisan" that some level at other polls.

What we see here is yet more indication of a White House scrambling to find some message - any message, that will resonate with Americans.

Obama and the liberal wing of the Democrat Party are scrambling to revive the health care debate, while moderate Democrats are backing off with eyes toward potential electoral disaster looming in November. In addition to health care, the liberal Democrats are advocating higher taxes for all, increased deficit spending, and parts of the world growing increasingly hostile and dismissive toward America.

More and more DC insiders are using such terms as "Out of Touch" in describing Obama, and it appears a growing number of Americans agree.

RCP Average 1/22 - 2/7 -- 47.7 47.4 +0.3
    Marist 2/1 - 2/3 910 RV 44 47 -3
    Rasmussen Reports 2/5 - 2/7 1500 LV 46 54 -8

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

2. Kex

Kex Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I thought polls don't matter. The only one that matters is on election day, no?

3. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Tell that to the moderate Dems jumping the Obama ship of far left foolery...

4. Wicked Jester

Wicked Jester Libsmackin'chef

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,859
    And of course, THE INDEPENDENTS!....of without whom, he can't win in '12.

5. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,716
    Good job, Sinatra. Now let's nuance and put it in context with other presidents of the last forty years at the same time in their presidency. Then we will know the significance of the data.

6. Dr.House

Dr.House Lives on in syndication!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,488
    Why? Unless the circumstances were exactly the same at those points in time, what is the statistical significance of comparing time periods?

RCP, which used to be touted by you 0bama defenders as the true indication of Barry's approval rating, isn't getting as much play as it did before and it's obvious as to why...

7. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    I like what Sarah Palin said about him the other day..."It's time for the President to stop lecturing and to start listening." This President does seem to really enjoy listening to himself speak. He also comes off as pretty condescending too. Quit lecturing and get it together Mr. President.

8. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,166
    Past polls provide some interesting parallels, but other than that, I don't think Reagan will run again. Since the left has been drawing on Reagan lately, let's look. Yep, reagan hit a lower mark than Obama, but Obama still has time to do worse. Also, Reagan set in motion a plan which resulted in an improved economy and foreign policy. Obama has rendered a budget sure to make the deficit larger and take more capital from business. His numbers will tumble.

What is significant is, Obama's tough guy approach is having no better results as people have figured out he is all talk and no positive actions.

9. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Ah, a poll of polls. How clever. Now let's read ALL the polling data, shall we? Don't start laughing when DailyKos numbers are first; scroll down to Fox before you start blushing.

Obama: Favorability

This one begins with Fox:
    Obama: Job Ratings

10. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Every president in history has at least attempted to do all the things promised during his campaign. Sometimes I wonder what the age group is of most of these idiots who post here.

There are liberals who are understandably upset that Obama isn't able to promise the health care reform they wanted, for example, and there are moderate Democrats like myself who believe he should have started out with a less inclusive proposition (and I've said so many times), but that doesn't 'mean I'm jumping ship because I know what the future looks like if Republicans take full control within the decade. It will be exactly like the last decade.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1