An Angry Person - how do you react?

What Do You Think/Feel When Someone Is Angry?

• Afraid (get away/leave)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • It's Funny (Humor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disgust

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Embarassment

• Interest (stick around to see what happens)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Involvement (a need to participate)

• Other

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
How do you normally feel when you see someone getting angry?

What if it's someone close to you or a family member vs. being around a total stranger who's angry?

Rather than stay on last night when people were behaving like struck dogs bitinng and nipping at anything that moves, I went to bed.

Rather than stay on last night when people were behaving like struck dogs bitinng and nipping at anything that moves, I went to bed.

oh? do tell.... ? was this about you saying people shouldn't be upset about Paris?

oh? do tell.... ? was this about you saying people shouldn't be upset about Paris?

Didn't say they shouldn't be upset. Said being upset was perfectly normal, but lashing out at Islam only serves the terrorists' goals so don't do that. Be pissed at the terrorists, not 1.6 billion people. After just afew minutes though it became apparent that was like trying to have a discussion with someone nodding out on heroin about metaphysics. :)

I guess I was thinking more of people just yelling at each other in public....

Either an argument between a man and women that may or may not escalate ... (?)
A parent yelling at a child (I hate that, very embarrassing - especially women screaming at them in public....)
Or maybe just 2 guys in a heated disagreement .......

Man and woman: leave it alone unless violent then call police.

Adult and child: leave it alone unless a swatting becomes abusive. Call the police immediately on any parent who turns on you for interfering: tell them the parent is abusive and may hurt others.

Two guys: follow general guidelines above.

"An Angry Person - how do you react?"

By remaining calm, allowing the person to express his anger, until the person comes to the realization that there are better ways to address the situation causing his anger than becoming angry.

"An Angry Person - how do you react?"

By remaining calm, allowing the person to express his anger, until the person comes to the realization that there are better ways to address the situation causing his anger than becoming angry.

I think it is VERY hard at times. Especially when you are being blamed or targeted just because they are mad about something else. I have become pretty self disciplined about that - better - because it saves a lot of long drawn out and hostile arguments/fights to just keep your mouth shut til the storm blows over....

What if it's someone close to you or a family member vs. being around a total stranger who's angry?

Depends...if it is some moron thinking he is all that - I usually laugh, and don't mind if he sees me laughing at him. That usually quiets them down. Also depends if that anger is directed towards someone who is weaker...say their girlfriend or wife. A cold stare usually shuts that shit down pretty quick.
If it is a family member or close friend, obviously I want to know what it is about and diffuse the situation and see if I can help or try to point them in the direction of solving the problem rather than exacerbating it with anger.

If it is directed at me...also depends, if I deserve it I stand there and take every bit of it unless they get too personal. If I don't deserve it...I am not a good person to yell at.

About the summer of 2004, or somewhere along there - a guy I knew walked through Gate 3 one afternoon. He made the comment about a sandy haired blonde nurse we both knew, and said she made the comment " I love you Robert. "

A guard I use to work with , heavy set and mustache. He would talk about his son whom is a Deputy a Sheriff in the county south east of where I live; and in the Metropolis I used to work EMS . He would talk about his son, then the Sandy haired blonde nurse .

Based on the above two paragraphs I would venture that the Sandy haired blonde nurse represents.....or is an " Agent" of the county southeast of where I live: and previously worked.

Her name ( M- N ) first and middle name...... Is a pseudonym ; and she is married.

Her and the dark haired blonde nurse she worked with - dark haired blonde nurse = drove a Chrysler convertible , actually work together.

Matter if fact the sandy haired blonde nurse ( drove a red ford sedan - lived in the county north of where I live near a plant ) frustrated easily, was very controlling and highly suggestive to others. Full of ulterior motives, is not trust worthy with confidential or secret information...... And as I understand ; she recruits her adversary's friends to turn against her adversaries. She speaks falsely sometimes.

With her is many other females - one current drives a Toyota sedan and has a son. She is short and has short hair, other females are in HR : southeast corner of the main admin building, sales dept & personnel as well as accounting . Men that work with her ( sandy haired blonde nurse ) are also in the admin building; as well as covertly in my security department - as demoted by the holidays they get off, calling off work frequently, and are excused from working overtime...... Just like a previous security employee( nicknamed Delta Force ) whom was excused from working holidays due to getting Military Orders all the time.... But only on holidays he was scheduled to work.

Methods of operation = discrediting me, drugging me , intentionally trying to make me angry and mad , wear me out by making me work excessive amounts of overtime , prevent me time off in the spring and fall to go camping & small game hunting. Severe pressure is to get me to quit my job and go to work elsewhere...... As occurred with my last job with Metropolitan EMS.

I am told irregular and conflicting stories at work, about events at work as well as operations. I deal with a long list of mind games and psychological games.

I despise weasels and sneaks ; people whom think they are better than others.

No trust - = Bowels of the earth to me.

My upbringing, military education and job requires trust ! A great deal is lost where I work.

Shadow 355

I don't like being yelled at or reprimanded... I get very flustered and depressed. I can hardly stand criticism.
If it's something I know I'm good at or very confident in, it doesn't phase me.

I have cried over not cooking a good dish before (many times) because I'm very insecure about my cooking.

I don't like being yelled at or reprimanded... I get very flustered and depressed. I can hardly stand criticism.

I have cried over not cooking a good dish before (many times) because I'm very insecure about my cooking.
It could be worse............my wife says I could burn water with my cooking abilities........................LOL

I bet you rock in the kitchen Bonzi...............

It could be worse............my wife says I could burn water with my cooking abilities........................LOL

.... only if there is a rocking chair in there... I've gotten much better.... I wish I could experiment more.....

.... only if there is a rocking chair in there... I've gotten much better.... I wish I could experiment more.....
Haven't you seen the commercials on take out.............Geesh...........Get the take out and put it on the table........Look what I did..........

Or my favorite..............Microwave cooking.....

:mm:

What are you cooking? Do you have a favorite method? (bake/pan fry etc.)
Just trying to understand what you are struggling with, and why the results are not successful.

Haven't you seen the commercials on take out.............Geesh...........Get the take out and put it on the table........Look what I did..........

Or my favorite..............Microwave cooking.....

:mm:

Rocking in the kitchen reminds me of the commercial they show here in this area all the time...

Forum List

Back