AMLO Calls Them The Power Mafia

DennisJW

Jul 1, 2018
I've lived in Mexico over 20 years so I know who and what AMLO is referring to. What I'd like to know is what Americans understand and or if they understand or if anybody cares.

Oh, you're that guy in Oaxaca, huh? How do you deal with skeeters? Me? Slather down with Deet. :funnyface:

AMLO is an acronym for the current Mexican president, right? But who is the "power mafia"? If U.S. lefties wanted to square themselves with Mexico and if Obrador cared about anything but getting re-elected they would go after the criminal conspiracy in the American government that authorized the shipment of over 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels. If Obrador had any balls he would accuse the Obama administration of wholesale acessory to murder but alas , it's all about politics.

I've never heard the term Power Mafia before, but I assume you mean the big money people behind the curtain who own all the local governments and police forces in Mexico. I hope AMLO is different but it seems the temptations and bad forces down there are too much too overcome.

AMLO is an acronym for the current Mexican president, right? But who is the "power mafia"? If U.S. lefties wanted to square themselves with Mexico and if Obrador cared about anything but getting re-elected they would go after the criminal conspiracy in the American government that authorized the shipment of over 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels. If Obrador had any balls he would accuse the Obama administration of wholesale acessory to murder but alas , it's all about politics.
Thank for chiming in. AMLO the newly elected President. EPN is the current Pres' acronym. Let me get more of what americans on here think before giving out what the Power mafia is.

I've never heard the term Power Mafia before, but I assume you mean the big money people behind the curtain who own all the local governments and police forces in Mexico. I hope AMLO is different but it seems the temptations and bad forces down there are too much too overcome.
Your warm google AMLO Power Mafia it will get you closer. He uses the term a lot at least in the Mexican press it's covered. I don't know how much is in the US english press. It's more multi factional in that the Power Mafia is but one faction.

AMLO either the greatest conman ever or he is really sincere about wanting to root out the corruption that is a cancer in Mexico. But how does he do that when he can't trust anyone in a position of authority?

AMLO either the greatest conman ever or he is really sincere about wanting to root out the corruption that is a cancer in Mexico. But how does he do that when he can't trust anyone in a position of authority?
The greatest con man ever plus so power hungry he'll say or do anything to get as much power as he can. I think he really believes he was born to be Mexico' savior. As far as really stopping the corruption he seems to draw them into his fold thinking some how that will make them change, fools errand imo.

That's too bad. There's a lot of potential for Mexico but like Africa, if you can't stop the corruption nothing will improve.
There's a lot of hope AMLO is the savior he believes he is even I hope he is. It's a wait and see being how the balance of power is balanced with 6 months of EPN gov left. AMLO will be tranquil imo until the transfer of power. The issues here are very complex with many factions in play. AMLO of the past was ruthless in his fight against the Power Mafia and would do anything for power. At that time I thought he was dangerous. Over the years he's been just as driven but mellowed with age. With so many people wanting him to succeed there's hope here. I won't get into more intricacies now though.

Last edited:
That's too bad. There's a lot of potential for Mexico but like Africa, if you can't stop the corruption nothing will improve.
There's a lot hope AMLO is the savior he believes he is even I hope he is. It's a wait and see being how the balance of power is balanced with 6 months of EPN gov left AMLO will be tranquil imo The issues here are very complex with many factions in play.

If he adopts international oil markets...he should survive.

Mexico is officiallly gone.
Mexico is officiallly gone.
Nope, they're our neighbors but we should more then nudge, push, then into getting there economy going so they prosper and stay home. So the southern border is their southern border problem as a buffer to our Southern border. That would also help stop the corruption but giving good honest jobs, It would also improve the US economy and job growth imo.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back