America's Next Warplane

But ... can the pilots play volleyball?

enhanced-17850-1438111899-9.png

Sounds like a pretty cool plane.

However...............it also looks a bit fragile. How much damage can it take before the airframe becomes unworthy?

A-10's are a hell of a lot tougher looking than this little number.

And, how manuverable is it? Can it outperform a Warthog?

Jesus! That ultra-light is a piloted warplane? My bad.

Jesus! That ultra-light is a piloted warplane? My bad.

While it's got good stats as far as payload, flying stats and all that, it looks too fragile to go into an active war zone.

But, if it's got a titanium bathtub like the A10 does, and has the ability to fly with holes in the wings, I'd say go for it.

Something that can loiter over the battle field for 7 hours? Be good for air support.

Whether this model has a pilot of not...pilots are going bye bye. Pilots are more and more becoming a limiting factor in air combat.

Made in South Africa. Can take a huge payload and stay in the air a bit over 7 hours. And I'll bet a whole lot cheaper than the other models being considered.

Stories @ War News Updates: America’s Next Warplane Could Come From Africa and War News Updates: America’s Next Warplane Could Come From Africa

I think of these drones more of a 'how to deliver our best technology to the enemy in an easy to shoot down package'.

Dude................it's not a drone. It is a piloted aircraft. Drones don't have pilots.

Made in South Africa. Can take a huge payload and stay in the air a bit over 7 hours. And I'll bet a whole lot cheaper than the other models being considered.

Stories @ War News Updates: America’s Next Warplane Could Come From Africa and War News Updates: America’s Next Warplane Could Come From Africa

I think of these drones more of a 'how to deliver our best technology to the enemy in an easy to shoot down package'.

Dude................it's not a drone. It is a piloted aircraft. Drones don't have pilots.

Dude the 90s needs their attitude back.

I'm wondering if you actually watched the video? Why? Because yeah, I kinda thought from the still that it might be a drone, but when I clicked play, I saw that there were 2 people in the cockpit. Drones don't have pilots.

I'm wondering if you actually watched the video? Why? Because yeah, I kinda thought from the still that it might be a drone, but when I clicked play, I saw that there were 2 people in the cockpit. Drones don't have pilots.

Drones don't have pilots. Yes thank you for your in depth knowledge on the subject. I missed the pilot in the pic. This makes it even worse in my opinion, with the advancement of super sophisticated drones why put humans in jeopardy on a modern battlefield to look out the window and 'see' things. A drone equipped with a menagerie of cameras and sensors can see in all directions at once.

I suppose it's good no one said the thing had no wings. "Dude, planes need wings". Hmm yeah, ok thanks for that.

Immediate Red Flag: Made in South Africa
The US should never purchase any military equipment that is not MADE IN THE USA, this should be a standard purchasing requirement

Drones have pilots, just not on board the aircraft. My nephew is an Army drone pilot.

Whether this model has a pilot of not...pilots are going bye bye. Pilots are more and more becoming a limiting factor in air combat.

This aircraft is not for air combat. You didn't watch the video either!
I was referring to aircraft and aircrew in the global sense. Fighter and attack aircraft technology is advancing to the point where aircrew and their life support requirements are becoming a hindrance.

I was referring to aircraft and aircrew in the global sense. Fighter and attack aircraft technology is advancing to the point where aircrew and their life support requirements are becoming a hindrance.

Sorry! You are wrong. Drones have a limited purpose because you almost always need a human brain in that cockpit to tell you when things are going wrong that sensors won't tell you.

Sorry! You are wrong. Drones have a limited purpose because you almost always need a human brain in that cockpit to tell you when things are going wrong that sensors won't tell you.
Give it time. Think back just 25 years. It's coming.

Forum List

Back