America’s Most Hated Industries

Fuel taxes have nothing to do with the price of oil you idiot.

They are per gallon taxes and not based on the price.

Gasoline Taxes Vs. Exxon Profit, Per Gallon

You'll see that Exxon makes less per gallon of gas sold than the fucking goverment takes in taxes.

gastax.jpg

I'm not an idiot, I was misinformed (that is ignorant). Idiots are those who continue to hold beliefs even when evidence is provided proving them wrong. And willful idiots won't read anything which challenges their assumptions.

[Is Exxon, in your example, the only 'person' to profit from a gallon of gasoline?]

Gasoline taxes remain at 18.4 cents per gallon, unchanged since 1993. Which I learned from the following link - which may inform others about Obama's Energy Policy and that of his Energy Sect.

FactCheck.org : Obama Wanted Higher Gasoline Prices?

Had to pos rep you for that.

I wrote about the difference between the ignorant and the stupid and you quoted it almost verbatim.

Good grief. I'm speechless.

I'm not an idiot, I was misinformed (that is ignorant). Idiots are those who continue to hold beliefs even when evidence is provided proving them wrong. And willful idiots won't read anything which challenges their assumptions.

[Is Exxon, in your example, the only 'person' to profit from a gallon of gasoline?]

Gasoline taxes remain at 18.4 cents per gallon, unchanged since 1993. Which I learned from the following link - which may inform others about Obama's Energy Policy and that of his Energy Sect.

FactCheck.org : Obama Wanted Higher Gasoline Prices?

Had to pos rep you for that.

I wrote about the difference between the ignorant and the stupid and you quoted it almost verbatim.

Good grief. I'm speechless.

Yeah, me too.

You do know that the fucking government makes more off of a gallon of gas than do the evil oil companies don't you?

The taxes on a gallon of gas rises in proportion to the rise in the pump price as fixed by the oil companies. If taxes on a gallon of gas are greater than the aggregate of all those who touched the crude to those who sell the gallon I'd be very surprised. Please, surprise me with the details.

Also, where do the taxes on gasoline go? What percentage of the tax does the Federal Government, the State Government and local governments collect?

Since you seem to want the reader to believe you're an expert, I'm sure you must have these answers. Thanks for sharing them in advance.

Fuel taxes have nothing to do with the price of oil you idiot.

They are per gallon taxes and not based on the price.

Gasoline Taxes Vs. Exxon Profit, Per Gallon

You'll see that Exxon makes less per gallon of gas sold than the fucking goverment takes in taxes.

gastax.jpg

Some cities, like Chicago, also have a sales tax on gasoline. The price goes up, the city collects even more on each gallon.

Motor Fuel Tax Revenue

The states collected $37 billion in motor fuel taxes in 2009.

As for the federal government:

Transportation Invest In Our Future - Surface Transportation Policy Recommendations

In 2005, $24.5 billion in revenues came from gas taxes and $8.9 billion from diesel taxes. So 88 percent of revenues came from fuel taxes. The remaining $4.5 billion came from commercial vehicle taxes and fees, of which the sales tax on trucks, buses, and trailers at $3 billion generated the largest component. Trust Fund revenues are forecast to increase from $37.9 billion in 2005 to $46.9 billion by 2015, a 10-year increase of $9 billion, or 23 percent, if no changes in rates are made.

Forum List

Back