Americans Favor "Buffett Rule" by 60% to 37%

LOL, first they rail against the rich, then they bless them..

how friggen hilarious

Now we are having our politics dictated and pushed off on us by UnElected people..

And it's so Obama can raise taxes on the people he REPRESENTS

How do you like that one folks.

Last edited:
God bless Warren Buffett and President Obama for speaking the truth.

"I will cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term"
Not he will try but he said he WOULD do it.
You are not interested in the truth when it comes to Obama. Quit Bull Shitting us. You do not hold him accountable for a damn thing.
The deficit is 1.2 fucking trillion dollars and you are worried about a measly 5 billion a year that the Buffett Rule will bring in instead of the 600 billion Obama promised to cut.
Do you realize how stupid that makes you look falling for this Buffett Rule farce?
600 billion versus 5 billion. Damn son, you need to start listening up and soon.

President Barack Obama said:
I will cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term
That is still a possibility, after all, he didn't say "in half" from any specific date in time or reference point. His first year was a massive deficit, maybe he meant half the deficit he massively created in his first year.

"I will cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term"
Not he will try but he said he WOULD do it.
You are not interested in the truth when it comes to Obama. Quit Bull Shitting us. You do not hold him accountable for a damn thing.
The deficit is 1.2 fucking trillion dollars and you are worried about a measly 5 billion a year that the Buffett Rule will bring in instead of the 600 billion Obama promised to cut.
Do you realize how stupid that makes you look falling for this Buffett Rule farce?
600 billion versus 5 billion. Damn son, you need to start listening up and soon.

Its interesting...I was listening to a program on NPR a while ago, and they were talking about how when numbers get into the trillions people just can't register it anymore. Maybe thats why no one is understanding what you are saying...they just can't register the difference.

All polls that do not favor the right are out of touch with reality!

Taxing Cap gains at a higher rate will simply drive investments overseas- it's stupid.

Considering that since the reduction of Capital Gains Tax to 15%, American companies have created almost as many jobs offshore as they have domestically,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

Along with sensible and moderate cuts in wasteful spending, I am for modest tax increases on the very few who actually did amazingly well over the last decade while most people either stagnated or faced an even worse fate.

Taxes as a part of GDP is about 3% or so lower than where it was under Ronald Reagan. America tends to chug along just fine when taxation is at or around 17.5-18% of GDP, and right now we're a notch or two below 15%.

Low taxes would be nice, but we've carried on for awhile now with putting everything on the charge card, from the two wars to Medicare Part D, from the Dept. of Homeland Security to the two big tax cuts a decade ago.

It's time we actually pay our way, and along with some austerity measures, some modest tax increases make perfectly common sense. As a fiscal conservative, myself, it's hard for me to go along with the notion that asking President Obama or Mitt Romney to pay 3 or 4% more is somehow "class warfare".

Capital gains should go up, too. It doesn't make any sense that a guy like Steve Forbes, who makes money almost exclusively off of investment capital, should be paying a lower rate than a bus driver. On that point, I'm still a Reaganite even if Ronald Reagan would be laughed out of the Republican party of today.

Americans favor the Buffett Rule AFTER obama told them it was a gimmick that can't work. Americans believe that Warren Buffet wants to pay more taxes AFTER he's being sued by the government for NOT PAYING the taxes he already owed.

How stupid are Americans really? It deserves thought exploration.

All polls that do not favor the right are out of touch with reality!

Taxing Cap gains at a higher rate will simply drive investments overseas- it's stupid.

Considering that since the reduction of Capital Gains Tax to 15%, American companies have created almost as many jobs offshore as they have domestically,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

So, creating less jobs and driving more money overseas is your solution? We live in a global economy- this means jobs and money are global realities- period.

This also means that making US investment funds unattractive by increasing the double dip already attached to them more likely to shrink. This isn't rocket science.

So, creating less jobs and driving more money overseas is your solution? We live in a global economy- this means jobs and money are global realities- period.

This also means that making US investment funds unattractive by increasing the double dip already attached to them more likely to shrink. This isn't rocket science.

I've been thinking about this and I agree with you, labor is a product on the market place no two ways around it, like it or not, and our manufacturing wages just aren't competitive. As long as this is the case then we will have persistent unemployment for those individuals who where best suited for manufacturing.

God bless Warren Buffett and President Obama for speaking the truth.
Buffet and Obama both want to raise taxes on the rich. They both fall under that definition.

Can you show me where either has sent extra money to the Treasury? There is a means to do so, and it's not illegal.

Why do they need a law to force them to do it?

Of course Americans believe that those with the greatest amount of disposable income should be taxed at a level greater than those who are trying to make ends meet. It's fair. When those with the greatest amount of disposable income pay a lower tax rate than those who are trying to make ends meet is unfair.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back