Americans Behaving Badly

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
The Founding Fathers would be ashamed. :evil:

RIVERHEAD, N.Y. — Over the last several days, Justice Robert W. Doyle has heard the typical excuses from potential jurors. One woman mentioned her husband’s medical problems. Another woman complained about her back.

But other prospective jurors, seeking to be excused, have brought up larger issues in the judge’s Long Island courtroom.

A young woman said that her father, a mechanic, has a “huge opinion about illegal immigration,” and that his views on the subject have “become my opinions as well.” A man told Justice Doyle that his house was broken into by illegal immigrants while he was sleeping, a fact that he said would affect his ability to be fair and impartial.

And there were those who took a different view, like the bank worker who said that because her husband is of Mexican and Italian descent, she might have difficulty being fair. And the woman who explained that most of the clients in her job are illegal Latino immigrants.http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/09/nyregion/09patchogue.html

“I don’t think that because of that they should be killed,” she told Justice Doyle.

Last edited:
Bullshit! If you believe that throw open your front door (if you have one) and let everybody in.

link?

And since when do Lefties like you care what the Founding Fathers thought?

Since the days of revolution and civil war? Lefties (although I would not call myself one) have defended this country with blood and life.

How many war heroes do you think were lefties in America?

Still waiting on that link.

Also, not talking about those lefties.
I'm talking about people like you.

I don't know if all the Founding Fathers would be angry about evading jury duty.

Certainly not Aaron Burr.

A little known factoid of American history, John Hancock once got out of jury duty by claiming his name made him go blind.

link?

And since when do Lefties like you care what the Founding Fathers thought?

Since the days of revolution and civil war? Lefties (although I would not call myself one) have defended this country with blood and life.

uhm, most likely the NYT...seeing as lefties like me read newspapers as opposed to listening to talk radio or watching cable gab-fests for news.

:eek:

ever try google?

uhm, most likely the NYT...seeing as lefties like me read newspapers as opposed to listening to talk radio or watching cable gab-fests for news.

ever try google?

It's common courtesy to post the link when posting a thread.. Actually not really.. most people Expect a Link.. if not your Post isn't Valid and just sounds like your making up stuff..

Go ahead post it and I'll respectfully apologize and then post my opinion.

I don't know if all the Founding Fathers would be angry about evading jury duty.

Certainly not Aaron Burr.

A little known factoid of American history, John Hancock once got out of jury duty by claiming his name made him go blind.

I think they would be angry about average citizens evading civic responsibilities.

Aaron Burr, was an above average citizen.

ever try google?

It's common courtesy to post the link when posting a thread.. Actually not really.. most people Expect a Link.. if not your Post isn't Valid and just sounds like your making up stuff..

actually, I've never made stuff up here that was posted as a news story. I dont' use crazy fringe web sites for news. And nothing I've ever posted as news has ever been successfully challenged as being made up.

the link was added to the OP...and unlike most here, I Google parts of what people post (I like Wikipedia, and like Wikipedia I try to verify ) and I seek out their sources.

ever try google?

actually, I've never made stuff up here that was posted as a news story. I dont' use crazy fringe web sites for news. And nothing I've ever posted as news has ever been successfully challenged as being made up.

the link was added to the OP...and unlike most here, I Google parts of what people post (I like Wikipedia, and like Wikipedia I try to verify ) and I seek out their sources.

Thank you, I see you added the link now. :)

Thank you, I see you added the link now. :)

I usually do. SOP with me, but sometimes it gets lost in the browser.

:cool:

RIVERHEAD, N.Y. — Over the last several days, Justice Robert W. Doyle has heard the typical excuses from potential jurors. One woman mentioned her husband’s medical problems. Another woman complained about her back.

But other prospective jurors, seeking to be excused, have brought up larger issues in the judge’s Long Island courtroom.

A young woman said that her father, a mechanic, has a “huge opinion about illegal immigration,” and that his views on the subject have “become my opinions as well.” A man told Justice Doyle that his house was broken into by illegal immigrants while he was sleeping, a fact that he said would affect his ability to be fair and impartial.

And there were those who took a different view, like the bank worker who said that because her husband is of Mexican and Italian descent, she might have difficulty being fair. And the woman who explained that most of the clients in her job are illegal Latino immigrants.In Jury Selection for Hate Crime, a Struggle to Find Tolerance - NYTimes.com

“I don’t think that because of that they should be killed,” she told Justice Doyle.

ashamed of what.....of being honest and admitting they had bias and could not judge a peer farily.....

yea they should have all lied....

Bullshit! If you believe that throw open your front door (if you have one) and let everybody in.

you again prove what a fuckin' lunatic you are. you support people who evade their civic duty?

:evil:
"Civic Duty" What a crock of shit.
I believe YOU might be the lunatic, and a brainwashed one at that.

Jury duty is a civic duty.

now go away and allow the adults some private time.

And there were those who took a different view, like the bank worker who said that because her husband is of Mexican and Italian descent, she might have difficulty being fair. And the woman who explained that most of the clients in her job are illegal Latino immigrants.In Jury Selection for Hate Crime, a Struggle to Find Tolerance - NYTimes.com

ashamed of what.....of being honest and admitting they had bias and could not judge a peer farily.....

there excuses were bullshit. if one is unable to consider accused 'innocent' before the law, than one is a traitor to democratic ideals and unworthy of American citizenship.

note, I said 'innocent' before the law.

there excuses were bullshit. if one is unable to consider accused 'innocent' before the law, than one is a traitor to democratic ideals and unworthy of American citizenship.

like i said in your world they should lie .... and say they aren't biased.....

still clueless?:eusa_whistle:

still clueless?:eusa_whistle:

tell me again why you want people to commit perjury to sit on a jury and be biased....maybe that would work out as a jury of your peers but most would prefer to be judged by honest men and women.....

Forum List

Back