American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2009

Seriously---haven't we passed the point where we can expect anyone to listen. They don't even pretend to listen until election time rolls around anyway.

Seriously---haven't we passed the point where we can expect anyone to listen. They don't even pretend to listen until election time rolls around anyway.

Despite him not listening, I continue to pester my Congressman. I hope he hates me. Well, his staff anyways.

Despite him not listening, I continue to pester my Congressman. I hope he hates me. Well, his staff anyways.

Worth a shot I reckon but I'm pretty sure the issues have all been taken out of the hands of the people.

Let's see. Before the UN, two world wars in 20 years.

Since the UN, no world wars.

I'll agree that one couldn't prove this was because of the UN, but I'll take my chances with success nonetheless.

And nobody's saying "abolish the UN." We're saying it's time for America to get out of the UN because it erodes our sovereignty and costing the citizens of our country too much. If others wish to continue funding and participating in the UN then that's their choice.

However, I don't give any credence to your thoughts that the UN may be what's stopped another World War. I look more towards nuclear capability and the fact that nobody really wants to enter into a conflict of that size if it means that they could be nuked.

And nobody's saying "abolish the UN." We're saying it's time for America to get out of the UN because it erodes our sovereignty and costing the citizens of our country too much. If others wish to continue funding and participating in the UN then that's their choice.

However, I don't give any credence to your thoughts that the UN may be what's stopped another World War. I look more towards nuclear capability and the fact that nobody really wants to enter into a conflict of that size if it means that they could be nuked.

If the US gets out of the UN its effectively abolished because we're the big gun. I don't see that it particularly erodes our sovereighnity. How so? The UN did not support our attack on Iraq and we went right ahead and did it anyway.

How does the UN hurt? I think it is beneficial to have a forum where leaders of the world can meet and express their views, even those of states that don't have dipolmatic ties with one another. I think there are lots of UN agencies that do some good, tho' I'm not an expert on the subject.

Why would you think that the nuke situation would be any better without the UN?

How much does it cost the US per year? 1/10% of Govt expenditures or less I'd bet.

If the US gets out of the UN its effectively abolished because we're the big gun. I don't see that it particularly erodes our sovereighnity. How so? The UN did not support our attack on Iraq and we went right ahead and did it anyway.

How does the UN hurt? I think it is beneficial to have a forum where leaders of the world can meet and express their views, even those of states that don't have dipolmatic ties with one another. I think there are lots of UN agencies that do some good, tho' I'm not an expert on the subject.

How much does it cost the US per year? 1/10% of Govt expenditures or less I'd bet.

Well, if it goes under without the support of the US I have no problem with that either.

I don't think the nuke situation would be any better without the UN, but I don't see it getting any worse either.

Here's a good article by Ron Paul from 2003 that talks about the UN.

Time to Renounce the United Nations? by Rep. Ron Paul

I'll agree that one couldn't prove this was because of the UN, but I'll take my chances with success nonetheless.

That's because it's obvious you just love theft and corruption.. takes a DUmmie!

The UN doesn't affect our ability act as a soveriegn nation. Saudi Arabia does. I vote we seceed from Saudi Arabia.

Summary;

2/24/2009--Introduced.
American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2009 - Repeals the United Nations Participation Act of 1945 and other specified related laws. Directs the President to terminate U.S. participation in the United Nations, including any organ, specialized agency, commission, or other affiliated body. Requires closure of the U.S. Mission to the United Nations.
Prohibits: (1) the authorization of funds for the U.S. assessed or voluntary contribution to the United Nations; (2) the authorization of funds for any U.S. contribution to any U.N. military operation; and (3) the expenditure of funds to support the participation of U.S. Armed Forces as part of any U.N. military or peacekeeping operation. Bars U.S. Armed Forces from serving under U.N. command.

That's because it's obvious you just love theft and corruption.. takes a DUmmie!

Pout pout pout ...

That's right. It's my turn,, you had eight years to bitch and moan.. move over

it hurts because all it is, is a place where they meet to bash the US.....and we allow it to go on.....and the UN is not the reason there hasnt been any world wars,there have been many minor wars,and if this org. had any effect,those wars would have ended much sooner,some still go on....like the Sudan.....very ineffective org.......

it hurts because all it is, is a place where they meet to bash the US.....and we allow it to go on.....and the UN is not the reason there hasnt been any world wars,there have been many minor wars,and if this org. had any effect,those wars would have ended much sooner,some still go on....like the Sudan.....very ineffective org.......

That's the point. They can bash us and we can bash them back, but it serves as a forum where this can happen so there is at least some channel of communication and expression.

With its dominant position and veto power on the security council the US has been able to use the UN far more to its benefit than detriment.

Forum List

Back