American Made?

You high and mighty people wanted to be GLOBULL (because it sound so cool and sophisticated ) so now you are

You can thank Billy boy Clinton for it. He signed NAFTA
But don't forget that a Newt Gingrich controlled Republican Congress passed it first!

BOTH parties screw us equally, just in different ways.

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.

As anyone who reads my excellent threads and posts realizes, I am pro-American worker and made here. The other day my wife and I are in a quaint little town in Pennsylvania where 'buy local' is seen on businesses and automobiles. So what do I see but a 'buy local' sticker on a BMW. Kinda funny that the very people who want you to buy local support workers who make twice as much as our Union workers and whose export trade surplus is doing quite well. I realize many foreign cars are made in America today, let's face it that helps their image and image matters. How many people buy only for image? Lots if you check. Making anything requires more than the final construction steps. See this site: The Level Field Institute

And do this too. Ask your Representatives to support made here and check those labels. For those who think Rush Limbaugh, among many others pundits, athletes, and entertainers, speak for America ask him [or her] why they supports Germany's auto business as they sure don't listen to Rush's rantings - I never hear him talk up the American worker or made here? Glenn Beck is another one to ask.

Top 5 Reasons Labor Day isn t for Laborers Anymore Informed Comment

Our children, our grandchildren, ourselves, require we support each other, buy American.

If you buy a foreign made auto please don't complain about our economy or jobs. Please keep quiet. Thanks

What in the hell is wrong with people US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Did Obama Save GM US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Democrats Unions Corruption US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Writing Unions Out of the Story on Fighting Poverty US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Galloping Over The Minimum Wage Myth Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

What kind of Smartphone do you use?

How about your computer - where were all its components made?

You high and mighty people wanted to be GLOBULL (because it sound so cool and sophisticated ) so now you are

You can thank Billy boy Clinton for it. He signed NAFTA
But don't forget that a Newt Gingrich controlled Republican Congress passed it first!

BOTH parties screw us equally, just in different ways.

Please say exactly how Republicans screwed us or admit you lack the IQ to defend what you say

EdwardBaiamonte, there is no need to post five times? I know your attention span is limited, but try next time to use an editor, ask mom if you don't know what that means or how, you'll save space and effort for your coloring book later in the day.

I'm not sure of the source of this letter, it was found on several foreign made cars and on a bulletin board in Walmart. While this was from the German people I think it applies to many other companies that wish to thank the American consumer.

'Dear American,'

"The German people thank you. Our Union workers thank you, and your support of our socialized medicine is very much appreciated. Our healthcare is rated very high in the world in quality. Thank you for that. We know your workers aren't as hard working as we Germans and we know image and quality matter to you, your automobile business is not nearly as fine as ours, so we thank you again. Keep supporting us as our children and grandchildren need to live as nicely as we do. Thanks and danke. That's German for thanks.

Keep up the spending kind American consumer of our products.

Back on Topic. Since you are free to support Japan and their unions and socialized medicine and then whine about the American union worker and our healthcare, I am free to call you out on it. If you are part of the problem at least have the chutzpah to own up to your part.

As usual the OP knows oh so little.
"If you bought a foreign car, then don't complain about the economy"...which is a farce.
The last I read the % of foreign made parts in "American made" cars ranges from 35% - 100%.

Workers should be treated civilly and respectfully, and paid according to their economic value. What could be simpler? They may work very "hard" or not, but that might have very little to do with their economic value. One of my co-workers, for example, spends most of his "working" time on the golf course and entertaining customers at nice restaurants and resorts. And he is personally responsible for about 25% of the company's revenues and half the company's profits. He is essentially irreplaceable. He wants to "retire" but the company keeps throwing more money at him to induce him to stay. Other coworkers work very hard and long hours doing detailed drawings and calculations which, if incorrect, could cause tens of thousands of dollars in damages to the company, and they make a decent wage - about a third or a fourth of the sales guy makes.

Is there anything "un-fair" about their respective compensation?

I think not.

As usual the OP knows oh so little.
"If you bought a foreign car, then don't complain about the economy"...which is a farce.

People buy Japanese cars because Consumer Reports and others have proved they are more reliable. Why impoverish yourself with an American car that will need expensive repairs.

If people were compelled to buy American that would only make the quality worse and Americans poorer. Capitalism forces you to provide the best in the world so you enrich your customers rather than impoverish them.

Ask Midcan how many times has GM filed bankruptcy...ask him if GM filed bankruptcy after the bailout.
Answer...17 times.
2ndAnswer - yes they still filed via subsidiaries.
General Motors has filed bankruptcy 17 times last I knew, probably more than that now.
They pile debt and bad business into a subsidiary company they dream up. And then file, it rarely makes the news. Nor does it make the news when many large corporations do this.

Forum List

Back