Economy Adds Fewest Jobs In Eight Months...

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
The unemployment rate falls again...due to more people leaving the work force. Unemployed people giving up on the search for jobs removes them from the list of unemployed. This is NOT a good thing!

Economy adds fewest jobs in eight months Rare

U.S. employers added just 142,000 jobs in August, snapping a six-month streak of hiring above 200,000 and posting the smallest gain in eight months.

The unemployment rate fell to 6.1 percent from 6.2 percent, the Labor Department said Friday. But the rate dropped because more people without jobs stopped looking for one and were no longer counted as unemployed.

Employers also added 28,000 fewer jobs in June and July than the government had previously estimated.

The weaker-than-expected figures make it unlikely that the Federal Reserve will speed up its timetable for raising interest rates. Most analysts expect the first rate hike around mid-2015.

The unemployment rate falls again...due to more people leaving the work force. Unemployed people giving up on the search for jobs removes them from the list of unemployed. This is NOT a good thing!

Economy adds fewest jobs in eight months Rare

U.S. employers added just 142,000 jobs in August, snapping a six-month streak of hiring above 200,000 and posting the smallest gain in eight months.

The unemployment rate fell to 6.1 percent from 6.2 percent, the Labor Department said Friday. But the rate dropped because more people without jobs stopped looking for one and were no longer counted as unemployed.

Employers also added 28,000 fewer jobs in June and July than the government had previously estimated.

The weaker-than-expected figures make it unlikely that the Federal Reserve will speed up its timetable for raising interest rates. Most analysts expect the first rate hike around mid-2015.

I don't understand those numbers. It seems they always say people have stopped looking yet u3 has come steadily down and U6, which includes those who stopped looking, is dropping like a rock.

It seems that everyone is getting back to work, the recession is over, and people are making less owing to liberalism here and cheap labor abroad.

I don't understand those numbers. It seems they always say people have stopped looking yet u3 has come steadily down and U6, which includes those who stopped looking, is dropping like a rock.

It seems that everyone is getting back to work, the recession is over, and people are making less owing to liberalism here and cheap labor abroad.
...and I don't understand your references to u3 and u6....or where you obtained information about them. I am not an economist and do not wish to be.

Added more jobs this year than the ENTIRE Bush administration

I can see why conservatives celebrate a weak month

Last edited:
Adding government jobs does not help the economy one bit.

Government workers don't spend money?

They don't buy houses or go out eat or buy cars or send their kids to college or take vacations?
And tax revenue rather than private profits, pays their salaries.

I do however grant you a one bit addition to the economy.

...and I don't understand your references to u3 and u6....or where you obtained information about them. I am not an economist and do not wish to be.

What is U6 unemployment rate ?
The U6 unemployment rate counts not only people without work seeking full-time employment (the more familiar U-3 rate), but also counts "marginally attached workers and those working part-time for economic reasons." Note that some of these part-time workers counted as employed by U-3 could be working as little as an hour a week. And the "marginally attached workers" include those who have gotten discouraged and stopped looking, but still want to work. The age considered for this calculation is 16 years and over

- See more at: U6 Unemployment Rate Portal Seven

dear, if a govt leech goes out to dinner that means a taxpayer didn't! Do you understand? Ultra slow?

I'm going to have to call bullshit on that ridiculous notion.
Government employees do pay federal income taxes...but they use money from previous tax revenue (their salary) to come up with it. In other words, taxpayers pay their taxes for them.

dear, if a govt leech goes out to dinner that means a taxpayer didn't! Do you understand? Ultra slow?

I'm going to have to call bullshit on that ridiculous notion.
Government employees do pay federal income taxes...but they use money from previous tax revenue (their salary) to come up with it. In other words, taxpayers pay their taxes for them.

yes when a govt liberal worker goes out to dinner and spends $100 that means a taxpayer has $100 less to spend so there is no net stimulative benefit to the economy.

Do you understand now?

Last edited:
I believe that the truth behind this abysmal economy is being hidden by some pretty shady number crunching.

The only real jobs-gainers are the oil and gas industries. Yet, Obama and fellow Liberals are out to crush them. Anti-fracking nutjobs have got the state of Illinois by the balls and will be damned if a single well is ever drilled. It's a similar scenario in other oil/gas states with protests and lies and misinformation.

To top it off, Obama's proposed budget (remember those?) contains over $40 billion in new taxes on O&G.

A lot of really fucked up shit started going down in this country beginning in 2008. It's a goddamn nightmare.

Added more jobs this year than the ENTIRE Bush administration

I can see why conservatives celebrate a weak month

I was not laid off ONCE during Bush Administration

Laid off 4 times during the Obama Administration

Forum List

Back