American Jewish professor probed after comparing Israel to Nazis

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
A Jewish professor from California who is under review for disseminating material that equates Israelis to Nazis has petitioned other scholars to protest a probe of his actions, an Israel advocacy group has told Haaretz.

The University of California, Santa Barbara, is investigating allegations of improper conduct and anti-Semitism against Sociology professor William I. Robinson for sending an e-mail to 80 of his students in January that contained photos of Jews killed by the Nazis and similar photos of Palestinians killed in the recent Israeli offensive in Gaza.

The founder of the group whose members filed the complaint against Robinson, the U.S.-based Israel advocacy student group StandWithUs, told Haaretz that the e-mail used the terms "concentration camp" and "genocide" when referring to Gaza.

"The bylaws of the school forbid using classrooms for as platforms for dogmas that have nothing whatsoever to do with the material being studied," StandWithUs founder Roz Rothstein from Los Angeles said while on a visit to Israel.

The complaint against Robinson was filed by two students. Lia Yaiger, one of the pair, is a graduate of StandWithUs' Emerson Fellowship program, which trains students in campuses in "response techniques" to anti-Israel efforts on campus.

In Robinson's petition - which Rothstein says has been sent out to "radical left-wing" professors - he argues that he was within his rights of academic freedom to challenge students with controversial topics, and that the process that the university has initiated is an attempt to silence him and infringes on his right to free speech.

The same email that Robinson sent already roused controversy in January, after a Norwegian diplomat serving in Saudi Arabia used her official mail from the foreign ministry to spread it to recipients.

The letter contains gory images of slain children said to have been killed in the Israeli attack on Hamas in Gaza, juxtaposed with photos of Holocaust victims in seemingly correlating situations.

One photo showed the charred remains of casualties from Gaza next to burned bodies from a Nazi death camp. Others showed Arab children behind fences next to Jewish children in ghettos, and Israeli troops next to Nazi Wehrmacht soldiers.

American Jewish professor probed after comparing Israel to Nazis - Haaretz - Israel News

The douche bags don't teach history they distort facts for their own perspective. Try being an prolifer in a biology class, you will get a F no matter how smart you are. Teacher need to take politics out of the classroom and for god sake just teach our kids!

Most like the Grand Wizard of Liberalism poisoning our children Ward Churchill hides behind tender and teaches falsehoods to our children!

Sunni, if you brought your antigayness to a college professor, no matter how well you did on his test or understood the material (which wouldn't happen because your about as intelligent as a box of rocks :eusa_angel:) he would still fail you! You can go to the school, but they support the professor's liberal agenda so you will lose!

the predictable jewish reaction is exactly why profs get tenure.

the predictable jewish reaction is exactly why profs get tenure.

Hey douche bag I would say this about any professor. There are conservative professor with tenure (yep they are dying breed) who would fail an open pro-choicer, they hide behind tenure also. Yet they need to go also. But the fact remains the problem lies with the liberal professor!

For the record this doesn't mean that professor can't have out of class perspectives. Case in point I had an Arab (Christian) professor for my philosophy class. They guy was great and never brought politics or religion into the class. The guy gave me an A. I didn't find out later that he was a huge organizer of anti-Israel rallies. My name is not Shlmo as you like to call me, but I have an identifiable Jewish name. My professor stayed neutral in the classroom and was very accommodating during office hours! Hell you know as well as anyone his fews conflict with mine, but he kept it out of the classroom and taught the subject without trying to recruit people to his cause! I would prefer and recommend him to anyone!

The Zionist Jews are like a pack of jackels.

Even if a fellow jew like this professor deviates 1% away from the official Zionist story.

They will turn on him and try to destroy his academic standing and credibility.

thats great, hook.. It's too bad you have foreskin blinding your eyes and ears when it came to WHY he organized against israel. So, how far into the semester was it before you reported him to the mossad?

The complaint against Robinson was filed by two students. Lia Yaiger, one of the pair, is a graduate of StandWithUs' Emerson Fellowship program, which trains students in campuses in "response techniques" to anti-Israel efforts on campus.
The Zionists Jews are soo afraid of the truth comming out.

They have campus "thought police" trained to monitor any professor's speech.

To make sure that it conforms to the official Zionist version of history and politics.

thats great, hook.. It's too bad you have foreskin blinding your eyes and ears when it came to WHY he organized against israel. So, how far into the semester was it before you reported him to the mossad?

You can see it that way, but I don't. I even met up with him after the class, because when it come to Decart the man was a genius! I didn't agree with his politics, but he was a good man, a great professor and above all a FAIR professor!

I would have to agree with him.

The pictures in the link below should give people an idea of what he is talking about.

WARNING! Link contains some graphic pictures towards the bottom of the page.
....normanfinkelstein.com/deutschland-uber-alles/

Forum List

Back