American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

^^^^ Eddie Cantor was so good!! :thup: thank you drifter!

Eddie Cantor- Makin' Whoopee

Anson Weeks & Hotel Mark Hopkins Orch. - Let's fly away

Radio bdcst Dec. 1932.

Bud Powell - I Can't Get Started

Recorded in Paris 1963.... doesn't get better than that .....my God....Paris 1963 wow!!!!!!:thup:

not for the masses.....just for those few who can feel and understand......

But Definitely --Alice Faye & Shirley Temple

From the 1936 movie "Poor Little Rich Girl".

Alma Gluck - Old Black Joe

Gluck retired to New Hartford, Connecticut, to raise her family in 1925. Although by background an assimilated and nonpracticing Jew who continued to consider herself ethnically Jewish, she found herself attracted, along with her husband Efrem a famous violinist, to Anglican Christianity, and they regularly attended the Episcopal Church in New Hartford. Efrem Zimbalist Jr. and Maria were both christened there, and the couple placed Efrem in an Episcopal boarding school in New Hampshire. Efrem Jr. later became active in evangelical circles and was one of the founders of Trinity Broadcasting Network. Gluck recorded several Christian hymns in duet with Louise Homer, among them "Rock of Ages", "Whispering Hope", "One Sweetly Solemn Thought", and "Jesus, Lover of My Soul".

And don't forget that the movies had a great influence on what would become a hit! Here is a rare clip from a 1929 film that was in an even rarer 2 part color technique. The song would again become a hit in the 1960's sung by Tiny Tim! I like the original the best!!!!

Forum List

Back