American and European dance bands and vocalists from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s.....

GOD how I love the sound of the late 50s early 60s and Bobby Darin was up there with the best ...he was number One.

Bobby Darin - You Never Called

Ok....I love this...the best harmonies and arrangements for this song..for my ear....just the best:2up:

(but what you savages know anything about it:confused: you know nothing!)

Love Is Good For Anything That Ails You - Eddie Carroll & The Casani Club Orchestra- 1937-

Al Bowlly - Love Is The Sweetest Thing

"Love Is the Sweetest Thing" is a popular song written in 1932 by British band leader and singer Ray Noble. Sung by Al Bowlly it was a big hit on both sides of the Atlantic in 1933 bringing Noble his first American success.

one more time shall we? :dance:

I Like Myself (It's Always Fair Weather ) 1955 - Gene Kelly

jumping a few years to the 1960s

The Vogues - You Are My Special Angel

like anybody here will be interested in 1930s ....

apart from a few wonderful ones that I appreciate very much :2up:

so for those very few ....wishing you a very Happy 2018 with all the best...... and posting another tune from the 30s

1931, I Got the Ritz from the One I Love

from the movie "Cotton Club" (1984)

Love

The Cotton Club / Ill Wind / Lonette McKee

The first time Fred and Ginger appeared in a film together

Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers - Flying Down to Rio (1933, Title song with wing dance)

"Lying in the hay" (Couchés dans le foin).... Al Bowlly with Lew Stone & Nat Gonella (1932)

the great Fletcher Henderson :clap:among my top Dance Orchestras of the era!

Until Today - Fletcher Henderson 1936

Last edited:
Another favorite of mine of Fletcher Henderson and His Orchestra ....no wonder he was among America's top Dance Bands of the 30s :thup:

Fletcher Henderson - Yeah Man - New York, 1933

Still with the amazing Orchestra of Fletcher Henderson~ in my humble opinion, it doesn't get better than this.

Fletcher Henderson - Blues In My Heart - N.Y.C. 1931

Forum List

Back