America VS the EU -economics, politics

N

NewGuy

Thought people might like this since it comes from the source. You guys ought to track the movements. They are the only opponent we really have and they are growing. They say that English is the international business language. Here is a slight modification of that:

http://www.eubusiness.com/afp/040407022208.1w9sqpml
English on top floor of EU Tower of Babel?

07 April 2004

The EU's imminent enlargement will turn the bloc into a veritable Tower of Babel, expanding even further the army of translators needed to keep Europe working smoothly in no fewer than 20 different languages.

But as exotic tongues ranging from Slovak and Maltese to Lithuanian and Hungarian arrive in the bloc, many believe the biggest beneficiaries will be the major ones like French and German -- and above all English.

From May 1 -- when 10 mostly ex-communist countries join the 15-member bloc -- the number of possible combinations of languages in interaction within the EU will rise to nearly 400.

But the feeling is that, with so many different tongues, everyday conversations will increasingly require a lingua franca, a language that lots of people can speak already -- such as English.

Originally posted by Said1
Genesis 11:1-9: The Tower of Babel. Is this what you meant? If yes, I get it now, if not....ooops.

Actually, yes. The tower of Babel is also on a painting hung in some offices of the EU. They have made remarks about rebuilding it and have an interesting picture of a woman riding the beast that was slated for their currency. Not being native, I don't know if it is really in use or not. At any rate, too many coincidences to NOT take the EU seriously.

My main point, however, was that these guys are growing and they don't like us.

That alone ought to be cause for concern.

The first quote I made reminds me of the French language Bill 101 in Quebec. The provincial government's attitude is the same, except they say take it to the UN. A Quebec Angalaphone actually did, won, and still nothing has been done by the federal government to amend certain parts of it.

As far as the EU is concerned, I wish more people would research them, and their agenda. It's scarry really. At first, I thought the EU was a good idea, then as I read more, I changed my mind radically. Do you think this might have a little something to do with Britain's involvement in Iraq?

As far as the EU is concerned, I wish more people would research them, and their agenda. It's scarry really. At first, I thought the EU was a good idea, then as I read more, I changed my mind radically. Do you think this might have a little something to do with Britain's involvement in Iraq?

Blair is going to hand over a huge chunk of his power over to the EU as claimed by Blair himself. It is a bid for re-election. The only real nation to APPEAR in alliance with us is Brittain. All the rest except Israel hate us or have more alliance with the EU than they do with us. Brittain is part of the EU.

Like they say about being on bothsides of the fence: It is a painful place to be.

Who do you think they have more future with? Who do you think they have geographical aliances with? Who are they turning over power to? Why?

They were handed THEIR 40 pieces of silver for "peace and security" to be a team player. They are just trying to bring the hammer down slow.

Brittain is accepted by the US populace to go into Iraq. They can do the whole EU agenda without American citizens batting an eyelash. If our own government officials want to aid in the EU getting ahead, why all the deception?

The American populace: The last freedom fighting frontier. This is the only group they fear. -And through brainwashing, taking away weapons, siezing land, and letting us assume Brittain to be an ally, we fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Blair is going to hand over a huge chunk of his power over to the EU as claimed by Blair himself. It is a bid for re-election. The only real nation to APPEAR in alliance with us is Brittain. All the rest except Israel hate us or have more alliance with the EU than they do with us. Brittain is part of the EU.

Like they say about being on bothsides of the fence: It is a painful place to be.

Who do you think they have more future with? Who do you think they have geographical aliances with? Who are they turning over power to? Why?

They were handed THEIR 40 pieces of silver for "peace and security" to be a team player. They are just trying to bring the hammer down slow.

Brittain is accepted by the US populace to go into Iraq. They can do the whole EU agenda without American citizens batting an eyelash. If our own government officials want to aid in the EU getting ahead, why all the deception?

The American populace: The last freedom fighting frontier. This is the only group they fear. -And through brainwashing, taking away weapons, siezing land, and letting us assume Brittain to be an ally, we fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

I knew Britain was a member of the EU, but I was unaware of Blair's comments - wow. Of course Britain would be better off, and the hardline stance Blair took was quite surprising to me - I guess I fell for it too :eek: It's difficult to sort out all the details, and it's hard to know where to begin, but I think a lot of answers lay within the EU.

So enlighten me (without laughing), where can I expect our government to go with all this?

I knew Britain was a member of the EU, but I was unaware of Blair's comments - wow. Of course Britain would be better off, and the hardline stance Blair took was quite surprising to me - I guess I fell for it too :eek: It's difficult to sort out all the details, and it's hard to know where to begin, but I think a lot of answers lay within the EU.

So enlighten me (without laughing), where can I expect our government to go with all this?

And that is the $64,000 question. I think Iraq will ultimately prove a disaster so the EU can send a Roman representative in to make peace as the only one who could. When he enables a 7 year treaty across the ENTIRE mideast including with Israel and Palistinians, there will be 3 1/2 years before he breaks it and claims himself God.

As far as the US, I think when we are viewed as having failed in Iraq, we will go wimpering into the night submitting to the "supremacy" of the EU and letting our politicians sell us out, give in to their authority, verichip economic rule, and our Constitution disappears as something once great, but obsolete for the times all in the name of "peace and safety".

The only other way this can play out is if they occupy the area and run Iraq for a little while BEFORE a 7 year peace plan. Either way, all else stays equal.

Forum List

Back