America is not the greatest country...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.
What went wrong? In sum, Jindal made Louisiana the test site for an experiment in socially conservative, pro-corporate governance that wound up wrecking the state so badly it can’t be ignored. After inheriting a $1 billion budget surplus, Jindal has taken Louisiana to a $1.6 billion deficit. The state is broke enough that conservative legislators are rebelling against his slavish adherence to the anti-tax pledge he made to Grover Norquist.

I didn't "imply" anything, liar. I said what I meant. I referenced specific countries and specific communist dictators.
Yes, and you more then likely believe every single death was caused by stalin/mao, despite the fact that the USSR/china have had periodic famines for centuries before mao/stalin.

If you are going to reference history, you should study a little.

Mao s Great Leap Forward killed 45 million in four years - News - Books - The Independent
No one agrees with the great leap forward, however..
List of famines in China - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Those change what about mao's idiotic policies? What's that? Nothing? Correct. You are an illogical dope.
I never claimed to support mao's policies...

Yet you illogically try to play the apologist for him anyway...

Yes, and you more then likely believe every single death was caused by stalin/mao, despite the fact that the USSR/china have had periodic famines for centuries before mao/stalin.

Mao s Great Leap Forward killed 45 million in four years - News - Books - The Independent

Those change what about mao's idiotic policies? What's that? Nothing? Correct. You are an illogical dope.

There is a difference between being apologetic and analyzing history.

You're playing the apologist because you suck at analyzing history?

If you want to keep saying that, go ahead, I'd rather not continue feeding you.

If you want to keep saying that, go ahead,....

You sure seem to want to keep proving it.

This is going no where, I'm done, you can keep talking to yourself though.

This is going no where, I'm done....

You were done as soon as you decided to start this fucking troll thread. Not working out the way you wanted, huh pengyou?

You were done as soon as you decided to start this fucking troll thread. Not working out the way you wanted, huh pengyou?
How is it a troll thread? Facts are facts. Healthcare? Nope. Education? Nope. Maternity? Nope. Wages? Nope. Labor unions? Nope. Child poverty? Yes. Corporate profits: Yes Shrinking middle class? Yes.

But you tried it anyway.
You did the same ...

No, I did not.
Yes, you did, especially when you implied every single death under mao/stalin were directly caused by mao/stalin.

I didn't "imply" anything, liar. I said what I meant. I referenced specific countries and specific communist dictators.

But Stalin deliberately caused famine. He took food from people who needed to eat to feed others who were more in his favor. Many of those who produced food died of starvation.

Mao's policies were all over the place. I wouldn't call Mao a Communist, he was a Maoist, it was all about him. He could make a new policy, have those of the old policy be killed, then change back to the old policy a year later and those responsible for the new policy killed too.
He created many problems by being a complete idiot.

You did the same ...

No, I did not.
Yes, you did, especially when you implied every single death under mao/stalin were directly caused by mao/stalin.

But Stalin deliberately caused famine. He took food from people who needed to eat to feed others who were more in his favor. Many of those who produced food died of starvation.

Mao's policies were all over the place. I wouldn't call Mao a Communist, he was a Maoist, it was all about him. He could make a new policy, have those of the old policy be killed, then change back to the old policy a year later and those responsible for the new policy killed too.
I know stalin killed people, but not every single death under stalin was caused by stalin, that was the point. Fuck stalin and mao though.

I never claimed to support mao's policies, but you have to realize china has a history of famine, and the famine under mao has many deaths linked to the weather, again, I'm calling for honesty.

You notice a difference between all the famines and the last one?

Famines were localised, this in the context of China could be a large area, however they had never had a Chinawide famine until 1958-1962.

30 million people died. The Chinese hate the Japanese because they killed a lot of Chinese people in the WW2 era, but Mao killed 30 million people. The Chinese got say 15 million, some others say 45 million.

Mao changed farming practices to prevent farm ownership. The might have been an issue with food production at this time due to weather, and yes, "many" (how much is many?) people might have died. But so many died because of the policies implemented by Mao.

We also know that the lack of private production in North Korea led to famine and the current famine is much less worse than previous ones because Fatboy has decided to allow a certain amount of private food growth with the peasants are allowed to keep. Hence they produce more.

I'll quote Yang Jisheng: "In Xinyang, people starved at the doors of the grain warehouses. As they died, they shouted, "Communist Party, Chairman Mao, save us". If the granaries of Henanand Hebei had been opened, no one need have died. As people were dying in large numbers around them, officials did not think to save them. Their only concern was how to fulfill the delivery of grain"

No, I did not.

I know stalin killed people, but not every single death under stalin was caused by stalin, that was the point. Fuck stalin and mao though.

Is anyone claiming every death was due to Stalin and Mao? I doubt it.

I never claimed to support mao's policies, but you have to realize china has a history of famine, and the famine under mao has many deaths linked to the weather, again, I'm calling for honesty.

Famines were localised, this in the context of China could be a large area, however they had never had a Chinawide famine until 1958-1962.

30 million people died. The Chinese hate the Japanese because they killed a lot of Chinese people in the WW2 era, but Mao killed 30 million people. The Chinese got say 15 million, some others say 45 million.

Mao changed farming practices to prevent farm ownership. The might have been an issue with food production at this time due to weather, and yes, "many" (how much is many?) people might have died. But so many died because of the policies implemented by Mao.

We also know that the lack of private production in North Korea led to famine and the current famine is much less worse than previous ones because Fatboy has decided to allow a certain amount of private food growth with the peasants are allowed to keep. Hence they produce more.

I'll quote Yang Jisheng: "In Xinyang, people starved at the doors of the grain warehouses. As they died, they shouted, "Communist Party, Chairman Mao, save us". If the granaries of Henanand Hebei had been opened, no one need have died. As people were dying in large numbers around them, officials did not think to save them. Their only concern was how to fulfill the delivery of grain"
No shit, state ownership is never a good thing, especially in totalitarian states, however, people tend to act like Mao strangled 30 million people with his bare hands.

Trust me.. you'd be surprised.

Trust me.. you'd be surprised.

Trust you? Why?

No shit, state ownership is never a good thing, especially in totalitarian states, however, people tend to act like Mao strangled 30 million people with his bare hands.

So if Mao, Stalin, Bush W, Hitler, Idi Amin etc etc all sent other people to kill people, then the blood's not on their hands?

I disagree.

How is it a troll thread? ....

You know why you started the thread, troll.

I always hear people praising America for being "the best country in the world" and lots of other bullshit, time to look at some facts:

Healthcare:
The United states is, essentially, the only industrialized country without universal healthcare..
The US "spends" about this much on healthcare per citizen, with laughable results (It's approaching 10k now..)
US_spends_much_more_on_health_than_what_might_be_expected_1_slideshow.jpg

Millions lack insurance, drugs are expensive as hell, people's lives are ruined if they get cancer, and don't have fancy for profit insurance.
The united states lacks in many areas regarding healthcare:

TCFchart.png

Let's look at life expectancy:
We rank 34: Global Health Observatory Data Repository
(Cuba is above us) yet, we still spend a MASSIVE amount on healthcare per citizen, with laughable results, as said above.
US_health_spending_is_much_greater_for_all_categories_of_care_slideshow.jpg

Education:
The united states education system is underfunded, teachers are underpaid, and a host of other problems are present... especially when it comes to the rising cost of higher education and the lack of access to cheap, affordable higher education. The united states government needs to directly support higher education like many other countries, not simply hand out loans and grants... Obama's community college idea is a great start.
College tuition in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
pisa-2012-results-overview%20graph%201_larger.jpg

We are, by no measure, #1 at education results, but we are #1 in student debt..

Military:
If there's one thing the united states is #1 at, it's the military. I fail to see how this an achievement when millions lack healthcare, when the infrastructure is falling apart, when child poverty is on the rise, when veterans are homeless by the thousands, but yeah, let's look at the reality:
This is all that needs to be said.. if a nation wants to focus more on funding new weapon research projects and imperialist ventures then giving healthcare to its own citizens, there is a problem.
4A8078449E794DFB8CC33ADD00A6F1AF.gif

Corporate profits:
It's no surprise that corporate profits are at an all time high in the united states, and they are rising, I fail to see how this is a good thing when wages are stagnant, with a shrinking middle class, with millions being thrown into poverty.. Then again, the corporations love the government and the government loves the corporations..
Corporate Profits After Tax without IVA and CCAdj - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Wages:

Wages in the united states have been stagnant for decades, and compared to the rising cost of living and productivity, are not rising like they should..
min_wage_by_country.jpg

Now, we come to a horrifying fact to relate to this.. affording a two bedroom rental unit..
housing-map1.jpg

middle_class.gif

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-08%20at%2011.36.19%20AM.png
Overworked America 12 Charts That Will Make Your Blood Boil Mother Jones - Must see.

Homelessness:
Global Homelessness Statistics - Homeless World Cup
National Coalition for Homeless Veterans

Time to piss some people off:
"Well, there is one more way in which Cuba differs from most other poor countries in the world—the tiny island nation has virtually no homeless people. There are many reasons for that accomplishment. First, although housing is not free in Cuba, the government does take steps to keep the cost of housing low. That leads to a high rate of homeownership—around 85%. By way of comparison, the Census Bureau says the rate of homeownership in the United States was 66.9% in 2010."

Paid vacation:
Surprise! America is one of a few countries that does not guarantee paid vacation to workers...
vacation.jpg

"Nearly a quarter of the American private-sector workforce, some 26 million workers, doesn’t get paid time off, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics — compared with less than one-fifth in the 1990s.The United States is the only advanced economy that doesn’t guarantee paid vacation and one of only 13 countries in the world not to do so, according to the World Policy Analysis Center at the University of California Los Angeles."
"In this regard, the United States falls in line with India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, and a handful of island nations that don’t require employers to offer workers paid time off. France, on the other hand, mandates 30 paid vacation days a year for all workers; Scandinavian countries offer 25. US citizens in Puerto Rico get three weeks off a year.

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, and Sweden even require employers to pay vacationing workers extra to help with expenses."

Maternity leave:
Many on the right wing consistently talk about "family values" I'd call letting a mother spend time with her child for long periods of time while not having to worry about not getting her wages a family value, not trying to restrict gay marriage or end abortion...
Maternity-leave-chart-final.png

Prison/income inequality/well being/etc..
us-comparison-other-countries.gif

I have so much more to add, but I think this is enough.. Time to realize america needs to become more "progressive" :coffee::dance:

Wow these people must be really uninformed!!!

Gallup released some new data this week on migration, for which they asked people from 154 countries if they would like to migrate, and if so where to. The United States was by far the most popular destination; Gallup estimates that 138 million people would like to relocate there. The United Kingdom was the second-most popular, with 42 million potential migrants, followed by Canada, France and Saudi Arabia.
A revealing map of who wants to move to the U.S. - The Washington Post
Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 7.16.10 AM.png

I always hear people praising America for being "the best country in the world" and lots of other bullshit, time to look at some facts:

Healthcare:
The United states is, essentially, the only industrialized country without universal healthcare..
The US "spends" about this much on healthcare per citizen, with laughable results (It's approaching 10k now..)
US_spends_much_more_on_health_than_what_might_be_expected_1_slideshow.jpg

Millions lack insurance, drugs are expensive as hell, people's lives are ruined if they get cancer, and don't have fancy for profit insurance.
The united states lacks in many areas regarding healthcare:

TCFchart.png

Let's look at life expectancy:
We rank 34: Global Health Observatory Data Repository
(Cuba is above us) yet, we still spend a MASSIVE amount on healthcare per citizen, with laughable results, as said above.
US_health_spending_is_much_greater_for_all_categories_of_care_slideshow.jpg

Education:
The united states education system is underfunded, teachers are underpaid, and a host of other problems are present... especially when it comes to the rising cost of higher education and the lack of access to cheap, affordable higher education. The united states government needs to directly support higher education like many other countries, not simply hand out loans and grants... Obama's community college idea is a great start.
College tuition in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
pisa-2012-results-overview%20graph%201_larger.jpg

We are, by no measure, #1 at education results, but we are #1 in student debt..

Military:
If there's one thing the united states is #1 at, it's the military. I fail to see how this an achievement when millions lack healthcare, when the infrastructure is falling apart, when child poverty is on the rise, when veterans are homeless by the thousands, but yeah, let's look at the reality:
This is all that needs to be said.. if a nation wants to focus more on funding new weapon research projects and imperialist ventures then giving healthcare to its own citizens, there is a problem.
4A8078449E794DFB8CC33ADD00A6F1AF.gif

Corporate profits:
It's no surprise that corporate profits are at an all time high in the united states, and they are rising, I fail to see how this is a good thing when wages are stagnant, with a shrinking middle class, with millions being thrown into poverty.. Then again, the corporations love the government and the government loves the corporations..
Corporate Profits After Tax without IVA and CCAdj - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Wages:

Wages in the united states have been stagnant for decades, and compared to the rising cost of living and productivity, are not rising like they should..
min_wage_by_country.jpg

Now, we come to a horrifying fact to relate to this.. affording a two bedroom rental unit..
housing-map1.jpg

middle_class.gif

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-08%20at%2011.36.19%20AM.png
Overworked America 12 Charts That Will Make Your Blood Boil Mother Jones - Must see.

Homelessness:
Global Homelessness Statistics - Homeless World Cup
National Coalition for Homeless Veterans

Time to piss some people off:
"Well, there is one more way in which Cuba differs from most other poor countries in the world—the tiny island nation has virtually no homeless people. There are many reasons for that accomplishment. First, although housing is not free in Cuba, the government does take steps to keep the cost of housing low. That leads to a high rate of homeownership—around 85%. By way of comparison, the Census Bureau says the rate of homeownership in the United States was 66.9% in 2010."

Paid vacation:
Surprise! America is one of a few countries that does not guarantee paid vacation to workers...
vacation.jpg

"Nearly a quarter of the American private-sector workforce, some 26 million workers, doesn’t get paid time off, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics — compared with less than one-fifth in the 1990s.The United States is the only advanced economy that doesn’t guarantee paid vacation and one of only 13 countries in the world not to do so, according to the World Policy Analysis Center at the University of California Los Angeles."
"In this regard, the United States falls in line with India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, and a handful of island nations that don’t require employers to offer workers paid time off. France, on the other hand, mandates 30 paid vacation days a year for all workers; Scandinavian countries offer 25. US citizens in Puerto Rico get three weeks off a year.

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, and Sweden even require employers to pay vacationing workers extra to help with expenses."

Maternity leave:
Many on the right wing consistently talk about "family values" I'd call letting a mother spend time with her child for long periods of time while not having to worry about not getting her wages a family value, not trying to restrict gay marriage or end abortion...
Maternity-leave-chart-final.png

Prison/income inequality/well being/etc..
us-comparison-other-countries.gif

I have so much more to add, but I think this is enough.. Time to realize america needs to become more "progressive" :coffee::dance:

What country do you reside in?

Forum List

Back