'America First' Is An Offense To Liberals

joseph-conrad.png

I listened to Trump's speech.....and I got an impression from it that is totally adverse to what the left is saying about it. Imagine a mindset that cannot grasp the thought that a president would think of the country of his birth before all others. This is the darkness that most elitist liberals saw in that speech. That a president of the United States would dare to think that taking care of our needs over the needs of the world should come first. That is why he was elected. A president that wasn't trying to bring America down to the level of every other country. A president that wasn't intentionally trying to weaken his own nation making it easier for other nations to compete with us. No other country thinks that way and survives.

The left hates America. They say they love America, but the don't. That is why Bernie Sanders says America is the least compassionate nation in the world. Imagine having a president that makes no bones about this. Perhaps this is why the left supported him. He is anti-American to the core. Liberals lean towards putting America last. It's easy for them to justify themselves because deep down they resent America. They've been taught to most of their lives. They feel that thinking first of your own country is evil. I keep thinking that the best place for folks that think this way is anywhere but here. I believe that this country has flaws but it has turned out to be one of the few shining examples of freedom and opportunity on the planet. Liberals see nothing but racism, bigotry, and oppression. I really cannot grasp this perspective. To me, anyone who feels this way is a threat to their own country. Because of this, they must not be allowed to dictate policy because they are in essence a greater threat than any enemy outside our shores. It's easier to defend ourselves from a threat that is 2000 miles away than it is to defend against someone who's inside your defensive perimeter.

How ironic that the presidential oath doesn't say defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. Every other federal oath says so. Why not the presidential oath?

Links

‘It Was Militant and It Was Dark’: Rachel Maddow Says Trump’s Speech Was ‘Hard to Hear’

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/presidential-oath-of-office.html

Article Two of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

8 Most Unhinged Inaugural Media Meltdowns
What liberals argue is that Trump puts Russia, not America, first. Stop making stuff up.

It is an offense to anyone that knows the history of "America First"

It was used by isolationists who argued against American involvement in WWII, against helping Europe to rebuild.

It certainly is not Anti-American to say that we ought to accept some burden that comes with helping others in this world and to do so under a set of internationally accepted laws.
The problem with that is we've had leadership that actually has been helping those who hate us and they've spit on us in return for our generosity.

You mean like Trump has been helping Putin?

Whatever your quibbles about PARTICULAR policy, the GENERAL idea remains true - sometimes we should help others at some expense on our side. There is a world out there and we have at least some moral responsibility to it.

Not waging a Cold War does not equal helping.

Chris Matthews called it "Hitlerian".

I hope the Left gets past this madness soon and starts thinking.
Hitler inspired people by saying he wanted to make Germany great again. Thing is, he was a PROGRESSIVE saying those things which is why it turned into a blood bath.

Lefties.are.so simple minded. They think that because Hitler was intelligent in his pandering, that anybody who echoes the same sentiments (which were and are noble sentiments) have the same plans to execute them.

One hopes Trump doesn't. There's nothing in his history that leads me to think he's an unhinged, murderous lunatic. Hitler had already done hard time and been involved in an assassination plot before progressives embraced him and brought him to power.

It is an offense to anyone that knows the history of "America First"

It was used by isolationists who argued against American involvement in WWII, against helping Europe to rebuild.

It certainly is not Anti-American to say that we ought to accept some burden that comes with helping others in this world and to do so under a set of internationally accepted laws.

But the most sad part is that Trump is either ignorant of it or doesn't care about it - he just liked the way it sounds on the surface and went with it. That is the superficial surface on which he glides through politics and perhaps even life.
...or you just make a lot of stupid assumptions and dig one insult after the other out of your ample ass to support them. Lefties suddenly like the US involved all over the world? Fiscal conservatives oppose it, we are 20 trillion in debt and suffering countless lost jobs. The leftist way isn't working and can't. Every experiment ends the same, bloated ineffective governments that oppose borders while the few grow rich and powerful with globalism.

They are not happy and send propaganda down the pipelines. And fools like you just gobble it up.

joseph-conrad.png

I listened to Trump's speech.....and I got an impression from it that is totally adverse to what the left is saying about it. Imagine a mindset that cannot grasp the thought that a president would think of the country of his birth before all others. This is the darkness that most elitist liberals saw in that speech. That a president of the United States would dare to think that taking care of our needs over the needs of the world should come first. That is why he was elected. A president that wasn't trying to bring America down to the level of every other country. A president that wasn't intentionally trying to weaken his own nation making it easier for other nations to compete with us. No other country thinks that way and survives.

The left hates America. They say they love America, but the don't. That is why Bernie Sanders says America is the least compassionate nation in the world. Imagine having a president that makes no bones about this. Perhaps this is why the left supported him. He is anti-American to the core. Liberals lean towards putting America last. It's easy for them to justify themselves because deep down they resent America. They've been taught to most of their lives. They feel that thinking first of your own country is evil. I keep thinking that the best place for folks that think this way is anywhere but here. I believe that this country has flaws but it has turned out to be one of the few shining examples of freedom and opportunity on the planet. Liberals see nothing but racism, bigotry, and oppression. I really cannot grasp this perspective. To me, anyone who feels this way is a threat to their own country. Because of this, they must not be allowed to dictate policy because they are in essence a greater threat than any enemy outside our shores. It's easier to defend ourselves from a threat that is 2000 miles away than it is to defend against someone who's inside your defensive perimeter.

How ironic that the presidential oath doesn't say defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic. Every other federal oath says so. Why not the presidential oath?

Links

‘It Was Militant and It Was Dark’: Rachel Maddow Says Trump’s Speech Was ‘Hard to Hear’

Trump very much relies on the ignorance of history of his acolytes......

How 'America First' Got Its Nationalistic Edge
When New York media tycoon William Randolph Hearst wanted an American “motto” that would sum up his admiration for Hitler’s governing style, he went with what is now Donald Trump’s foreign-policy slogan.

How 'America First' Got Its Nationalistic Edge

When America is stronger and more prosperous, the entire free world benefits.

I don't understand how this notion escapes those who are "offended" by this fact.
That's the effect of American exceptionalism on you. For example, America was stronger and more prosperous in 2003 than it was in 1983 yet the 'entire free world' did not benefit from the crime against peace committed by the US in 2003. Rather, the opposite.

Anyway, at least it's very reasonable of The Donald to give fair warning to present and future friends and allies of the US.

When America is stronger and more prosperous, the entire free world benefits.

I don't understand how this notion escapes those who are "offended" by this fact.
That's the effect of American exceptionalism on you. For example, America was stronger and more prosperous in 2003 than it was in 1983 yet the 'entire free world' did not benefit from the crime against peace committed by the US in 2003. Rather, the opposite.
Amen

joseph-conrad.png

Links

Your own country must be quite a mess, foreigner.

Forum List

Back