'America First' Is An Offense To Liberals

It is an offense to anyone that knows the history of "America First"

It was used by isolationists who argued against American involvement in WWII, against helping Europe to rebuild.

It certainly is not Anti-American to say that we ought to accept some burden that comes with helping others in this world and to do so under a set of internationally accepted laws.
The problem with that is we've had leadership that actually has been helping those who hate us and they've spit on us in return for our generosity.

You mean like Trump has been helping Putin?

Whatever your quibbles about PARTICULAR policy, the GENERAL idea remains true - sometimes we should help others at some expense on our side. There is a world out there and we have at least some moral responsibility to it.
How has Trump helped Putin?
By squealing on the Russian businessmen who he did business with. Really he'd like to do more, but he hasn't consolidated his power, which is why Putin helped him get elected.
Which Russian businessmen did he do business with? What did he "squeal" about?

It is an offense to anyone that knows the history of "America First"

It was used by isolationists who argued against American involvement in WWII, against helping Europe to rebuild.

It certainly is not Anti-American to say that we ought to accept some burden that comes with helping others in this world and to do so under a set of internationally accepted laws.
The problem with that is we've had leadership that actually has been helping those who hate us and they've spit on us in return for our generosity.

Whatever your quibbles about PARTICULAR policy, the GENERAL idea remains true - sometimes we should help others at some expense on our side. There is a world out there and we have at least some moral responsibility to it.
By squealing on the Russian businessmen who he did business with. Really he'd like to do more, but he hasn't consolidated his power, which is why Putin helped him get elected.
Contact your bosses, they'll fill you in on the details.

Contact your bosses, they'll fill you in on the details.
In other words, nothing.

I put myself and my family far above my country....the way everyone else does. America first is laughable. it's a smokescreen.

It is a statement of intent that American policy will be crafted with the interests of America and American citizens as it's goals.

NOT, the interests of, say China or Estonia.

I put myself and my family far above my country....the way everyone else does. America first is laughable. it's a smokescreen.

It is a statement of intent that American policy will be crafted with the interests of America and American citizens as it's goals.

NOT, the interests of, say China or Estonia.

And that is exactly as it should be. Our government is elected to serve the American people and their interests.

Bullshit, if everyone were so self-centered there would be no America and never would have been. You are proud of your lack of honor. Sick and sad.

I wonder whether Trump knows anything about the history of that phrase...

iu

'America First' Is An Offense To Liberals

Trump and his minions don't understand that, "The first will be last, and the last shall be first". You are only cutting off your nose to spite you face.
Huh? What is that supposed to mean? How is placing America first "cutting off our nose?" Placing other countries first fits that description.

In the regressive mind, down is up and up is down. It really is that simple.

Since nothing in their ideology makes sense, this is what they have to come to. As such, it's not weird to see them making statements such as putting America first will be terrible.

Forum List

Back