America doesn't have a jobs issue, WE HAVE A WAGE ISSUE.

Keep raising the wage so that we can see small businesses collapse and companies who can afford it leave so fast the Trade Center will spin.

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!
How about some of the obama quantitative easing be givin to the poor.
You don't read much do ya.

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

You do know fuck head that New York state raised it's Minimum wage right?

You do know that, I used the NY story to highlight a national issue and you do know that states like NY and California have no choice but to raise wages when the cost of living is outrageous to began with? Oh and it needs raising again.....its 9 bucks an hour....like really?

Well no kidding it should be $20 bucks an hour in New York

When the average rent in a hell hole is around 3 grand, you tell me what 9 bucks will do?
Let's give em an insurance that encourages the employer to cut their hours back so they don't have to to insure them. Oops we already have that. Courtesy of your boy

A Call to Action

So you assume those people are in homeless shelters not because they are drug addicts, mentally ill or just losers in general but because they don't get paid enough?

Providing for the general welfare gives the feds the power to tax

Right, but read it again. I says "provide FOR the general welfare", meaning to maintain circumstances conducive to the general welfare of the nation.

It does not say "PROVIDE general welfare" to individuals, and the Founders never considered such a thing outside of charity.

Last edited:
Outside influences cannot motivate. They can only inspire. Motivation is something you find within. You will pay for people that do not have adequate housing, food etc one way or another.

Why? Because they lack unmotivated?

Just curious. Why do Progressives, so very fond of evolution, simply refuse to permit it to work?

Right, but read it again. I says "provide FOR the general welfare", meaning to maintain circumstances conducive to the general welfare of the nation.

It does not say "PROVIDE general welfare", and the Founders never considered such a thing outside of charity.
Only because they were broke and in the hole after the war for Independence..

It does not say "PROVIDE general welfare", and the Founders never considered such a thing outside of charity.

Documentation please.

Documentation please.
They weren't too broke, since George loaned France 10k to help with the slave rebellion in Haiti...

Last edited:

It does not say "PROVIDE general welfare" to individuals, and the Founders never considered such a thing outside of charity.
I dont need to read it again. I am the one that posted it. Welfare is paid for by taxes. It is in the general welfare of this nation that we take care of those that cant or wont take care of themselves or we create a larger problem. Please link to something credible that proves the founders were against this.

Outside influences cannot motivate. They can only inspire. Motivation is something you find within. You will pay for people that do not have adequate housing, food etc one way or another.

Just curious. Why do Progressives, so very fond of evolution, simply refuse to permit it to work?
Your first sentence doesnt make sense.

Your second sentence demonstrates a lack of intellect. Evolution is working and no one can stop it.

A Call to Action

How can that be accomplished in a capitalistic economy though? People pay you what they feel you are worth. If you feel you are worth more then quit and get another job that pays more. What will then happen is the company will pay more to retain you or they will replace you with someone that will accept the wages.

I NEVER thought that this day would come, but here it is. I agree with you.

I dont need to read it again. I am the one that posted it. Welfare is paid for by taxes. It is in the general welfare of this nation that we take care of those that cant or wont take care of themselves or we create a larger problem. Please link to something credible that proves the founders were against this.

Not until you first prove your position as earlier requested.

BTW, welfare did not become a function of government in the United States until the late 19th Century. In light of your apparent hinted belief that the Founders were in favor of wealth redistribution, why is that?

Your second sentence demonstrates a lack of intellect. Evolution is working and no one can stop it.
He is referencing to Darwin's theory of letting the weak expire and the strongest to take over...

A Call to Action

Thank god that New York has raised the minimum wage, and therefore in a few short years there will be no more poverty in New York. The really good news is when the rest of the unenlightened parts of the country see what wonderful things have occurred, they too will raise their minimum wage. At that point poverty will disappear in the US. ITS SO WONDERFUL,
The state budget includes a historic increase in the minimum wage, ultimately reaching $15 an hour for all workers in all industries across the state.

• For workers in New York City employed by large businesses (those with at least 11 employees), the minimum wage would rise to $11 at the end of 2016, then another $2 each year after, reaching $15 on 12/31/2018.
  • For workers in New York City employed by small businesses (those with 10 employees or fewer), the minimum wage would rise to $10.50 by the end of 2016, then another $1.50 each year after, reaching $15 on 12/31/2019.
  • For workers in Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester Counties, the minimum wage would increase to $10 at the end of 2016, then $1 each year after, reaching $15 on 12/31/2021.
  • For workers in the rest of the state, the minimum wage would increase to $9.70 at the end of 2016, then another .70 each year after until reaching $12.50 on 12/31/2020 – after which will continue to increase to $15 on an indexed schedule to be set by the Director of the Division of Budget in consultation with the Department of Labor.

Actually Jesus Christ was the original poster for wealth redistribution, when he told a rich person to give away all his accumulated wealth to the poor to be a follower of Christ...

My first sentence was an editing error. I'm sure you got the meaning regardless.

My second sentence merely muses aloud why the Left does not allow evolution to function. Consider "survival of the fittest".

Not until you first prove your position as earlier requested.

BTW, welfare did not become a function of government in the United States until the late 19th Century. In light of your apparent hinted belief that the Founders were in favor of wealth redistribution, why is that?
Everyone already knows the general welfare clause gives the feds the power to tax.

Please provide proof the founders were against this concept.

Actually Jesus Christ was the original poster for wealth redistribution, when he told a rich person to give away all his accumulated wealth to the poor to be a follower of Christ...

Indeed. Redistribution as a matter of choice, not theft.

My first sentence was an editing error. I'm sure you got the meaning regardless.

My second sentence merely muses aloud why the Left does not allow evolution to function. Consider "survival of the fittest".
No I didnt get the meaning which is why I said it didnt make sense. If I had i would not have mentioned your error.

If survival of the fittest was allowed you wouldnt be here right now.

Forum List

Back