America doesn't have a jobs issue, WE HAVE A WAGE ISSUE.

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

A Call to Action

In New York City, over 150,000 children under five are poor. Last year, nearly 20,000 of these children slept in homeless shelters - enough to fill Madison Square Garden. From the moment they're born, children in poverty face an uphill struggle to survive, thrive and learn with so many odds stacked against them.

When will those in Washington agree? Its time raise the min. wage and its time to give hard working, decent folk wages they can live on. Wall street has had nothing but huge wind falls for the last 2 decades, including tax payer bailouts...when does the trickle down occur, Mr. GOP fuck head!!

You do know fuck head that New York state raised it's Minimum wage right?

• Banned
A Call to Action

You do know that, I used the NY story to highlight a national issue and you do know that states like NY and California have no choice but to raise wages when the cost of living is outrageous to began with? Oh and it needs raising again.....its 9 bucks an hour....like really?

A Call to Action

You do know that, I used the NY story to highlight a national issue and you do know that states like NY and California have no choice but to raise wages when the cost of living is outrageous to began with? Oh and it needs raising again.....its 9 bucks an hour....like really?
You can afford a nice box for that kind of dough...

A Call to Action

Well no kidding it should be $20 bucks an hour in New York

• Banned
A Call to Action

Visit L.A's skid row someday....nothing but white people and nigga's...keep laughing.

A Call to Action

Visit L.A's skid row someday....nothing but white people and nigga's...keep laughing.
There is a choice, just jump to it...

• Banned
A Call to Action

When the average rent in a hell hole is around 3 grand, you tell me what 9 bucks will do?

A Call to Action

When the average rent in a hell hole is around 3 grand, you tell me what 9 bucks will do?
Do like the Mexicans and double up in that box...

A Call to Action

Let me ask you a few questions. I'll keep it simple.

Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to workers the limits of pay that they may contract for their labor? Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to employers the worth of the work they offer? Finally, under what constitutional authority may the Federal government compel employers to support contracted workers beyond not only the worth of the work they offer, but beyond the worker's own efforts to better their subjective predicaments?

Since the Founders never considered such concepts when crafting the Constitution, please provide reference to article, section, and paragraph.

A Call to Action

yet you laughed at what he said.....

A Call to Action

yet you laughed at what he said.....
I lived in a pup tent under a bridge for a few weeks.....the Army camping was rougher though..

What, exactly, is keeping anyone in America from becoming a banker and reaping those Wall Street bucks? Everyone in America gets a free education, can work hard enough to get scholarships to go to college or can get student loans to pay for college. Work hard, make the right decisions, and the sky is the limit.

A Call to Action

How can that be accomplished in a capitalistic economy though? People pay you what they feel you are worth. If you feel you are worth more then quit and get another job that pays more. What will then happen is the company will pay more to retain you or they will replace you with someone that will accept the wages.

A Call to Action

Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to workers the limits of pay that they may contract for their labor? Under what constitutional authority does the Federal government dictate to employers the worth of the work they offer? Finally, under what constitutional authority may the Federal government compel employers to support contracted workers beyond not only the worth of the work they offer, but beyond the worker's own efforts to better their subjective predicaments?

Since the Founders never considered such concepts when crafting the Constitution, please provide reference to article, section, and paragraph.
Providing for the general welfare gives the feds the power to tax. I disagree the minimum should be raised. I think taxes should go up to provide more funds to people making less than what would give them adequate housing, food, etc.

A Call to Action

Providing for the general welfare gives the feds the power to tax. I disagree the minimum should be raised. I think taxes should go up to provide more funds to people making less than what would give them adequate housing, food, etc.

That would sure motivate people to do something meaningful with their lives. I don't bust my ass every day for you or anyone else. I do my job to earn money for myself. If you don't have adequate housing or food do something about it. ffs

A Call to Action

That would sure motivate people to do something meaningful with their lives. I don't bust my ass every day for you or anyone else. I do my job to earn money for myself. If you don't have adequate housing or food do something about it. ffs
Thats a typical mistake those of lower intellect make. Outside influences cannot motivate. They can only inspire. Motivation is something you find within. You will pay for people that do not have adequate housing, food etc one way or another.

Nobody is indispensable no matter how much they think they are valued. Everyone has a level of incompetence, etc.

Forum List

Back