Amendment to return power to states with veto

The American PEOPLE select our Senators

We do not want them selected in some backroom deal

The people aren't supposed to select the Senators. The Senators are supposed to represent the States. It's not a coincidence that you eliminate their check on the Federal government that the corruption and growth of the Federal Government immediately followed.

Our nation was designed to be one of checks and balances. For over 100 years one of those checks has been eliminated and we are on the brink of collapse. It was an experiment, and one that has obviously failed. So it's time we went back to the original blueprint.

You do realize that restoring the Senate to the States would seriously destroy the influences special interests groups have on our Federal Government don't you? If they arent funding our Senators campaigns, they wont have influence.

It boggles my mind how so many people just blindly assume that the Founders didn't know what they were doing when they originally created the Senate the way they did.

I assume the founders didn't know what they were doing when they preserved slavery and didn't give women the right to vote.

The Senate still represents the states you don't know what you're talking about.

The Conservative Republicans, in their attempt to seize power in this country have their eyes on destroying our beloved Constitution and rewriting it to their twisted agenda. They seek to destroy our Constitution by:

1. Eliminating separation of Church and State
2. Denying equal protection of the laws based on sexuality
3. Removing the right of the PEOPLE to elect Senators
4. Denying citizenship to those born in the US
5. Prohibiting the Government to raise revenue
6. Aboloshing the Supremacy Clause and our basic structure of Government

burning-constitution.jpg

Last edited:
The 3/5s compromise was a brilliant compromise designed to punish slave states by denying them their full representation as long as they supported slavery.

Why is it we seem to ignore why certain things were in the Constitution?

LOL

As Avatar tries to defend slavery

Thank you for demonstrating your ignorance of the Constitution. Because the 3/5s compromise was designed to end slavery by limiting the power of slave with the idea that it would end completely.

Are you suggesting that Slave states should have been giving their full power while they kept people in bondage?

Slaves were property. They should not have counted at ALL. The 3/5ths compromise was a major concession to the slave states.

LOL

...wow you are a fucking idiot. Did you even read what he said? Do you even know how to read?

He defended the rights of states to have slavery

A true abolitionist would have insisted that if the person did not have all the rights of a citizen they do not count towards your representaion in the House

3/5ths?? They did not have 3/5ths citizenship rights

No im defending the Founders move on limiting the power of slave states by denying them the representation they could have otherwise had.

I would study the Constitution sometime if I were you.

The Conservative Republicans, in their attempt to seize power in this county have their eyes on destroying our beloved Constitution and rewriting it to their twisted agenda. They seek to destroy our Constitution by:

burning-constitution.jpg

None of that stuff, in the manner you described it, is explicitly protected by the Constitution.

I love how the fucking idiots always ignore me when i COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY destroy their pathetic excuse for an argument. Losers.

The Conservative Republicans, in their attempt to seize power in this county have their eyes on destroying our beloved Constitution and rewriting it to their twisted agenda. They seek to destroy our Constitution by:

burning-constitution.jpg

None of that stuff, in the manner you described it, is explicitly protected by the Constitution.

Do I need any more proof of the Right Wing trying to destroy our Constitution?

Thankfully, Loyal patriotic Americans still cherish the Constitution we have today

So....basically rw agrees with the constitution only when he makes shit up about it. Got it. Your mom should have DEFINITELY aborted.

...wow you are a fucking idiot. Did you even read what he said? Do you even know how to read?

A true abolitionist would have insisted that if the person did not have all the rights of a citizen they do not count towards your representaion in the House

No im defending the Founders move on limiting the power of slave states by denying them the representation they could have otherwise had.

They could not have otherwise had it, the Northern states were not going to accept a full counting of slaves for representation purposes.

burning-constitution.jpg

Do I need any more proof of the Right Wing trying to destroy our Constitution?

Thankfully, Loyal patriotic Americans still cherish the Constitution we have today

The Constitution doesn't protect any of that crap.

It protects citizens from government, first and foremost.

They could not have otherwise had it, the Northern states were not going to accept a full counting of slaves for representation purposes.

why do you think that is? MAYBE ITS BECAUSE WHAT I ALREADY SAID IN THIS THREAD. Of course you ignore it because you are a fool though.

The 3/5ths was to KEEP POWER CENTRALIZED IN THE NORTH WHERE ABOLITION WAS POPULAR.

Read a fucking book. This is not rocket science, even for a braindead piece of monkey shit like yourself.

Last edited:
The 3/5s compromise was a brilliant compromise designed to punish slave states by denying them their full representation as long as they supported slavery.

Why is it we seem to ignore why certain things were in the Constitution?

LOL

Thank you for demonstrating your ignorance of the Constitution. Because the 3/5s compromise was designed to end slavery by limiting the power of slave with the idea that it would end completely.Are you suggesting that Slave states should have been giving their full power while they kept people in bondage?

Could you possibly cite some people of consequence, maybe historians, who actually agree with you on that?

why do you think that is? MAYBE ITS BECAUSE WHAT I ALREADY SAID IN THIS THREAD. Of course you ignore it because you are a fool though.

Also if you think slave owners would actually ALLOW their slaves to vote? Really?

The 3/5ths was to KEEP POWER CENTRALIZED IN THE NORTH WHERE ABOLITION WAS POPULAR.

Read a fucking book.

The 3/5ths compromise in fact gave the South disproportionate power. Why, first of all, do you assume that the North was somehow in control of what went into the Constitution?

And while we're at it, do you understand what the word 'compromise' means?

Tell us what it means if you do.

I recommend you study what was needed to get the Constitution RATIFIED.

Also if you think slave owners would actually ALLOW their slaves to vote? Really?

Read a fucking book.

The 3/5ths compromise in fact gave the South disproportionate power. Why, first of all, do you assume that the North was somehow in control of what went into the Constitution?

the 3/5ths happened after the constitution was ratified and it was to compromise with the south while keeping majority in congress in the north to eventually abolish the practice. I can't believe i am educating you on something that your precious public school completely failed you on.

Great idea. If the 10th Amendment were complied with, this would not be necessary.

Tea Party Pushes Repeal Amendment to Give States Power Over Federal Government

"Any provision of law or regulation of the United States may be repealed by the several states, and such repeal shall be effective when the legislatures of two-thirds of the several states approve resolutions for this purpose that particularly describe the same provision or provisions of law or regulation to be repealed."

state's rights..............haha, let's regress to 1850 and fight the civil war all over again.

RetiredGySgt couldn't have said it better myself. The federal government owns the people of the US right now

Read a fucking book.

the 3/5ths happened after the constitution was ratified and it was to compromise with the south while keeping majority in congress in the north to eventually abolish the practice. I can't believe i am educating you on something that your precious public school completely failed you on.

Okay, show me where when and how the 3/5th's compromise was put into the Constitution AFTER ratification.

With some semblance of a reliable source...

Read a fucking book. This is not rocket science, even for a braindead piece of monkey shit like yourself.

Counting slaves as 1, and as zero, were both separately rejected at the Constitutional convention.

Therefore there was a compromise, which turned out to be to the advantage of the South.

Public schools didn't fail. They are doing exactly what they were designed to do

Forum List

Back