amazing news, after innocent iraq vet gets hurt by riot police, vet groups vow help

Oh the man died? That is pretty awful. The Police will have to be prosecuted. They showed incredible cruelty in the way they handled this incident. The Police are there to serve us but it looks like so many have forgotten this. I blame the powers that be and their poor training. They are not supposed to behave like Nazi Storm Troopers. Just one officer should have stepped up and done the right thing. That fact no one did shows how poorly trained our police are. Firing from point-blank range on a clearly injured citizen and others trying to help,is just plain criminal. I pray for this man's family. It has to be rough.

Obviously, the protest had turned violent and that's why the Police were called to break it up.

To ensure "Domestic Tranquility" is also part of the document that starts with a C.

Apparently, you are the one who has never read it. :cool:

Yeah. Just like those miner strikes in West Virginia magically turned "violent" and the railroad had send in their hired police to "break it up".

I don't advocate violence because of this, but I'd like to know why this situation was so bad that a cop had to put an American in critical condition.

Because some idiots in the crowd decided that throwing rocks and bottles at the police would be a cool thing to do?

Is there some evidence that this actually happened, or are we going with the word of the Police on this?

Yeah. Just like those miner strikes in West Virginia magically turned "violent" and the railroad had send in their hired police to "break it up".

I don't advocate violence because of this, but I'd like to know why this situation was so bad that a cop had to put an American in critical condition.

Because some idiots in the crowd decided that throwing rocks and bottles at the police would be a cool thing to do?

Is there some evidence that this actually happened, or are we going with the word of the Police on this?

with the news media there with cameras and cell phone videos....Ihighly doubt officers would simply "go ape shit" without being provoked.

Or we can do what you seem to be doing lately.....trust no one.

Obviously, the protest had turned violent and that's why the Police were called to break it up.

To ensure "Domestic Tranquility" is also part of the document that starts with a C.

30 seconds into the video.

Oakland Policeman Throws Flash Grenade Into Crowd Trying To Help Injured Protester - YouTube

I see a cop in the middle of 50 other cops in full riot gear behind a barricade flash bang a bunch of kids trying to help someone on the ground.

Yeah, they look really violent to me.

Just like Rodney King was "resisting arrest".

with the news media there with cameras and cell phone videos....Ihighly doubt officers would simply "go ape shit" without being provoked.

You do?

Watch the video. I don't impart the degree of trust that you do in law enforcement.

peaceful protest is protected by a certain document that starts with a C. you should read it

anytime protesters show signs of resistance, they become a threat to themsleves, bystanders and the police.

Ummmm ... These OWS dirtbags should be able to do whatever the fuck they want. Rules shouldn't apply to them because they are awesome. Police shouldn't have been there to enforce the law but when they showed up the OWS crowd should have been allowed to get violent and the police should have stood there and took it resulting in more injuries to police officers. That's the way it should be.

You do?

Watch the video. I don't impart the degree of trust that you do in law enforcement.

Do you have a link to the video?
Would like to see it.

anytime protesters show signs of resistance, they become a threat to themsleves, bystanders and the police.

You don't even know what I am talking about, do you?

You should look up the actual origin of the word "Red Neck". You might be surprised.

You do?

Do you have a link to the video?
Would like to see it.

Oakland Policeman Throws Flash Grenade Into Crowd Trying To Help Injured Protester - YouTube

I watched the video...and once again...a video NOT showing anything BEFORE the police intervened...in other words....only showing the reaction of the police.

How many weeks was that video out of the guy that got run over by a police scooter before the COMPLETE video came out showing the protester before and DURING the alleged hit?

The first video showed the guy under the rear tire wailing in pain.

And you call accused him of intentiopanlly hitting the guy.

A while later the full video came out showing the guy dropping in front of the STPOPPED scooter...wailing in pain as he put his leg behind the FRONT tire..and a few seconds later he was seen wailing in pain with his leg behind the REAR tire...with the scooter not moving at all.

Funny...you doubt the words of people....but you believe video that shows only aftermath and not the whole incident.

Whatever....

You're confused. Many many pigs ARE vets.They get off on control in the military and bring it home.

I was wondering when the overanxious hippy types would start calling the police "pigs".

As it is, it was only a matter of time that violence started. Too many emotions running rampant on both sides. It's bad that people will be hurt, maybe even killed, but the good news is it takes events like this to draw attention of our leaders to unfuck the mess.

Vet Survived Iraq, Only to be Wounded Defending Civil Liberties in Oakland | The Nation
IVAW's reports from the scene—along with agonizing video footage that features cries of "medic!"—suggest that Olsen "sustained a skull fracture after being shot in the head with a police projectile while peacefully participating in an Occupy Oakland march."

The video footage of appears to show Olsen lying wounded when a police officer what looks to be a tear gas canister at protesters who are trying to help the former Marine.

IVAW, which is demanding that Oakland Mayor Jean Quan investigate the incident and allow peaceful protests to continue, featured a statement on its website Wednesday night that read: "It's ironic that days after Obama's announcement of the end of the Iraq War, Scott faced a veritable war zone in the streets of Oakland last night. He and other protesters were surrounded by explosions and smoke (tear gas) going off around him as people nearby carried him injured while yelling for a medic. This disturbing video of the incident shows how veterans are now fighting a war at home."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lbbWAgBy7E]Veteran shot in the face by police projectile at Occupy Oakland protests - YouTube[/ame]

You don't even know what I am talking about, do you?

You should look up the actual origin of the word "Red Neck". You might be surprised.

I was responding to this lione of yours....

I don't advocate violence because of this, but I'd like to know why this situation was so bad that a cop had to put an American in critical condition

and my answer pretty much addressed it.

Forum List

Back