Zone1 Am I the only one surprised when they see a commercial with all white people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a law saying that all NBA teams must be the same racial mix as the entire country. aren't there some tall asians?
1686940301867.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
True of all professional sports franchises, as well as the vast majority of corporations.

Those who have the keys to the ivory tower, rarely "look like" those who do not.

The faces of "forced diversity" on window posters, in television commercials, or even wearing a uniform for a professional sports team, are not the same faces as those who actually own the business, and they are far more dispensible.
Exactly. I'm a Chiefs fan and I have watched 3 offensive coordintaors leave. Doug Pedersen got a head coaching job with the Eagles and now he's in Jacksonville. Matt Nagy got a head coaching job with Chicago. He got fired after 2-3 years and is back with the Chiefs. Now both these white men were offensive coordinators with Andy Reid. Eric Bienemy who is black, was the OC for the 3 Superbowls the Chiefs have been in. He has been getting passed over for head coaching jobs because suddenly there was a concern whether Bienemy was the one calling the plays. So he went to Washington where there will be no question about him calling plays. The NFL Owners didn't question the 2 white OC's.

Funny how racism happens.

Yes, anyone can be racist.
Anyone did not create laws and polices codifying their racism and creating systems based on it in America. So the question of can black be racist without considering that, among other things is disingenuous.

I haven't known as many black people as you, but the ones I did know played basketball. It seemed to be a passion. similar to boys in Canada. They play hockey. All winter, all summer. So my saying that black people are better at basketball is racist is nonsense. They are better at it because they love the game.
No it's not racist. But I was a wrestler. :)

We need a law saying that all NBA teams must be the same racial mix as the entire country. aren't there some tall asians?
They compete for jobs. So no, we don't need that rule on the court. Maybe in the front office though.

True of all professional sports franchises, as well as the vast majority of corporations.

Those who have the keys to the ivory tower, rarely "look like" those who do not.

The faces of "forced diversity" on window posters, in television commercials, or even wearing a uniform for a professional sports team, are not the same faces as those who actually own the business, and they are far more dispensible.

It seems like everybody is just as vulnerable as the next. We have to navigate the power structure and make the best of the only reality there is or whine about it make the worst of the only reality their is.

What should be and what is are two different things. One is useless. The other is unavoidable.

They compete for jobs. So no, we don't need that rule on the court. Maybe in the front office though.
how about college admissions? should those also be based on qualifications? should affirmative action be completely banned, or should it be applied to all jobs including sports teams?

It seems like everybody is just as vulnerable as the next. We have to navigate the power structure and make the best of the only reality there is or whine about it make the worst of the only reality their is.

What should be and what is are two different things. One is useless. The other is unavoidable.
Everyone is vulnerable to an extent, and depending upon what makes one feel vulnerable, there are actions that they can take in order to feel less traumatized by change.

Per the thread topic, if I don't like what I see on television, I can turn it off. If I don't like what I see in a store display window at a mall, I don't have to shop there.

Or I can choose to suffer in silence and complain to a powerless audience until what I don't like changes(personally, I prefer the prior option)

What has remained consistent, is those who are in a position to personally implement wide scale change in a relatively short period of time.

• Winner
Exactly. I'm a Chiefs fan and I have watched 3 offensive coordintaors leave. Doug Pedersen got a head coaching job with the Eagles and now he's in Jacksonville. Matt Nagy got a head coaching job with Chicago. He got fired after 2-3 years and is back with the Chiefs. Now both these white men were offensive coordinators with Andy Reid. Eric Bienemy who is black, was the OC for the 3 Superbowls the Chiefs have been in. He has been getting passed over for head coaching jobs because suddenly there was a concern whether Bienemy was the one calling the plays. So he went to Washington where there will be no question about him calling plays. The NFL Owners didn't question the 2 white OC's.

Funny how racism happens.
There is also widespread nepotism in professional sports management. I've also been a lifelong Chiefs fan, and you may recall Andy Reids son was on the coaching staff in Kansas City. And that's just one example.

• Winner
how about college admissions? should those also be based on qualifications? should affirmative action be completely banned, or should it be applied to all jobs including sports teams?
Whites have been getting affirmative action since America was a colony. Learn that before you ask stupid questions. Because there are only 2 leagues where there are majority black players on the field. You ignore the lilly white executives who clock dollars years after the black players you're crying about are gone.

So how about every job allows two months paid for everyone to perform the tasks and you get to cut people who aren't perform the tasks satisfactorily until you have the proper number of staff you need. Because that's what happens in the NFL and NBA. The boss can't throw away the resume because the name sounds too black.

As for college admissions, white legacy students get admitted without being qualiied. So shut up.

There is also widespread nepotism in professional sports management. I've also been a lifelong Chiefs fan, and you may recall Andy Reids son was on the coaching staff in Kansas City. And that's just one example.

Yep. And I don't think his son was the most qualified. But the NFL just did Bienemy wrong. If I would have been him, I'd have taken the job at Colorado,and built them into a natiional power and laid back until I decided to retire while telling the NFL to stick it each year some losing team called for me.

Whites have been getting affirmative action since America was a colony. Learn that before you ask stupid questions. Because there are only 2 leagues where there are majority black players on the field. You ignore the lilly white executives who clock dollars years after the black players you're crying about are gone.

So how about every job allows two months paid for everyone to perform the tasks and you get to cut people who aren't perform the tasks satisfactorily until you have the proper number of staff you need. Because that's what happens in the NFL and NBA. The boss can't throw away the resume because the name sounds too black.

As for college admissions, white legacy students get admitted without being qualiied. So shut up.
funny, remember that the civil rights act of 1965 was fillibustered by democrats and passed by republicans. Your dem masters are still enslaving you and you are too dumb to know it.

Reagan cut the top tax rate to 28%. During his presidency the national debt as a percentage of gross domestic product rose from 32% to 59%.

US National Debt by Year

Clinton did not raise taxes on the rich nearly as high as he should have, but he did raise them.

For years public opinion surveys have indicated majority support for a more progressive tax system.

poll + taxes + rich - Google Search

This is a winning issue for the Democrats. I wish they would exploit it skillfully.
Trump cut taxes more for the lower income brackets than for the wealthiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back