am i being petty?

a. beer and wine...neither of which i drink

b. bbq...honey hush in the south bbq is everywhere..

plus it aint the best bbq...

and how the hell is any of this free....a day off work ...free bbq aint gonna add up to what it will cost me.....bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

Go to the reception, waste a lot of food and booze...even if you have to pour it into the grass or a nearby potted plant.

Give her a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce for a present.

Problem solved!

dry here...very very dry....

nope...no reason to talk to her...she will either try to invite me to the wedding or just be really upset...i wont do that to anyone...as far as i am concerned ..i am just gonna move on...but she need not expect much from me down the road.

After reading through all of this, I must change my previous advice. Bones, if she is truly your friend, as you say, get in your car, drive over to her place, knock on the door, look her dead in the eye and ask her if she overlooked inviting you to the wedding or simply did not want you to attend. If she says she overlooked your invite because of an oversight, the problem is solved. If she says she didn't invite you due to whatever reason, accept that as an answer and let it be. Either go to the reception and have a good time or go to work that day - which ever you want to do. If you can't afford to take the day off of work, by all means, go to work. Quit making a mountain out of a mold hill. Life's too short.

o shut up dog....i am not in the mood for good advice....

plus get this...its an outdoor reception and the weather forecast is pouring rain.

and of course i can afford to take the day off work...good gosh...havent you noticed...i hardly work my fingers to the bone...

the wedding is for "close" friends and family....

i will just accept that we are not close friends and be done with it.

nope...no reason to talk to her...she will either try to invite me to the wedding or just be really upset...i wont do that to anyone...as far as i am concerned ..i am just gonna move on...but she need not expect much from me down the road.

Ah the Bill O'Reilly school of thought I see.

Yeah I compared you to Bill, dont hate me but thats his attitude about things. In his book "who's looking out for you" he says that you should always try to be nice and helpful to people in your life, but as soon as you find out they aren't watching your back, or dont care as much about you as you thought, you should continue to be nice but no longer sacrifice your time or effort to help them with things.

Ah the Bill O'Reilly school of thought I see.

Yeah I compared you to Bill, dont hate me but thats his attitude about things. In his book "who's looking out for you" he says that you should always try to be nice and helpful to people in your life, but as soon as you find out they aren't watching your back, or dont care as much about you as you thought, you should continue to be nice but no longer sacrifice your time or effort to help them with things.

hmmm no i think its more ..me being sick of being used....she seems to be my best friend when she needs me.

Forum List

Back