am i being petty?

o i will...tomorrow...fridays is the let go day...*wink*

Funny what can set 'any of us off'. I'd not be different with your first take. I guess it would depend how 'worthy' I'd felt the one I was friends with of my friendship. I'd see a misstep, but I hope I'd give it a chance. Hey, what a few bucks for a chance? I never pay the lottery, I trust in people.

So, I'd not do the hundred something for a dress. I'd give them $75 for single; $125 for couple. I'd eat, drink, and make merry. Hope they had a happy life.

Know any good hexes? Make that tropical storm rain her out. :lol:

:lol:

Bones, I was thinking maybe it had to do with your being a pagan and your friend figured the religious ceremony wouldn't mean so much to you?

I would just go to the reception and have fun and never mind Ravi's potted plant suggestion......DRINK the booze! :lol:

Last edited:
The day belongs to your friend getting married. That is the bottom. Her head may not be centered and focused. I see no reason for you to be upset like you are. If you let all this drama bother you, you are in effect saying you want to have some of the limelight on that day.

Rise above the pettiness. Make an appearance and rejoice with your friend.

Hey BGG, Getting close to the big day, huh. Still stuck like glue. Predictable is good.

The day belongs to your friend getting married. That is the bottom. Her head may not be centered and focused. I see no reason for you to be upset like you are. If you let all this drama bother you, you are in effect saying you want to have some of the limelight on that day.

Rise above the pettiness. Make an appearance and rejoice with your friend.

Hey BGG, Getting close to the big day, huh. Still stuck like glue. Predictable is good.
Sometimes predictable is a good thing.

As a guy, I don't get it. Weddings mean you have to dress up and be on good behavior and waste time through a ceremony, that as far as I recall you don't even support.

Sounds like you got out of the crappy part and got invited to the party.

i dont drink wine or beer...no party for me...and i hate sorry bbq.....but alas i will go and be brave...and why anyone has anything out doors at the end of august is beyond me...

i dont drink wine or beer...no party for me...and i hate sorry bbq.....but alas i will go and be brave...and why anyone has anything out doors at the end of august is beyond me...

Bring Your Own Vice. Hang out with that Mona Lisa Smile. Keep em guessing.

Strolling you seem to have an inordinately difficult time with weddings these days....

I wouldn't go. But that's me. I'm not exactly a social butterfly to begin with anymore. Call her and say you just don't feel comfortable, with the late invite etc.

bgg i have no intention of distracting anyone on their wedding day...perhaps you didnt read the entire thread where i stated ...i will go and come home..it just shocked me...that it was suppose to be family and close friends yet she invited someone to the wedding that she doesnt care for and was trashing to me....i am simply bored with being used....did you miss the part where she tossed a fit when i told her i might be a little late....and she went on about opting to work over her wedding....so i told the day off work etc...no biggie but i find it odd she can demand this and that of me...and try to make me feel guilty for working on the day of her wedding...

and again who plans an event outdoors in august in the south ?

bgg i have no intention of distracting anyone on their wedding day...perhaps you didnt read the entire thread where i stated ...i will go and come home..it just shocked me...that it was suppose to be family and close friends yet she invited someone to the wedding that she doesnt care for and was trashing to me....i am simply bored with being used....did you miss the part where she tossed a fit when i told her i might be a little late....and she went on about opting to work over her wedding....so i told the day off work etc...no biggie but i find it odd she can demand this and that of me...and try to make me feel guilty for working on the day of her wedding...

and again who plans an event outdoors in august in the south ?

Bones... just go and be happy for her. It's her day. When it's all done, maybe you can have a little talk with her about it above a cup of coffee. Maybe it is because you're pagan (as Valerie has suggested) and she thought you wouldn't be comfortable with the church setting and all. Dress up, bring a generous smile and give her a big hug.

Last saturday was my sweetheart's brother's wedding and it was absolutely charming. I have known his brother and his wife for only a year, but I cried several times during the ceremony and teared up once during the dinner (and 16 speeches, can you imagine?) even though the entire service and everything from then on was in Swedish (I understand about 20% of it). I was also scared of the wedding for my own selfish reasons (I won't understand shit cuz they'll all be speaking in Swedish and other personal crap) but once I saw the beaming couple and all the family and friends who wished them the best in the world - I got instantly over myself. By the way, I also felt extremely honored, because in the church, I was seated in the 'family row' and also sat at the 'family table' during the dinner - not among friends - and I'm not even engaged to my baby ... YET :)

I know a lot of people hate weddings, but if you'd gone to that one, you'd want to attend more. Seriously. Maybe it's something with Swedish weddings... dunno :)

a friend is getting married saturday....i am not invited to the wedding...small wedding at her mom's house family and close friends only....now this is a person i have taught stain glass etc...spend a lot of time with...etc...well it seems some friends are more equal than others...seems she has invited a couple to the wedding who are new comers to the "social circle" this has resulted in hurt feelings on several peoples part. marsh who is always a class act...admits her feelings are hurt but says we will all go....it is am's day and all. i am so pissed...and hurt. am i being petty...at this point i dont even want to go to the reception...which is gonna be a drunker party with bbq.

my not going will be noticed and commented on. but my heart is just not in it now....i realize this could end our friendship for good but i feel like this whole thing has become a slap in the face to me and her older friends. marsh now says we dont have to dress up....and we will make the best of it...i have already rsvp ed as coming....

what to do ...what to do.

You are not being petty. If I were in your shoes my feelings would be deeply hurt and I would be downright mad. Given my personality, I would bring this up with the "friend". I would speak to her face to face and bring up the problem and say, "Given the length of our friendship and the times that we have shared working on stain glass, etc, I thought we were good friends. While I wasn't invited to your wedding, I noticed that you invited *** who is a relatively new friend. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this current situation. If you don't get a good answer, try your best Don Corleone impression and say, "What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?" And then send her a dead fish wrapped in newspaper. This works in Brooklyn. Maybe Hallmark makes a dead fish card.

But seriously, if she wasn't willing to make me part of her top tier of friends, I wouldn't be interested. There are people out there willing to learn things from you, but don't reciprocate. You've spent precious time with her sharing your knowledge, expertise in your craft and it was out of friendship. If she wanted to keep it strictly professional, she should have offered to pay you. I am very wary of people like that. Usually, I am in a position to offer a lot more in a friendship than other people because I have a lot of interests and I've taken the time to learn how to do a ton of things. My time is valuable to me and I won't waste my time and effort on people who don't appreciate the things I do for them. Bottom line, if I didn't get a good answer, I wouldn't go to the reception and they would be receiving just a card from me, no present. Frankly, from what I heard she owes you a present for teaching her.

Last edited:
a friend is getting married saturday....i am not invited to the wedding...small wedding at her mom's house family and close friends only....now this is a person i have taught stain glass etc...spend a lot of time with...etc...well it seems some friends are more equal than others...seems she has invited a couple to the wedding who are new comers to the "social circle" this has resulted in hurt feelings on several peoples part. marsh who is always a class act...admits her feelings are hurt but says we will all go....it is am's day and all. i am so pissed...and hurt. am i being petty...at this point i dont even want to go to the reception...which is gonna be a drunker party with bbq.

my not going will be noticed and commented on. but my heart is just not in it now....i realize this could end our friendship for good but i feel like this whole thing has become a slap in the face to me and her older friends. marsh now says we dont have to dress up....and we will make the best of it...i have already rsvp ed as coming....

You are not being petty. If I were in your shoes my feelings would be deeply hurt and I would be downright mad. Given my personality, I would bring this up with the "friend". I would speak to her face to face and bring up the problem and say, "Given the length of our friendship and the times that we have shared working on stain glass, etc, I thought we were good friends. While I wasn't invited to your wedding, I noticed that you invited *** who is a relatively new friend. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this current situation. If you don't get a good answer, try your best Don Corleone impression and say, "What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?" And then send her a dead fish wrapped in newspaper. This works in Brooklyn. Maybe Hallmark makes a dead fish card.

And at which point exactly would you pull your head out of your ass?

And at which point exactly would you pull your head out of your ass?

What brings you out so early, rain get into your worm hole?

As usual, your posts add nothing substantial, and merely show that insouciant combination of 'obnoxious' and 'inarticulate.'

Keep working at it, and you may move up to the level of inadequate

You do give advice like a high-school cheerleader ... couldn't help myself from pointing out the obvious immaturity and constant obsession with the 'self' that I've seen in your innumerable posts before. Giving bones the word-by-word ... who do you think you are? :lol: You're neither that smart, nor funny to be so full of yourself...

You do give advice like a high-school cheerleader ... couldn't help myself from pointing out the obvious immaturity and constant obsession with the 'self' that I've seen in your innumerable posts before. Giving bones the word-by-word ... who do you think you are? :lol: You're neither that smart, nor funny to be so full of yourself...

Now look how you contradict yourself, a hallmark of your gradeschool level of ability. The "who do you think you are?" would be the entre that each of us uses when posting a response in a thread. As you did. Or should my reponse be the juvenile "who do you think you are?"

So, I'm high school, but you're grade school...seems pretty much in the right order.

Now for the good news: "I've seen in your innumerable posts before..." means that you know who to study for self improvement.

And to give you some of the help you so earnestly need, note that each and every post shows, at the top right, the number of posts each of us has submitted.

Thus, "innumerable " is clearly an inappropriate term.

So let's review:
1. You require a dictionary.

2. I suggest a thesaurus (look it up in the dictionary)

3. Improve your posts by asking yourself "have I made clear what I am trying to say?"

4.Be more substantive and less vitriolic.

5. Avoid cliches.

And, watch who you're messing with.

Now look how you contradict yourself, a hallmark of your gradeschool level of ability. The "who do you think you are?" would be the entre that each of us uses when posting a response in a thread. As you did. Or should my reponse be the juvenile "who do you think you are?"

So, I'm high school, but you're grade school...seems pretty much in the right order.

Oh, shucks ... :lol:

Now for the good news: "I've seen in your innumerable posts before..." means that you know who to study for self improvement.

And to give you some of the help you so earnestly need, note that each and every post shows, at the top right, the number of posts each of us has submitted.

Thus, "innumerable " is clearly an inappropriate term.

Sweetheart, I haven't read every single example of your senseless drivel. So yes, 'innumerable' stands. As a matter of fact, from previous experiences, I now tend to skip your input while reading a thread since I already know all of your talking points (it really doesn't take long to figure you out).

So let's review:
1. You require a dictionary.

2. I suggest a thesaurus (look it up in the dictionary)

3. Improve your posts by asking yourself "have I made clear what I am trying to say?"

4.Be more substantive and less vitriolic.

5. Avoid cliches.

And, watch who you're messing with.

Thank you for proving the point I made earlier - that you're so full of yourself it's funny and makes it extremely hard to take anything you say seriously.

Forum List

Back