am i being petty?

sweetie i dont watch any talking heads...so the comparsion means little to me.

I'm glad it didn't offend you. It was in his book.

I like to read books.

Actually reading books is why i decided to not vote for obama when I was going to. I read the Audacity of hope and a few chapters of Dreams from My Father. After I decided not to vote for him or mccain and tried Bob Barr, my guy got crushed :lol:

o shut up dog....i am not in the mood for good advice....

plus get this...its an outdoor reception and the weather forecast is pouring rain.

and of course i can afford to take the day off work...good gosh...havent you noticed...i hardly work my fingers to the bone...

the wedding is for "close" friends and family....

i will just accept that we are not close friends and be done with it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey SB, I've got to deal with 4 weddings coming up soon. I hope to survive them all. Anyway, You have got to make peace with yourself first. What ever the cost, it is worth it. Realize what needs to be done, and start with a baby step. Don't stop till you find a resolution that you can live with.

a friend is getting married saturday....i am not invited to the wedding...small wedding at her mom's house family and close friends only....now this is a person i have taught stain glass etc...spend a lot of time with...etc...well it seems some friends are more equal than others...seems she has invited a couple to the wedding who are new comers to the "social circle" this has resulted in hurt feelings on several peoples part. marsh who is always a class act...admits her feelings are hurt but says we will all go....it is am's day and all. i am so pissed...and hurt. am i being petty...at this point i dont even want to go to the reception...which is gonna be a drunker party with bbq.

my not going will be noticed and commented on. but my heart is just not in it now....i realize this could end our friendship for good but i feel like this whole thing has become a slap in the face to me and her older friends. marsh now says we dont have to dress up....and we will make the best of it...i have already rsvp ed as coming....

what to do ...what to do.

its hard to comment as around these parts most want to avoid the boring cereemony and only participate in the partying reception, in any case i would go, they thought enough about friends to include them(you) in the reception.

I'm a groomsman in a wedding on September 11th, friday.

I totaly understand bones being upset with the money. I lose a days pay, have to pay 170 bucks for the tux he wants us to rent, and i had to lose another day of work for the batchelor party.

okay i really dont care about the casho....but the fact that she guilted me ...saying i couldnt choice work over her ...blah blah fucking blah....

if i had 4 weddings coming up....i would eat dirt....weddings and funerals always bring out the best in people.

okay i really dont care about the casho....but the fact that she guilted me ...saying i couldnt choice work over her ...blah blah fucking blah....

if i had 4 weddings coming up....i would eat dirt....weddings and funerals always bring out the best in people.

Ditto.

yes she invited me to the reception and has insisted that i get there on time even though she knows it caused a major hassle where i work. this going to her reception has already cost me a lot of money in lost time at work...my boss hired a woman to work so i could go to the wedding on time....well i had to split my time with her...then she quit last week. i dont care about that i am just hurt and now i am getting real pissed.

yea da man says to go to reception and keep my mouth shut....he knows the odds of that happening are not good.

go with your feelings. then ask yourself, how much does she mean to me friendship wise. I think she's shown what you mean to her.

a friend is getting married saturday....i am not invited to the wedding...small wedding at her mom's house family and close friends only....now this is a person i have taught stain glass etc...spend a lot of time with...etc...well it seems some friends are more equal than others...seems she has invited a couple to the wedding who are new comers to the "social circle" this has resulted in hurt feelings on several peoples part. marsh who is always a class act...admits her feelings are hurt but says we will all go....it is am's day and all. i am so pissed...and hurt. am i being petty...at this point i dont even want to go to the reception...which is gonna be a drunker party with bbq.

my not going will be noticed and commented on. but my heart is just not in it now....i realize this could end our friendship for good but i feel like this whole thing has become a slap in the face to me and her older friends. marsh now says we dont have to dress up....and we will make the best of it...i have already rsvp ed as coming....

what to do ...what to do.

While late, I just read your post and will comment only from it, as I didn't read any of the responses which are plentiful. If it's just 1 couple, for some reason they 'fit' both bride and groom perhaps? If not, perhaps one of the significant ones had a real 'soul moment' with one of the couple, meaning you have to invite both.

I must say it's odd to me, to not issue a blanket invitation to the wedding, but bigger reception list. :eek: So many opt out of the wedding, yet attend the reception. :shrug: If it were me and I thought I liked the couple or one of the couple and wished them well, I'd go. Mind you, I'd remember at least for awhile, but if all was good after, I'd let it go. Weddings are a bitch.

well i am glad i didnt get a manicure and my hair done...no use doing the hair it will be frizz city with the humidity....it will be hot and humid saturday

well i am glad i didnt get a manicure and my hair done...no use doing the hair it will be frizz city with the humidity....it will be hot and humid saturday

I agree. I wouldn't spend 'tops' if not invited to all attending festivities. Sounds like a weird wedding, but who knows? You might have a great time.

seems this is the rage..small wedding big drunkren party...and we wont even discuss her saying she will not have "for better or worse" in her vows....cause if he does this or that she is outta there...
at which i popped off she was too immature to get married...that went well....i guess her vows will be for better and better but i wont know..

My better Half's response would be "It's Nice to want things". My Response "Yes Dear".

seems this is the rage..small wedding big drunkren party...and we wont even discuss her saying she will not have "for better or worse" in her vows....cause if he does this or that she is outta there...
at which i popped off she was too immature to get married...that went well....i guess her vows will be for better and better but i wont know..

I said for 'better or worse.' I got best with money, but worse with everything else. So I bailed, when the later effected the kids. So, I'll not stand in judgement of that.

All I can say, as if we were good friends, if you wish them well, or one of them, despite your misgivings, whatever they may be, go. Have fun. Rejoice. Gift to your ability. Let it go.

The day belongs to your friend getting married. That is the bottom line. Her head may not be centered and focused. I see no reason for you to be upset like you are. If you let all this drama bother you, you are in effect saying you want to have some of the limelight on that day.

Rise above the pettiness. Make an appearance and rejoice with your friend.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back