Alright Agna

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KittenKoder, Jun 4, 2009.

1. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    A debate: What is the best programming language on the planet?

Intellect doesn't mean "know-it-all". Now, this is something you can only know through experience, and do your homework before trying, you want a real debate so here it is. What is the best programming language, why, and what specs make it better than the others (which is different than the why if you know programming)?

2. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    I already said Python, and this isn't a political topic.

3. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Thus it's in the "General Discussion" ... so meh.

Also, Python isn't technically a programming language. It's a scripting language wrapper for Perl, which almost any idiot can learn. It was created to allow for quick tools to be written in Linux/Unix but has recently expanded to include Windoze and Mac. It's also the primary scripting language used for phone apps. It's very simplistic, in spite of having more op-commands than PHP.

So, what is the best PROGRAMMING language in the world? Scripting languages don't count because they are wrappers.

4. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    I challenged you to a debate about a political topic, not programming languages. If you can change the parameters of the debate at will, so can I. And you mentioned "ASM," didn't you? How would that qualify as a specific "language"? :eusa_whistle:

5. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    I didn't change the parameters, I asked for the programming language and it seems you don't know the difference between a scripting language and programming language, that's your flaw not mine. Python is like Javascript. The easiest way to tell the difference, a programming language typically has to be compiled or at least linked, while scripting languages will run "out of the box". There's more to it than that, but it's a good place to start. ASM has to be compiled and linked, like C and Perl, Java only has to be compiled but to make it universal (OS independent) it requires being run in a "virtual machine".

So, I'll make it a bit easier for you, some of the most common ones are:

Java
    C
    COBOL
    Perl
    ASM
    Machine Code
    Flash (recently added actually, now they have full app support)

This is not even all of them, just the ones that I actually can write full code in. I've had experience with most, but these ones I don't need a manual to write code for.

Thing about politics, it isn't just what the government is doing, it's what the world is doing, even the tech industry is a big part of politics and it's becoming more integrated into the political playing field every year.

6. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Well Agna? You think you are so intelligent ... and you think intelligence means you know everything, answer the question or concede ... openly concede.

7. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Well, I will take that as a concession ... not boredom, since you asked for it.

8. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    For me to reply would create the false impression that I cared about programming languages. I don't. Nor do I care about coding anything. I don't know or care enough about PHP and MySQL to even maintain a vB board like this one.

Now, if you ever have the time or opportunity to stop your deflections and red herrings and answer my original challenge to a political debate, let me know. ;)

9. KittenKoder

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    This is a political debate, what programming language is the best, why, and what specs make it the best in the world? That's political. So again, concede that you are being dishonest, don't know as much about everything like you think you do, or at least make an honest attempt to answer the question. PHP and MySQL are also not programming languages, one is a scripting language the other a database system. Nice try at deflecting though ... :cool:

10. Agnapostate

Agnapostate BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Firstly, my reference to Python still remains somewhat more accurate than your reference to ASM. Now, considering the definition of "political" as "of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of government," I'll have to ask you to point me to the section of this board dedicated to discussion of programming languages in their context as a political topic.

Incidentally, I also did not claim that PHP and MySQL were programming languages, which is why I made a specifically made a separate reference to coding and a vB board. Perhaps you should improve your reading comprehension. ;)