Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic rec

Here's what we know: democrats held the majority in the house and senate during the 2nd half of Bush's 2nd term. The first thing democrats addressed was steriod use in baseball. The 2nd thing democrats addressed was the biggest October surprise in history. Barney Frank told America that Fannie Mae was doing fine while it was in desperate trouble. Frank later confessed that he had "political blinders" on when Fannie collapsed. It means that Frank either allowed the system to collapse or he made sure it would collapse. I'm still waiting for an investigation into the collapse of Fannie Mae which happened just in time for Obama to get elected but it seems that republicans are too timid right now.

Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic recovery efforts

Q: Do you think the Republicans are intentionally stalling efforts to jumpstart the economy to insure that Barack Obama is not reelected?

Yes: 49%
No: 39%
Undecided: 12%

There is no doubt about it. They don't care about the economy or the millions of unemployed. Their stated number one goal is to get Obama out of the White House. But judging from some of the results in last night's voting, they may be in for a slap down in 2012.

Well I'm a Florida voter, and I do vote, and I dont' believe that at all.

Reid has bills on his desk that the House has sent his way. According the OL'Harry they are all DOA and he won't bring them up for debate of vote. He couldn't even get his Dem Senate to approve Barry's lates Stinulus II, faux jobs bill.

Remind me again about who's holding up the show??

What is going to happen in 2012 when obama loses in a historic landslide election? The democrats are deluding themselves with greater an greater dreams. I don't think they will be able to take it.

As is usually the case, Liberals only read the headline and not the whole article:
Of course, the natural follow up question is important: Will this matter? The Suffolk poll contains no signs that it does. Obama’s approval is at 41 percent in this key swing state, versus 50 percent who disapprove. He’s tied with likely GOP nominee Mitt Romney, 42-42. An equal number — 29 percent — say they will vote either Democratic or Republican “no matter what,” with another 13 percent saying they will only vote Democratic if the economy gets better, meaning DEMS will be held accountable. As I’ve been saying, it’s very possible that the GOP will benefit politically from blocking Obama’s jobs policies, even though they have majority support. This new Florida poll raises another possibility: That Republicans may benefit from blocking Obama’s policies even though voters accept the idea that they’re sabotaging the economy for political reasons.
See that? Even when you win, you lose! :lol:

What people are paying attention to is that since obama was elected the economy has gotten very bad very quickly.

Reid has bills on his desk that the House has sent his way. According the OL'Harry they are all DOA and he won't bring them up for debate of vote. He couldn't even get his Dem Senate to approve Barry's lates Stinulus II, faux jobs bill.

Floridians are not idiots like in a lot of these Red States. We are made up of transplanted Northeast Democrats and Liberals. They know when they are being scammed. And the wingnuts are trying to scam them into thinking they are trying to create jobs, and Reid won't let them. :lol:

Hint: bills that weaken clean air regulations are not Jobs Bills.

Almost half of all voters believe that almost half of the other voters are purposefully trying to sabotage the country for their own ends................ :eusa_whistle:

it was the state in which republicans tried to keep black voters from voting by so enlarging the felons list that voters who never were felons were not allowed to vote.

That galls people who care about real democracy

James Lee's testimony

On 17 April, 2001, James Lee testified, before the McKinney panel, that the state had given DBT the directive to add to the purge list people who matched at least 90% of a last name. DBT objected, knowing that this would produce a huge number of false positives (non-felons).[7]

Lee went on saying that the state then ordered DBT to shift to an even lower threshold of 80% match, allowing also names to be reversed (thus a person named Thomas Clarence could be taken to be the same as Clarence Thomas). Besides this, middle initials were skipped, Jr. and Sr. suffixes dropped, and some nicknames and aliases were added to puff up the list.

"DBT told state officials", testified Lee, "that the rules for creating the [purge] list would mean a significant number of people who were not deceased, not registered in more than one county, or not a felon, would be included on the list. DBT made suggestions to reduce the numbers of eligible voters included on the list". According to Lee, to this suggestion the state told the company, "Forget about it".

"The people who worked on this (for DBT) are very adamant... they told them what would happen", said Lee. "The state expected the county supervisors to be the failsafe." Lee said his company will never again get involved in cleansing voting rolls. "We are not confident any of the methods used today can guarantee legal voters will not be wrongfully denied the right to vote", Lee told a group of Atlanta-area black lawmakers in March 2001.[8]

[edit] Errors in the list

Florida has re-edited its felon list five times since 1998 to correct errors.

The first list DBT Online provided to the Division of Elections in April 2000 contained the names of 181,157 persons. Approximately 65,776 of those included on the first list were identified as felons.

In May 2000, DBT discovered that approximately 8,000 names were erroneously placed on the exclusion list, mostly those of former Texas prisoners who were included on a DBT list that turned out never to have been convicted of more than a misdemeanor. Later in the month, DBT provided a revised list to the Division of Elections (DOE) containing a total of 173,127 persons. Of those included on the "corrected list", 57,746 were identified as felons.

A few little things to take into consideration.

Size of poll.... 800 people (What's the population of Fl... anyone?)

Affliation of participants:

S2. Are you enrolled as a Democrat, Republican, or Independent / No Party
Affiliation?
N= 800 100%
Democrat ....................................... 1 ( 1/113) 326 41%
Republican ..................................... 2 287 36%
No party/Other ................................. 3 187 23%
Und/Ref/Not reg ................................ 4 0 0%

With 41% of the participants being registered Democrat, is it any real surprise that 'almost half' of the participants thing the GOP are purposefully sabotaging economic recovery?

But what I find really, really interesting is that they would ask this question at all. It's almost like they're trying to plant an idea in the minds of voters. I notice they didn't ask the same question about the Democrats. Hmmm. Maybe it's just me... but, having read these questions... I would seriously question the impartiality of the pollsters. But then, I am a thinker, rather than a repeater of bullshit I read in the media.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
The felons list has been fixed by the courts.

Now you cant keep the dems from voting in florida, did you forget?

Almost half of Florida voters think Republicans are purposely sabotaging economic recovery efforts

Q: Do you think the Republicans are intentionally stalling efforts to jumpstart the economy to insure that Barack Obama is not reelected?

Yes: 49%
No: 39%
Undecided: 12%

Daily KOS? :lol:
There's a poll with no dog in the fight. :lol:

It's even better if you actually interrogate the poll.... talk about biased. And yet, morons just regurgitate it like it's the damned Bible. Assclowns.

Republicans.

What people are paying attention to is that since obama was elected the economy has gotten very bad very quickly.

:cuckoo:

LOL, a dailykos poll..

:lmao:

Took me less than 5 minutes to find serious flaws in their methodology. Pity that the drooling hordes of borg on the left are not capable of interrogating their sources. :lol:

It took you five minutes to make some speculations about the poll. You don't like the question, you don't like the sample size, and you don't think that they should ask Democrats what they think. :lol:

The Republicans have announced that they are more concerned about the next election than they are about the public. Don't you take them at their word?

Forum List

Back