Alliance For Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Email sent me by the Alliance For Marriage...

Dear Tom,

As debate over AFM's Marriage Amendment reached a crescendo in the House this week, the AFM staff was exposed to harassment from those opposed to our efforts to protect marriage and the family under American law.

AFM staff have received threatening phone calls. We also recently received a package from a lesbian activist containing stained Kotex pads along with a letter attacking AFM for our efforts to protect marriage. We are now in the process of working with both the phone company and postal investigators in response to these incidents.

Needless to say, these incidents are a reminder of the fact that many of those who are seeking to destroy marriage and the family in America are filled with a rage and hatred toward anyone who effectively opposes them.

These incidents are also a reminder of the early days of the Alliance for Marriage when our success in building a highly diverse coalition -- including major leaders from communities of color -- drew the anger of gay activists. At the time, one gay activist organization decided to target Walter Fauntroy and his family with threatening phone calls intended to intimidate him into withdrawing his support for our cause. This hate campaign was subsequently documented by a number of media outlets.

As AFM faces a new wave of hatred for our success in advancing our Marriage Amendment to the center of American public debate, I thought I would share the following quotation from Maggie Gallagher, a nationally syndicated columnist who covered this earlier effort to use harassment in order to silence our movement:

The demonization and harassment of Fauntroy is consistent with the ongoing attempt by certain gay organizations to shut down debate over this dangerous transformation that the courts are wreaking on our marriage laws. Increasingly, gay activists are the self-righteous zealots, stigmatizing any disagreement with their point of view, no matter how reasoned and civil.

In the civil rights movement, it was the racial bigots who engaged in such name-calling. In the gay marriage movement, it is increasingly the advocates of gay marriage who claim the right to hate and stigmatize Americans who have a different point of view.

In the face of such hatred, AFM will continue to make progress for two simple reasons. First, our movement is founded upon a fundamental social truth that is shared by the vast majority of Americans of every race, color and creed. Second, our movement is committed to overcoming anger and hatred with good.

AFM is following in the authentic footsteps of the civil rights movement. And this is the reason that we shall overcome.

Thank you for standing with us as we mobilize Americans -- in all of their diversity -- around the shared dream of seeing more children raised in a home with a mother and a father.

Matt Daniels, J.D., Ph.D.
Founder and President

In the civil rights movement, it was the racial bigots who engaged in such name-calling. In the gay marriage movement, it is increasingly the advocates of gay marriage who claim the right to hate and stigmatize Americans who have a different point of view.

Wow! I guess they haven't seen any of your posts, huh, Pale?

both sides attack each other, too bad that the minority of both sides can't use anything other than vulgar and vile statements and objects.

DKSuddeth said:
both sides attack each other, too bad that the minority of both sides can't use anything other than vulgar and vile statements and objects.

"Homosexuality" and "lesbianism" is vulgar and vile in itself, without even going into the perverted details of what they engage in sexualy.

One side protects what is moral and decent. The other pushes to have unnatural and psychologically sick behavior to be accepted as normal.

Who's right and who's wrong here is as simple as day and night.

No argument based upon verifiable harm to others has been posted here, or anywhere else I've seen, for barring same-gender couples from the institution of marriage. They've all been rooted in the same, fundamentally flawed arguments, used to uphold the anti-miscegenation laws that were only finally struck down in 1969. The only difference is the object of the arguments has changed from race to sexual orientation.

Bullypulpit said:
No argument based upon verifiable harm to others has been posted here, or anywhere else I've seen, for barring same-gender couples from the institution of marriage. They've all been rooted in the same, fundamentally flawed arguments, used to uphold the anti-miscegenation laws that were only finally struck down in 1969. The only difference is the object of the arguments has changed from race to sexual orientation.

You sure make this easy pulit...

"Homosexuality" and "lesbianism" is vulgar and vile in itself, without even going into the perverted details of what they engage in sexualy.

One side protects what is moral and decent. The other pushes to have unnatural and psychologically sick behavior to be accepted as normal.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Bullypulpit said:

No proof has been given that would satisfy you that homosexuality and marriage don't belong together. We don't need to satisfy you. All that matters is what we believe and how we vote when the time comes. I have no desire to prove to you that vile, disgusting behavior is detrimental to society.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Pale Rider said:
That is only YOUR opinion, and while that opinion is certainly shared with a great many people, its still just an opinion.
Pale Rider said:
so ridicule, violence, and discrimination are satisfactory weapons as long as you think you're 'in the right'? :bs1:

Pale Rider said:
Who's right and who's wrong here is as simple as day and night.
simple rules for simple minds.

i've never seen a bunch of homosexuals beat somebody up, but i'll be damned if i haven't seen on too many occassions a bunch of idiot heterosexuals beat the crap out of a gay guy/gal.

i don't see homosexuals using the bible to preach hatred of other kinds of people, as some of these anti-gay people.

i don't see homosexuals persecuting straight people, but i see a whole lot of heterosexuals doing that to gay people.

i've never seen homosexual students make fun of a straight student, but i saw on too many occasions where a gay student was harrassed, bullied and had his life made miserable because he was gay.

i will never take seriously the claims of fright and fear from hate mongers who should be more worried about the fact that God doesn't forget those who preach hatred of others in HIS name.

NATO AIR said:
i've never seen a bunch of homosexuals beat somebody up, but i'll be damned if i haven't seen on too many occassions a bunch of idiot heterosexuals beat the crap out of a gay guy/gal.

you obviously have never been a missionary in san fransisco. Just to let you know stoning has not gone out of style.

DKSuddeth said:
That is only YOUR opinion, and while that opinion is certainly shared with a great many people, its still just an opinion.

It's more than "just an opinion" DK. It's the truth. If the truth hurts bad in this case, it's not my fault.

DKSuddeth said:
So ridicule, violence, and discrimination are satisfactory weapons as long as you think you're 'in the right'?

I don't condone violence or discrimination. However ridicule is just an uncomfortable part of life that EVERYONE puts up with at some point or another. You either rise above it, or fire it back. Your choice.

NATO AIR said:

You can't say it's "never" happened just because "you" haven't "seen" it. They may not be the most violent group in America, but they sure are the most pushy and flambouyant. They like to march in huge parades, all the while engaged in disgusting and lude acts. Oh yes... lovely bunch. :suck:

NATO AIR said:
i don't see homosexuals using the bible to preach hatred of other kinds of people, as some of these anti-gay people.

How could they possibly? The Bible is full of passages proclaiming God's word AGAINST homosexuality. It's pretty clear God dislikes gays. He speaks of their blood being upon them and their death. And I don't "hate" queers. That's God's job. I just "hate" what they do. It's sick, perverted and unnatural. It gives me the creeps.

NATO AIR said:
i don't see homosexuals persecuting straight people, but i see a whole lot of heterosexuals doing that to gay people.

"Persucuting"? I haven't seen any persecutions...

NATO AIR said:
i've never seen homosexual students make fun of a straight student, but i saw on too many occasions where a gay student was harrassed, bullied and had his life made miserable because he was gay.

What do you think the show "QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY" is all about? It's a put down on "straight guys".

NATO AIR said:
i will never take seriously the claims of fright and fear from hate mongers who should be more worried about the fact that God doesn't forget those who preach hatred of others in HIS name.

It's God himself that speaks against the queers. Read the Bible.

Pale Rider said:
It's more than "just an opinion" DK. It's the truth. If the truth hurts bad in this case, it's not my fault.
Just because YOU say its the truth, certainly does not make it the truth. Just because a GROUP says its the truth, does not make it the truth. Truth is an absolute, not something that you can point at and say 'thats the truth'.

nakedemperor said:
Pale, I find it very amusing that you, the champion of anti-gay slurs, the megaphone-toting, vulgar, abusive poster, are criticizing the gay alliances for being bigots and crude, etc. It is the height of hypocrisy.

Cute spin twinkle toes. But the crux of things are, it pretty obvious I am boisterous and outspoken with my disgust of your vulgar and unnatural lifestyle.

I simply pointed out that YOUR people do the same. "THAT" makes "THEM" the hypocrits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back