All Those Progressive Cities -

brokeback mountain
gi9o63ghu7a21.png
Was that before or after the "I wish I could Quit You" scene?

Huh? Oh, you actually watched that movie ... :auiqs.jpg:

That's from the movie? I never saw it. I just knew it was about gay cowboys.

But thanks for confirming you have. I imagine guy-on-guy action is a hobby of yours.

You quoted it well.

I haven't seen it, for no reason other than the subject matter doesn't interest me. But I am aware of the quote through other venues and comedy routines.

I have used it in a comedic sense. It cracks up fellow heteros.

Maybe they saw the movie. I dunno.

Which large cities are not progressive?

I don't think Oklahoma City , Virginia Beach or Colorado Springs are that liberal. But you have a good point, most of the bigger cities are very deeply infested.

Here's an OK City cop raiding a homeless encampment:

upload_2019-1-13_22-36-13.png

Progressive/conservative has nothing to do with the problem of homelessness.

I don't think Oklahoma City , Virginia Beach or Colorado Springs are that liberal. But you have a good point, most of the bigger cities are very deeply infested.

Here's an OK City cop raiding a homeless encampment:

View attachment 240048

Progressive/conservative has nothing to do with the problem of homelessness.

Back in the day, these folks were called "drifters"- when did they get rebranded and glorified as "The Homeless", as if they accomplished something?

Dallas, Texas

Dallas doesn't have homeless?

Oh wait, yes they do.

Dallas is also extremely progressive, Mrs. Clinton carried the county hugely, including support from the distinguished Bush Family which is now well loved by liberals.

Many of the homeless are mentally ill. Even if they build a place for them to stay they still may balk. One of the issues we have is that at one time we had psychiatric institutions to place these people in. The most dangerous need to be. But it became very expensive and controversial for the individual placed in these facilities. Anyway, President Kennedy signed into law the eventual closing of these long term institutions and by the late 1980's or so most were shut down. The homeless grew in the streets. There are homeless who like it also among the rest who fell down in their luck.

Many of the homeless are mentally ill. Even if they build a place for them to stay they still may balk. One of the issues we have is that at one time we had psychiatric institutions to place these people in. The most dangerous need to be. But it became very expensive and controversial for the individual placed in these facilities. Anyway, President Kennedy signed into law the eventual closing of these long term institutions and by the late 1980's or so most were shut down. The homeless grew in the streets. There are homeless who like it also among the rest who fell down in their luck.

The invention of new medications like Thorazine and Haldol alsomade it a lot more practical for many psychotics to remain at home instead of institutionalization.

Link says nothing about political affiliations. It identifies high rent cities--i.e. where more than 32% of income is spent on rent--as the culprit.

The problem with these high rent cities is that they don't offer any options for low rent kind of people. If someone owns a trailer and they want to move to Manhattan, they are screwed. The city owns a huge vacant lot near Columbus Circle, which could be re-purposed to hold thousands of double wides and provide diversity as well as low rent options for people who want to live in New York.

My point precisely.

So it's not a function of being progressive, it's a function of being a large city.

It is the function of your policies that cause many to be homeless in life.

Link says nothing about political affiliations. It identifies high rent cities--i.e. where more than 32% of income is spent on rent--as the culprit.

The problem with these high rent cities is that they don't offer any options for low rent kind of people. If someone owns a trailer and they want to move to Manhattan, they are screwed. The city owns a huge vacant lot near Columbus Circle, which could be re-purposed to hold thousands of double wides and provide diversity as well as low rent options for people who want to live in New York.

And?

And?

If we put pressure on guys like DeBlasio to open vacant land in their cities for trailer park development, the cities would become a lot more affordable for the average Joe Twelvepack that might want to move there.

And?

If we put pressure on guys like DeBlasio to open vacant land in their cities for trailer park development, the cities would become a lot more affordable for the average Joe Twelvepack that might want to move there.

That might work. A raging liberal like DeBlasio would probably jump at the chance to put the government smack dab in the middle of the free market. Might face some stiff opposition from Republicans, but there aren't many of them around there.

Dallas, Texas

Dallas doesn't have homeless?

Oh wait, yes they do.

I answered your question.

I said nothing about the homeless.
The OP was about homelessness

Forum List

Back