All Americans—whether brown, white, or black—should be required to carry a passport..

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Dante, May 17, 2010.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Immigration and IDs: A Modest Proposal

Why All Americans Should Carry ID Papers - Christopher Dickey - Newsweek.com

Last week, I read this with great interest. It is an interesting take on things.

Why support this guy's idea as opposed to the ideas of others? He doesn't fall in to racist or xenophobic traps.

but I think it fails to address what would happen at traffic stop. unless of course a national ID was needed to get a state driver's license. the states get to make those rules. then there is the situation of unlicensed drivers on the roads.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    U.S. Passport Card – "This is a limited-use international travel document valid for entry into the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, per the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. It is not valid for international air travel." -Newsweek

and...

-Newsweek

3. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    New Immigration Laws: Please be certain to read to the bottom or you will miss the message...

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.
    2. All ballots will be in this nation's language..
    3.. All government business will be conducted in our language.
    4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
    5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office
    6 Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.
    7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
    8. If foreigners come here and buy land... options will be restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
    9. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.
    10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted and when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.

Too strict ???

The above laws are current immigration laws of MEXICO!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    'At a minimum all Americans should be required to have one of the wallet-sized passport cards issued by the feds. They cost $20 if you've had a regular passport before, $45 if you haven't. Foreign citizens with United States Permanent Resident Cards, which have recently been redesigned and made more secure would only need to show those.'

Do you people not know that our driver's license serves as a 'passport'???? Why do you think that they are not issued easily??? It is OUR form of ID. You HAVE to carry some form of ID on you - if you don't drive, then you still get some form of ID issued by the Motor Vehicle Dept. Students carry school ID cards with their picture on them. It is a necessity and not a luxury!!!

5. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    :) The vast majority of Americans will never need a passport becuase they will never leave the borders of their own country.

6. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    It is not law, you idiot. That is what we were talking about. You do NOT have to carry ID with you.

If you actually read the article or even the OP you'd see the arguments...
    :eusa_whistle:

7. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Where in the message did you read the word LAW??? It's a NECESSITY!!!! If you have any kind of sense, you SHOULD and WOULD carry some form of ID with you!! Idiot.....

8. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    In the context of an argument about carrying ID, 'necessity' sounds an awful like 'it's the law'

your hysterical response is typical of people who think typing on a computer is equivalent to writing a term paper. we were discussing ID laws and in a discussion the rules are different than Thesis writing. :eek:

Should?

It is your desire for a Nanny State where people should carry ID that creeps me out.

If a person pays cash and does not live on credit (like the big bad government does) there is no need to carry an ID in ones every day life.

9. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    And it's dumbnuts like you who when involved in a life or death situation and when NO ID is found in your miserable body, dead or alive, you make the work of many a nightmare. You creep me out. You might want to use your dictionary more often to look up the meaning of words. Necessity vs law = like night and day. :eusa_hand:

10. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    Everyone in my family has a identification and to get one a birth certificate is needed. My 21 year old downs syndrome grand daughter has one. I don't drive and I have one.
    Even Spot has one. If he is picked up, I have to prove he belongs.

Why should illegal aliens not to have an identification? What so special about them?

Last edited: May 20, 2010