All abandon the Ensign Ship!

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Senate Republican Leader Silent on Ensign - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

“I really don’t have any observations to make about the Ensign matter,’’ Mr. McConnell said at a morning press conference when he was asked repeatedly about the conduct and standing of Mr. Ensign, a Nevada Republican. “Senator Ensign continues to serve. He’s a member of the Finance Committee, been active in the discussions there.”

While not criticizing Mr. Ensign, Mr. McConnell also did not mount a defense or a show of support for the former member of the party leadership. As a former member of the ethics committee who participated in some high-profile cases, Mr. McConnell is not one to get too far out on a matter like Mr. Ensign’s situation until he sees all the facts and assesses the political climate.

Even though he showed clearly that he would not talk about Mr. Ensign, Mr. McConnell was asked three times about his colleague as reporters changed the question in an effort to elicit a response. On the final try, Mr. McConnell was pressed on how Mr. Ensign’s activities reflected on the “image and the credibility of the Republicans.”

“Well, at the risk of being redundant,” he said. “I really don’t have anything to add about the newspaper article that was in The New York Times today.”

And now Jon Kyl this morning:

Think Progress » Jon Kyl Refuses To Defend John Ensign In Midst Of Ethics Scandal

It's like watching the titanic, it's going to sink, the only matter is when and who's going to sink with it? My money's on Coburn considering he was the go-between.

Of course. Dismantling the Constitutional makeup of our government is the correct way to stop corruption.

:cuckoo:

Of course. Dismantling the Constitutional makeup of our government is the correct way to stop corruption.

Our constitution needs to be changed.

The Senate is the source of most of our problems.

Just like when the constitution counted black people as "three fifths of a person."

I don't see what the big deal is....Serial tax evader Charlie Rangel not only is still in congress, he's also still the Chairman of Ways and Means.

Ah yes, two wrongs make a right huh Dude? :eusa_eh:

Just like when the constitution counted black people as "three fifths of a person."
Brain dead fifth columnist fucks like you are the source of most of out problems, Monica.

The people who inhabit our halls of power need to be voted out of office and people of real character need to be voted in. There is in fact, nothing wrong with our Constitution in any way.

If you had happened to be standing in front of Me when you made that statement, you would now need medical services. It is lucky for you that you were not.

My oaths to defend the Constitution of the United States is still in effect.

You sir are an enemy of the United States.

I don't see what the big deal is....Serial tax evader Charlie Rangel not only is still in congress, he's also still the Chairman of Ways and Means.

Ah yes, two wrongs make a right huh Dude? :eusa_eh:
No, I find the irony of the hypocrisy of bedwetting left quite amusing.

I'll take this one seriously when Rangel is asked to resign.

The people who inhabit our halls of power need to be voted out of office and people of real character need to be voted in. There is in fact, nothing wrong with our Constitution in any way.

If you had happened to be standing in front of Me when you made that statement, you would now need medical services. It is lucky for you that you were not.

Hardly.

The Senate is the most undemocratic institution there is.

It takes the power from the people and gives it to a small backward minority.

Hardly.

The Senate is part of the structure of our Government as set forth by the Constitution. To actively want to do away with it is to actively wish to dismantle our country. There is no getting around that.

Hardly.

The Senate is part of the structure of our Government as set forth by the Constitution. To actively want to do away with it is to actively wish to dismantle our country. There is no getting around that.

We have the right within the constitution to change the constitution.

To say otherwise is against the constitution.

SO, YOU SIR ARE AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION!

TRAITOR!

Hardly.

TRAITOR!
Liar.

You CANNOT amend the structure of the Government. Fucking idiot.

TRAITOR!
Liar.

Busted you as a traitor.

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!

I can just see the Senate voting to amend the constitution to do away with the Senate...

What a fucking tool.

TRAITOR!
Liar.

Busted you as a traitor.

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!
LOL

Supporting and defending the Constitution is traitorous only to the enemies of the United States.

Too bad you were able to procreate.

Forum List

Back