All 41 GOP Senators Promise To Delay Financial Reform

We can argue economics until the cows come home, but I agree that the GOP needs a reasonable, conservative program, then have the nerve to stick to it.
Shuddap, you poseur.

I keep forgetting, rightwad, that you are not Republican, but I am, and I agree with you on that point. Don't like it because you, a loon, is right on occassion, tuff luck! :lol:

Corporate slaves are much better off?

What corporations can put one in jail?

One is always free to change jobs. Changing countries is not quite as easy.

It's also quite offensive to equate getting paid for work with a statist regime infringing upon one's liberty.

Corporate slaves are much better off?

What corporations can put one in jail?

One is always free to change jobs. Changing countries is not quite as easy.

It's also quite offensive to equate getting paid for work with a statist regime infringing upon one's liberty.

LOL, Corporations operate jails.
They have the govt give them customers. What better deal?

Please provide any evidence that a corporation disciplined an employee by incarcerating that person.

Please provide any evidence that a corporation disciplined an employee by incarcerating that person.

Corproate lobbyists?

In any case study Monsanto and genetically modified Soy beans.
Mega Corps prefer to just use the courts to shut you down.
I have no problem with individial small corps.
within a few years if you raise soybeans in the USA you WILL buy your seeds from Monsanto because of cross pollentation of their crops with the unmodified ones.

An ex Monsanto lawyer now in the supreme court enabled this and penned the majority decision.

Last edited:
Quote: Originally Posted by boedicca Please provide any evidence that a corporation disciplined an employee by incarcerating that person.

The female employee who complained about rape and the company, Halliburton, held her against her will?

Last edited:
The Dems' attacks are not desperate, despite your hope; yes, the GOP needs to act intelligently; no, the GOP health care reforms were far too late and much too less to run on.

Good thing you weren't advising Sen Scott Brown (R-MA "Kennedy Seat")

Some GOP senators were holding out for perks in their states. Not admirable but something many legislators of all parties do.

Update:

The GOP has caved on blocking the financial reform bill. I guess someone dope-slapped some sense into them.

Did you really expect anything different?

If so, you have not been paying attention to politics for long.

Some GOP senators were holding out for perks in their states. Not admirable but something many legislators of all parties do.

Guess they learned something from the way that Nancy got Health Care Reform passed.

Immie

Update:

The GOP has caved on blocking the financial reform bill. I guess someone dope-slapped some sense into them.

Geeze, when the obstruct your all over the GOP because they are the party of no. When they do the right thing and vote for a debate, they cave huh?

Spoken like a left wing loon, ny.

I gave them credit for acquiring some sense, what more do you want?:lol:

Did the entire GOP representation vote for debate now, or was it just a few? If the former, then Meister is the loon here.

Sen. Richard Shelby, the top Republican on the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee, predicted all 41 Republican senators would vote to delay...a deal.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said he didn't expect the bill...would go forward. "We want to make sure that they don't have...financial services... health care," McConnell said on " Fox News Sunday."
-latimes.com

Why did the GOP want Americans to go without Health Care Reform, and why do they now want America to go backwards without any financial reform for a better American economy?

They want power. Power over ideology and over duty, honor, and country. :evil:

How are they doing? Has the GOP done anything---anything at all, to make life better for the average American?

:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Does this mean they intend to vote NO???

I am shocked

Quote: Originally Posted by boedicca Please provide any evidence that a corporation disciplined an employee by incarcerating that person.

The female employee who complained about rape and the company, Halliburton, held her against her will?

Compare that with the number of people in prison in the U.S. There is also an alternate view that the company was trying to protect her from further assault in a foreign country.

See the difference?

A Financial Reform Bill which doesn't include Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is not a sincere effort.

Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back