"Aliens"

I see a lot of alien gibberish on this section.
Stop watching history channels "ancient aliens". Like everything else on that station, it's conspiracy theory garbage.
We are alone because the Holy Bible doesn't mention space invaders. The earth is unique

I don't believe in most of the stuff we hear about extra terrestrial life but your "logic" is sadly lacking.

Your bible doesn't mention computers either but there you are - typing out silly nonsense on one.

I wouldn't doubt if there were other life forms out there. Just think of how vast the universe is. Is it even possible that we could be the ONLY planet with life? I'm doubtful, especially considering that we haven't even BEGUN to explore space in reality. We've only been able to explore a VERY small piece.

Where are they? We should start examining all the sand on every beach because there is so much sand there has to be intelligent life living on one of those grains of sands. It just odds.

What are you talking about? :cuckoo:

Think about the argument that just because there are billions of stars there should be life on other star systems. Whether or not I agree we could project that to mean that if there is billions of anything then life statistically should be found on one or more of that substance. There are billions of grains of sand, so life statistically be found on at least one grain of sand. But we know that isn't going to happen.

Until there is concrete proof of alien life all we can really say is there is none.

Stop watching history channels "ancient aliens". Like everything else on that station, it's conspiracy theory garbage.
We are alone because the Holy Bible doesn't mention space invaders. The earth is unique

I don't believe in most of the stuff we hear about extra terrestrial life but your "logic" is sadly lacking.

Your bible doesn't mention computers either but there you are - typing out silly nonsense on one.

I wouldn't doubt if there were other life forms out there. Just think of how vast the universe is. Is it even possible that we could be the ONLY planet with life? I'm doubtful, especially considering that we haven't even BEGUN to explore space in reality. We've only been able to explore a VERY small piece.

Where are they? We should start examining all the sand on every beach because there is so much sand there has to be intelligent life living on one of those grains of sands. It just odds.

Think about the argument that just because there are billions of stars there should be life on other star systems. Whether or not I agree we could project that to mean that if there is billions of anything then life statistically should be found on one or more of that substance. There are billions of grains of sand, so life statistically be found on at least one grain of sand. But we know that isn't going to happen.

Until there is concrete proof of alien life all we can really say is there is none.

Yes, and life does exist on every grain of sand. Bacteria and other such things that cannot be seen with the eye are also life forms.

It doesnt matter how much of it we explore,it'll always be a very small piece.

I think they actually did discover something on Mars. It's pretty fascinating to think that there could be life or once was life on another planet, IMO. :)

There just might be life on Mars....Nasa Curiosity rover picks up mysterious methane burps that could possibly be coming from alien organisms - Science - News - The Independent

The "coffin" on Mars, photographed by the Mars rover in October 2012. UFO buffs want it investigated further, but NASA isn't going to turn the rover around and backtrack many miles.

Coffin Discovery on Mars Why Mars Rovers Diminishing Memory May Be A Problem for NASA SPACE Science Times

coffin-on-mars.jpg

"Once the door swings open into Space , and I am already waiting in disguise Is it just a thorn between my eyes?Waiting in our boats to set sail. Sea of joy"

So if by our going or "someone's coming, it's contact.

Albert A. Harrison Communicating Across the Cosmos

"Albert A. Harrison, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Psychology at the University of California, Davis. He is the author or co-author of over 100 papers in a wide range of journals, and his books on space exploration and astrobiology include Spacefaring: The Human Dimension; Living Aloft: Human Requirements for Extended Spaceflight (with Mary Connors and Faren Akins); After Contact: The Human Response to Extraterrestrial Life; Starstruck: Cosmic Visions in Science, Religion, and Folklore; and Civilizations Beyond Earth: Extraterrestrial Life and Society (with Douglas A. Vakoch)."

Interesting abstract of one of Dr. Harrison's presentations at the link above.

But he's gone.

Albert Harrison 1940 - 2015 SETI Institute

Albert Harrison, 1940 - 2015
al-harrison-obit.jpg

"Albert (Al) Harrison, a psychologist who explored the societal ramifications of astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI), has died at the age of 74.

Harrison played a pivotal role in anticipating the cultural impact of discovering life beyond Earth. During the 1980s, when SETI was widely known among radio astronomers but not among social scientists, Harrison began to create synergy between the two worlds. His book After Contact: The Human Response to Extraterrestrial Life examined the contributions that psychologists can bring to SETI, as he sought to identify characteristics of cultures that may be universal throughout the Galaxy. Harrison was also a leader in understanding the psychological demands of living in space, authoring numerous books and papers on the topic."

Al and I were classmates too many years ago. We lost touch in recent years but for some reason yesterday he and his wife kept coming back to mind. Didn't learn until today about his passing. Maybe he's still trying to communicate.

obama-ufo1.jpg

"Ancient Aliens" isn't conspiracy theory garbage - it isn't that credible. :)

Bible actually does mention aliens. Throughout. If God created the Earth, He obviously can't be from the Earth. What dya call someone or something who isn't from here?

More than that obvious fact, there's mention of a star system called Meroz in the Tanach which is widely accepted as being an alien star system.

"Question:

Someone told me that according to Judaism, human beings are the only conscious beings in the universe. Is there any basis to this?
Response:

Certainly not! ...

Sources in Torah

The Lubavitcher Rebbe pointed out that there is support in Torah for the notion that life exists on other planets. Furthermore, we can know something about that life through deduction from what the Torah tells us. Here is his argument:

In the Book of Judges (5:23), Deborah the prophetess sings about the victory of Barak over Sisera. In her song, she says, “Cursed be Meroz! Cursed, cursed be its inhabitants, says the angel of G‑d!”

Where is Meroz, and who are its inhabitants? The Talmud gives two explanations, one of them being that Meroz is a star or planet. The heavenly bodies had also come to help the Israelites, as Deborah stated just one verse earlier, “From the heavens they fought, the stars from their orbits . . .” This star, however, which was the dominant star of Sisera, apparently did not come to their aid. And so, General Barak penalized Meroz—and its inhabitants."

Is There Life on Other Planets - The Jewish view on UFOs aliens and extraterrestrial intelligence - Questions Answers

Forum List

Back