Alex paying the piper

Astrostar

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2017

As so many who file bankruptcy do, Alex is trying to wipe out as many liabilities as he can. Of course, being the aggressive liar that he is, he will most likely try to hide as many assets as he can. Hopefully, the judge in charge of his case, along with the creditors, will search thoroughly and find things of value.

Alex tried to and succeeded at making piles of money off the suffering of moms and dads who lost children in the mass school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school. He is the lowest of the low and hopefully will wind up in the poor house.

As so many who file bankruptcy do, Alex is trying to wipe out as many liabilities as he can. Of course, being the aggressive liar that he is, he will most likely try to hide as many assets as he can. Hopefully, the judge in charge of his case, along with the creditors, will search thoroughly and find things of value.

Alex tried to and succeeded at making piles of money off the suffering of moms and dads who lost children in the mass school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school. He is the lowest of the low and hopefully will wind up in the poor house.
I encourage Alex Jones In his future endeavors...

Jones speaks no worse than Progs. It's just that Progs have been legitimized. All of those Prog media and entertainers are not held to the same standard as Jones.

I dislike Jones. And I believe he was legitimately found to have lied his ass off.

I nevertheless believe the awarded judgment amount is absolutely stupid. Unjustifiable. Basically legal madness.

Bankruptcy is going to be a very bitter pill for him. Part of me doesn’t care because I don’t like him. But part of me wishes that a rational monetary judgment could have been awarded.

why do you think he would pay a lesser amount? BackAgain
Because this award is absurd.

Put aside for now all arguments about free speech, because I guess libel and slander laws weren’t really included in that concept originally.

Instead, just consider that the actual purpose of libel and slander suits is to help make the victims of a defendant’s false and defamatory word “whole” again in some way. The hurt Alex Jones caused with his imbecile vile lies Is not denied.

But when you put a dollar figure on such a thing, it isn’t supposed to be like winning a lottery. Again, the idea is to make the victims “whole.”

My point is that these dollar amounts awarded don’t serve that purpose. Not even remotely. Here, it seems, the jury award was instead designed to financially ruin the defendant. It was more an award to inflict damage on the defendant than it was to help provide a true measure of justice to the victims.

BackAgain and yet you didnt answer the question....do you think he would have paid a lower amount?
Actually, I kind of did answer the question, although it’s a fairly plodding and irrelevant question.

Obviously. Even with bankruptcy he will still be owing his creditors something on the dollar.

Is there any incentive to “pay” an unjustifiably massive damages award? Not really. Tone that shit down, though, and maybe the incentive to pay gets better — and with it maybe comes some overdue contrition.

he would never pay regardless of the amount...i agree the billions was rather odd but nothing will make these families whole?
He might never willingly pay. But if the award was rational and reasonable, he surely would have been forced to pay.

How could any amount ever make the victims of that tragedy “whole?” Under any circumstances, a financial judgment for this kind of case is a piss poor approximation of justice. That is unavailable. But since it’s all we’ve got, we tend to stick with it.

And he is man enough to do just that. Frosts your balls when people with convictions speak their minds, doesn't it?

Alex Jones is what he is.

As are his followers.

Fi-JjoLWYAceJ8r

I would suggest that the creditors list is examined.

My experience is that these low quality types tend to stuff the list with friends and associates in order to reduce.their liability.

Its an old trick but still in use.

Jones' victims were not harmed in any meaningful way. They were made to feel uncomfortable. O Mi Gawd. There are no actual damages. In fact, they were more damaged by the legal proceedings, and they will be more damaged by their lawyers than Jones ever did.

Bankruptcy was the inevitable result, but bankruptcy does not cause complete financial ruination, and at times is a net benefit, which it is intended to be. Any money he earns from the moment of discharge will be his alone, with the "victims" having no further claims on him.

To the extent that Jones' assets are taken and liquidated, the actual victims will get bupkis. It will ALL be taken up in lawyers' fees and expenses.

Jones is an A-hole, but this whole thing is a sick joke.

Jones has only himself to blame.

What makes Jones a true idiot was his motive for contriving the hoax and lying about the mass shooting: the ridiculous, baseless, wrongheaded fear that because of Sandy Hook there would be a ‘new’ assault weapon ‘ban,’ when in fact no such ‘ban’ would ever come about.

Jones' victims were not harmed in any meaningful way. They were made to feel uncomfortable. O Mi Gawd. There are no actual damages. In fact, they were more damaged by the legal proceedings, and they will be more damaged by their lawyers than Jones ever did.

Bankruptcy was the inevitable result, but bankruptcy does not cause complete financial ruination, and at times is a net benefit, which it is intended to be. Any money he earns from the moment of discharge will be his alone, with the "victims" having no further claims on him.

To the extent that Jones' assets are taken and liquidated, the actual victims will get bupkis. It will ALL be taken up in lawyers' fees and expenses.

Jones is an A-hole, but this whole thing is a sick joke.
‘Alissa Parker, who broke down on the witness stand Wednesday when describing the one thing her husband Robbie Parker and their slain daughter Emilie Parker had in common was their kindness, was more emotional still when she recounted her suffering at her daughter’s funeral, where she was worried about interference from Sandy Hook deniers who were already harassing her family.

“The words people were using were so scary and horrific about my sweet daughter…they were saying ‘watch your back’ and ‘we’re coming after you,’” Alissa Parker said through heavy tears. “I was so worried. We just shut down. We were zombies. I don’t remember what was said at the funeral. They stole that from me.”

“Has the anxiety, the fear and the concern ever gone away?” asked the families’ attorney Josh Koskoff.

“No, never,” Parker said. “It’s still there.”’

Tell us again how Jones' victims were not harmed in any meaningful way.

Conservatives are unmitigated scum.

This lawsuit against Jones opens the Pandora box. If Alex is on the hook to pay so much money for defamation, and misinformation, I am expecting to see lawsuits against MSM media, CDC, FDA and bit tech for doing the same thing.

Forum List

Back