Alex Baldwin vindicated

It was an open and shut prima facie case of negligent homicide that any idiot attorney could have won. He held the gun, the gun fired killing an innocent person. By his own admission he had not inspected the weapon to ensure that it was safe beforehand. Negligent homicide, plain and simple.

Thank you for that assessment Perry Mason. Except that isn't what constitutes negligent homicide. I'd ask for a refund on that law degree, Bucko.

Hahahahahahaha. Guns don't "go off by" themselves. Ludicrous!

The DA is saying that the gun had been modified and it would go off by itself. This was also confirmed by the armorer.

Quite honestly it's just an awful tragedy for everyone involved. I am not in any way invested in any of the hate. The MAGA Cult has gone batshit crazy over making sure Baldwin is punished because he mocked Trump.

The cruelty is a feature, not a bug.

Last edited:
Thank you for that assessment Perry Mason. Except that isn't what constitutes negligent homicide. I'd ask for a refund on that law degree, Bucko.

The DA is saying that the gun had been modified and it would go off by itself. This was also confirmed by the armorer.

Quite honestly it's just an awful tragedy for everyone involved. I am not in any way invested in any of the hate. The MAGA Cult has gone batshit crazy over making sure Baldwin is punished because he mocked Trump.

The cruelty is a feature, not a bug.
Funny that the gun didn't "go off by itself" until it was in Baldwin's hand. It didn't go off while sitting on a table or in a box. Only when Baldwin had his finger on the trigger. But I give folks credit for using their vivid imaginations.

Funny that the gun didn't "go off by itself" until it was in Baldwin's hand. It didn't go off while sitting on a table or in a box. Only when Baldwin had his finger on the trigger. But I give folks credit for using their vivid imaginations.

How do you know that the gun had never "gone off by itself" before? We have zero information about that. It hadn't killed anybody before but we have no knowledge as to whether it had gone off before.

Assuming facts not in evidence an amateur's mistake.

How do you know that the gun had never "gone off by itself" before? We have zero information about that. It hadn't killed anybody before but we have no knowledge as to whether it had gone off before.

Because if the gun HAD every "gone off by itself" in the past ... then nobody in their right mind would continue using it. Starting to make sense now?

It sounds like Baldwin's lawyers sprung "modified trigger" on the DA at the last minute. The The DA said they couldn't proceed but he is not absolved and they will do more investigation.

That gun has a mechanical safety that should be engaged whenever the gun is not on the range. It does not impede the action of the gun and it would have prevented this shooting.

The cylinder pin has 2 positions, the safe position blocks the hammer so the firing pin cannot contact the primer.

safety.jpg

Hahahahahahaha. Guns don't "go off by" themselves. Ludicrous!

Since you won’t read. And certainly nothing more than a Tweet.

Yes they do. Remington 700, Taurus Millennium series.

Perhaps you should sign up for some classes on firearms.

Because if the gun HAD every "gone off by itself" in the past ... then nobody in their right mind would continue using it. Starting to make sense now?

Again. Remington 700.

Why is it always the RW who is so certain about so much that just isn’t so?

Again. Remington 700.

Why is it always the RW who is so certain about so much that just isn’t so?
A Remington 700 is a rifle. Baldwin murdered his coworker with a revolver.

I've been around guns all of my 63 years on earth. NEVER has a gun EVER fired itself. Only the LW would entertain such a nonsensical notion.

It's not a good day to be an Alec Baldwin hater.
Police said the movie director who handed him the prop gun told him it had no bullets in it.
Please no police bashing in this thread. Thank you.
"Alec Baldwin was handed what was described as a safe "cold gun" on the set of his movie "Rust", but the prop gun contained live rounds when it was fired, according to details of the police investigation into the fatal shooting released on Friday."
This is the official apology thread to those who bashed Alec Baldwin.
Police are worthless just like leftists.

Because guns don't just go off by themself. That's just another lie put forward by imbeciles.

As always you prove what a stupid fuck you are.John Schneider of the dukes of hazzard who is very much qualified to day this said that was criminal negligence on his part sense he knows better not to point it at an actor,he said on dukes of hazzard that the actor that played the sherif roscoe when he would yell out freeze he would take out his gun and he never pointed it at anybody ever in all those years of filming,as a guy who has done some community theater I also was told never to point a prop gun directly at an actor you fucking paid shill.

You trump haters are the asshole fags who refuse to apologize to America fir lying.
Speaking of lying. You still watch FOX news 24/7? You still believe them?

They were proven in court as liars. Trump started the Big Lie. FOX spread it.

Speaking of lying. You still watch FOX news 24/7? You still believe them?

They were proven in court as liars. Trump started the Big Lie. FOX spread it.
All the media are liars. Just like all leftists. What is the obsession you filthy liars have with fox news? You absolutely cannot stop yapping about it. You know, I don't watch any news programs, or very rarely do I watch one. Because they all lie and push an agenda. If I want to find out what's "going on" I check out places like this.

A Remington 700 is a rifle. Baldwin murdered his coworker with a revolver.

I've been around guns all of my 63 years on earth. NEVER has a gun EVER fired itself. Only the LW would entertain such a nonsensical notion.

You said that guns don’t go off by themselves. I pointed out two documented examples where they had in fact done just that.

It can especially happen with the type of hammer on the Colt Peacemaker and similar era firearms. That design allows the firing pin to rest on the Primer. You know the little dot in the middle of the cartridge? That thing is filled with pressure sensitive powder that goes bang if it is struck. Modern revolvers have a transfer bar to prevent accidental discharges.

Now, I’m sure you’ve fired every type of weapon. Oh who am I kidding. You’ve probably got a couple pistols and think you’re Rambo. One thing I am sure of is you don’t know half as much about firearms as you claim to.

That they do not do.
And therein lies the crux of the matter. The evidence WAS destroyed. There is no logical reason for destroying the gun. This isn't the first time a person has accidentally killed a person. They've handled these cases before. Supposing that you are correct--and I am not conceding that point, everyone associated with this case in that justice department in NM should be held criminally liable.
I believe you are too easily led down the garden path and that is part of the reason this country has sunk to the depths that it has.

I pointed out two documented examples where they had in fact done just that.
You are missing the point. Live ammo had no place on a movie set (1). Someone handling a gun, has an obligation to ensure that gun is safe. If Baldwin had not been negligent and checked the weapon for live ammo, the tragedy would have never occurred.

You are missing the point. Live ammo had no place on a movie set (1). Someone handling a gun, has an obligation to ensure that gun is safe. If Baldwin had not been negligent and checked the weapon for live ammo, the tragedy would have never occurred.

Now I agree that live ammo shouldn’t have been there. But you don’t understand the difference between normal gun safety and movie prop policy.

Let’s do it this way. You are Clint Eastwood on the set of Dirty Harry. You are supposed to face the camera and two handed fire two shots. The Prop Master prepares the weapon. Two blanks, you are only firing two times, and a couple dummies to represent the rounds you haven’t yet fired in the script.

Now you following normal gun safety snap the cylinder open. The prop master says hold. Resets the cylinder and hands you the gun declaring two blanks ready to go. You snap the cylinder open to check. The scene never gets filmed. You don’t act ever again.

This is why you can sometimes see the semi automatic weapons lock open on an empty mag after our Star fires a couple shots. There were only enough blanks loaded to shoot that one scene.

They don’t load a full cylinder and they don’t load a full magazine. They load just enough for the part of the scene they are filming. This is why Indiana Jones could fire twenty plus shots in the bar fight scene without any problem. He never reloaded. Speed loaders didn’t exist in real life at the time the movie was taking place. Each part filmed was prepared for that part. Pop around the corner and fire two or three rounds.

Those of us familiar with weapons and history know that Jones would have died in twenty seconds while trying to get six loose rounds into the cylinder. The Baddies would have just walked over and shot him in the head. It happened to more than a few cops. That exact scenario.

You view a firearm as a dangerous thing. And it is. But in the movies it is also a prop and treated differently. The safety practices you insist must be followed aren’t. Because if someone messes with the prop then it has to go back to the armorer to be reset for the scene.

According to Reports Baldwin was handed a weapon that was “cold”. That means empty of anything that goes boom. He is only supposed to handle the prop the way the Director and prop master tell him to.

Forum List

Back