Alert Notification

LiberalMedia

VIP Member
May 21, 2014
NC
Quick suggestion: Get rid of the alert notification pop-up in the lower left corner.

If a user wants to see alerts, they can scroll back up to the top of the page, which is made easier by the incredibly useful "scroll back up really super quick-like" button on the right side of the page, for those who are unaware that the "Home" key on your keyboard has served exactly this function for years despite its lack of popular use. Regardless, they will notice them when they refresh the page; I doubt many people here will miss the bright red box denoting new alerts.

When I'm writing a post, the last thing I want is "HEY LOL PPL R HAVIN FUN W/O U" in my face. It could just be coincidence, but the notification seems to appear most when I'm doing something in that area of the screen and it completely blocks it.

It's useful, but I agree- it's in the wrong place. Maybe scoot it over to the right side of the screen under the red "up" arrow?

Also- the unread alerts should remain highlighted. They are initially highlighted, but that soon fades out.

It's useful, but I agree- it's in the wrong place. Maybe scoot it over to the right side of the screen under the red "up" arrow?

Also- the unread alerts should remain highlighted. They are initially highlighted, but that soon fades out.

Though less vital and potentially unnecessarily complicated from an implementation standpoint, I agree with your first suggestion. I think that the read/unread alerts function is working fine; it only fades for me after I've checked them, regardless of whether or not I've actually read each alert listed.

And while you're at it, mods, could you change the leaderboard from being based on post count per month to like and/or agree count per month? This would shift value away from habitual shitposters and towards quality contributors. It may also have the side effect of cementing the equivocation of Xenforo likes to the old software's reputation system, thus filling the ego-void present in Derideo, Yurt, Stat, et al. since the transition.

Give us some porridge that is just right.

Forum List

Back