Alcoholic Mormon celebrates Yom Kippur!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
DOES HE HAVE TO POLITICIZE YOM KIPPUR, TOO?.... Here's a quick tip for Glenn Beck: Judaism's high holy days are not part of your crazed political crusade.

This afternoon, Beck wrote a Twitter message that read, "Sept. 28. Lets make it a day of Fast and Prayer for the Republic. Spread the word.Let us walk in the founders steps." [Grammatical problems in the original]

Soon after, on his radio show, Beck added, "By the way, I just thought I would put this out there, and what you do with it is your own business. But, this weekend, I put out a tweet on Twitter that September 28th is the Day of Atonement for the Jewish faith, and I thought it would be a good day for all of us to fast and pray, you know. And I got this idea from Thomas Jefferson. After they put together the Continental Congress, the first thing they did was put together a day -- a national day of fast and prayer, and I thought the Day of Atonement would be a good day to do it."

Two angles to keep in mind here. First, Beck's understanding of history is incomplete -- Jefferson was a staunch opponent of proclamations related to days of prayer and fasting. Jefferson even wrote brilliant letters about why he objected to the practice. If Beck is going to use Jefferson as an inspiration, he should at least try to understand what Jefferson was all about.

Second, and more important, Yom Kippur should not be used as an excuse for Glenn Beck to push his nonsense. "Yom Kippur is a day of atonement, prayer and fasting," Media Matters' Ari Rabin-Havt said. "Glenn Beck's attempt to politicize this holiest of days with his far right agenda is not only disgusting, but shows a profound disrespect for the Jewish people."

The Washington Monthly

Now.......I don't mind when people acknowledge and try to understand the views and beliefs of others, but this is just pure, weapons grade, BULLSHIT!

For one, Yom Kippur is NOT something that should be used politically. Second, I kinda think it's disrespectful for Beck to promote his own selfish agenda via the holiday of one of the oldest religions in the world. Mormonism is just a newborn compared to Judaism.

Does anyone else find this a bit disrespectful, as well as stupid?

Only trouble is, Blech is a Mormon, so he shouldn't even be nosing around the Jewish religion and promoting it for political purposes (especially because, like everything else, he ends up twisting it around until it becomes a lie).

I hope that every Jewish agent in the country blacklists this asshole. I've had enough of his shit and I hope he ends up broke, homeless and blowing truck drivers for candy bars and spare change.

Only trouble is, Blech is a Mormon, so he shouldn't even be nosing around the Jewish religion and promoting it for political purposes (especially because, like everything else, he ends up twisting it around until it becomes a lie).

I hope that every Jewish agent in the country blacklists this asshole. I've had enough of his shit and I hope he ends up broke, homeless and blowing truck drivers for candy bars and spare change.
...in order to give MORE ammunition to the "Jew Media" conspiracy dudes?!

I don't think so!!!

Hopefully the Anti-Defamation League will get into this. That's the equivalent of a blacklist right there.

why can't he pick another day for his holiday?
No offense but christian's need to get alittle more orginal and stop ripping stuff off from the Jews. :)

Anyone who truly believes in religious freedom should keep their religions out of their public lives.

That's the whole idea behind religious freedom. To have the freedom to express one's religious views whereever and whenever they please.

But I wouldn't expect a dumbass like you to understand that.

Anyone who truly believes in religious freedom should keep their religions out of their public lives.

That's the whole idea behind religious freedom. To have the freedom to express one's religious views whereever and whenever they please.

You're right, religious freedom means that you have the freedom to express YOUR religion.

Not bastardize some else's in the furtherance of your own fucked agenda.

But, I wouldn't expect a dumb ass like you to understand that No Load No Logic.

Still breeding farm animals? Gotten romantically involved yet? Ya fucking 'tard.

You're right, religious freedom means that you have the freedom to express YOUR religion.

Not bastardize some else's in the furtherance of your own fucked agenda. ....
I missed that part in the Constituion. You could point us all to it, right?

Blech doesn't know shit about Judaism, nor does he have any desire to learn.

Now.........based on similar attitudes where he's taken the same stand, all he's managed to do is bastardize the news story.

What the fuck makes you think that he's gonna do anything to explain, tell why, or let people know about what Yom Kippur actually is? All he's doing is using it as a stepping stone towards the furtherance of his own personal agenda.

That's not religious freedom, that is bastardization of another's beliefs. Oh wait........you Christians do that all the time.

Blech doesn't know shit about Judaism, nor does he have any desire to learn.

Now.........based on similar attitudes where he's taken the same stand, all he's managed to do is bastardize the news story.

What the fuck makes you think that he's gonna do anything to explain, tell why, or let people know about what Yom Kippur actually is? All he's doing is using it as a stepping stone towards the furtherance of his own personal agenda.

That's not religious freedom, that is bastardization of another's beliefs. Oh wait........you Christians do that all the time.
So what? If he wants to bastardize any religion he has the right to free speech. Don't watch him.

Still breeding farm animals? Gotten romantically involved yet? Ya fucking 'tard.

Well it's still covered under the 1st Amendment, remember, the part about freedom of speech.

There is also this little thing called "freedom of speech" which gives Beck or anyone the right to bastardize any religion they want for whatever reason they want. Are you this protective of religious rights when Christians are getting hammered?

You're insults are straight off an elementary school playground. You're momma must be proud!

Last edited:
Seriously...

If Beck is misrepresenting someone's religion, then a "major" rabbi, or at least his local rabbi, should invite him over to either discuss things, or lay down the law and educate him on the truths of Judaism...that simple.

Forum List

Back