Alcoholic Mormon celebrates Yom Kippur!

does him saying that everyone should honor that Jewish holiday for our nation make it any less a holiday for the Jews?

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a matter of identity. It's the same reason the frequent Holocaust denial promoted by the right these days is deeply offensive (and something the left had a fair share of while Bush was in the White House, to be fair).
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

so, should Christians be offended if a non-Christian celebrates Christmas?

There's been absolutely no problem with people using "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."

Hey, if Blech can do this to Yom Kippur.........

I'm going trick or treating on Christmas! Makes about as much sense as the pinhead Beck.

It's a matter of identity. It's the same reason the frequent Holocaust denial promoted by the right these days is deeply offensive (and something the left had a fair share of while Bush was in the White House, to be fair).
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

There's been absolutely no problem with people using "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."
That went right over your head.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

i dont have that problem, i use that myself when i know the religion of the person i say it to is pagan
and i will wish known Jews a Happy Hanukkah

Since when is the Day of Atonement not a holiday for Christians?

really? since when is it?
Some protestants practice it on the same day as Yom Kippur. I don't know which ones, though - Church of God, or something like that.

Hold the fuck on a minute.............most Christians that I've seen on this board (as well as off) have always stated that the Jews can't get into Heaven because they don't believe in Jesus.

Now they want to claim a Jewish holiday? Give me a fucking break!

i dont have that problem, i use that myself when i know the religion of the person i say it to is pagan
and i will wish known Jews a Happy Hanukkah

i say happy holidays to anyone whose beliefs I don't know. If I know they're Christian, I say merry christmas. If they're Jewish, I say happy holidays.

My objection was always to the people who think if you don't say merry christmas to people even when you don't know their beliefs, that you're somehow killing christmas.

Some protestants practice it on the same day as Yom Kippur. I don't know which ones, though - Church of God, or something like that.

Hold the fuck on a minute.............most Christians that I've seen on this board (as well as off) have always stated that the Jews can't get into Heaven because they don't believe in Jesus.

I suggest you diversify the Christians you know. I don't care if you or anyone else gets into Heaven. I ... JUST ... DON'T .... CARE. Do your own thing, don't assume a damn thing about me, and give me the same respect to do mine. Butt out of my beliefs.

Last edited:

then the "Christians" you know are not very well versed in their own religion

Apparently you've not read some of the more notable scrawlings of the likes of Allie Baba, Charles Bass, or any of the other luminaries that we have here.

They'll tell you that if you aren't saved by Jesus, you're not getting into Heaven, and, because the Jews weren't born again through Jesus (even though they're God's Chosen People), they can't get in.

However...................

What part of Jesus was JEWISH do they not get? Additionally, it was Paul that started that particular little tidbit of information, telling people that they don't have to do anything except believe in Jesus.

Paul was also the first pope of that tower of lies known as the Catholic Church.

Apparently you've not read some of the more notable scrawlings of the likes of Allie Baba, Charles Bass, or any of the other luminaries that we have here.

They'll tell you that if you aren't saved by Jesus, you're not getting into Heaven, and, because the Jews weren't born again through Jesus (even though they're God's Chosen People), they can't get in.

What part of Jesus was JEWISH do they not get? Additionally, it was Paul that started that particular little tidbit of information, telling people that they don't have to do anything except believe in Jesus.

Paul was also the first pope of that tower of lies known as the Catholic Church.
What are you whining about?

What are you whining about?
beck said something

Forum List

Back