Alcoholic Mormon celebrates Yom Kippur!

It's a matter of identity. It's the same reason the frequent Holocaust denial promoted by the right these days is deeply offensive (and something the left had a fair share of while Bush was in the White House, to be fair).

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

so, should Christians be offended if a non-Christian celebrates Christmas?

In the commercial sense? No.
If they started claiming it as a holy day for themselves? Yes!
LOL

this shows how little you really understand

It's a matter of identity. It's the same reason the frequent Holocaust denial promoted by the right these days is deeply offensive (and something the left had a fair share of while Bush was in the White House, to be fair).

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

so, should Christians be offended if a non-Christian celebrates Christmas?

In the commercial sense? No.
If they started claiming it as a holy day for themselves? Yes!
Spare me your condescention. I am perfectly capable of figuring out when I am offended. Now, condescention offends me, so put that somewhere where I don't have to see it. Shit it on one who can't think for themselves.

You're right, religious freedom means that you have the freedom to express YOUR religion.

Not bastardize some else's in the furtherance of your own fucked agenda.

But, I wouldn't expect a dumb ass like you to understand that No Load No Logic.

Still breeding farm animals? Gotten romantically involved yet? Ya fucking 'tard.

There is also this little thing called "freedom of speech" which gives Beck or anyone the right to bastardize any religion they want for whatever reason they want. Are you this protective of religious rights when Christians are getting hammered?

You're insults are straight off an elementary school playground. You're momma must be proud!

Pot, meet kettle.

Are you implying that I insult people?!?!? You have got to be kidding!!

So what your saying is you find it offensive to fast and pray for forgiveness and the redemption of the nation on the day the Lord appointed for fasting and prayer so His people can be forgiven and the nation Redeemed?

Wow, how horrible that Glenn suggest that we join in fasting and prayer for the nation! How dare He suggest we turn to God! The outrage! the scandal!

Did someone appoint Beck as God while I was out?

Do you have to be God "to fast and pray for forgiveness and the redemption of the nation"?

Anyone who truly believes in religious freedom should keep their religions out of their public lives.

Why?

That makes exactly ZERO sense.

It wouldn't, to a tool.

Then why don't you explain what was meant by the statement your defending?

Oh because that would require individual thought and that's where you get lost.

I would call you a tool, but tools generally serve a purpose, whereas you serve no useful purpose at all.

Just a bit for education..............

Yom Kippur
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Yom kippur)
Jump to: navigation, search
"Day of Atonement" redirects here. For other uses, see Day of Atonement (disambiguation).
For the war, see Yom Kippur War.
Yom Kippur
Yom Kippur
Jews Praying in the Synagogue on Yom Kippur, by Maurycy Gottlieb (1878)
Official name Hebrew: יוֹם כִּפּוּר or יום הכיפורים
Observed by Jews
Type Jewish
Significance Soul-searching and repentance
Date 10th day of Tishrei
2008 date Sunset, October 8 – nightfall, October 9
2009 date Sunset, September 27 – nightfall, September 28
2010 date Sunset, September 17 – nightfall, September 18
Observances Fasting, prayer, abstaining from physical pleasures, refraining from work

Yom Kippur (Hebrew: יוֹם כִּפּוּר‎, IPA: [ˈjɔm kiˈpur]), also known in Hebrew as the Day of Atonement, is the most solemn and important of the Jewish holidays. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Jews traditionally observe this holy day with a 25-hour period of fasting and intensive prayer, often spending most of the day in synagogue services.

Yom Kippur is the tenth day of Tishrei. According to Jewish tradition, God inscribes each person's fate for the coming year into a "book" on Rosh Hashanah and waits until Yom Kippur to "seal" the verdict. During the Days of Awe, a Jew tries to amend his or her behavior and seek forgiveness for wrongs done against God (bein adam leMakom) and against other human beings (bein adam lechavero). The evening and day of Yom Kippur are set aside for public and private petitions and confessions of guilt (Vidui). At the end of Yom Kippur, one considers one's self absolved by God.

The Yom Kippur prayer service includes several unique aspects. One is the actual number of prayer services. Unlike a regular day, which has three prayer services (Ma'ariv, the evening prayer; Shacharit, the morning prayer; and Mincha, the afternoon prayer), or a Shabbat or Yom Tov, which have four prayer services (Ma'ariv; Shacharit; Musaf, the additional prayer; and Mincha), Yom Kippur has five prayer services (Ma'ariv; Shacharit; Musaf; Mincha; and Ne'ilah, the closing prayer). The prayer services also include a public confession of sins (Vidui) and a reenactment of the special Yom Kippur avodah (service) of the Kohen Gadol in the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

Now........here's the interesting part........don't you think that if you're going to call on someone to celebrate a holiday, they should do so in accordance with the traditions of the originators? For instance..........would you put up a haunted house during Christmas? How's about a Christmas tree to celebrate the 4th of July?

Observances

Leviticus 23:27 decrees that Yom Kippur is a strict day of rest and of fasting.

Five additional prohibitions are traditionally observed, as detailed in the Jewish oral tradition (Mishnah tractate Yoma 8:1):

1. No eating and drinking
2. No wearing of leather shoes
3. No bathing or washing
4. No annointing oneself with perfumes or lotions
5. No sexual relations

Total abstention from food and drink usually begins 30 minutes before sundown (called tosefet Yom Kippur, lit. "Addition to Yom Kippur"), and ends after nightfall the following day. Although the fast is required of all healthy adults, it is waived in the case of certain medical conditions.

Virtually all Jewish holidays involve a ritual feast, but since Yom Kippur involves fasting, Jewish law requires one to eat a large and festive meal on the afternoon before Yom Kippur, after the Mincha afternoon prayer.

Wearing white clothing, for men a Kittel, is traditional to symbolize one’s purity on this day. Many Orthodox men immerse themselves in a mikvah on the day before Yom Kippur. [1]
[edit] Eve
Main article: Kol Nidre

Erev Yom Kippur (lit. "eve [of] day [of] atonement") is the day preceding Yom Kippur, corresponding to the ninth day of the Hebrew month of Tishrei. This day is commemorated with two festive meals, the giving of charity, and asking others for forgiveness.[2]

Before sunset on Yom Kippur eve, worshippers gather in the synagogue. The Ark is opened and two people take from it two Sifrei Torah (Torah scrolls). Then they take their places, one on each side of the cantor, and the three recite:

In the tribunal of Heaven and the tribunal of earth, by the permission of God—praised be He—and by the permission of this holy congregation, we hold it lawful to pray with transgressors."

The cantor then chants the Kol Nidre prayer (Hebrew: כל נדרי) in Aramaic, not Hebrew. Its name is taken from the opening words, meaning “All vows”:

All personal vows we are likely to make, all personal oaths and pledges we are likely to take between this Yom Kippur and the next Yom Kippur, we publicly renounce. Let them all be relinquished and abandoned, null and void, neither firm nor established. Let our personal vows, pledges and oaths be considered neither vows nor pledges nor oaths.[3]

The leader and the congregation then say together three times “May all the people of Israel be forgiven, including all the strangers who live in their midst, for all the people are in fault.” The Torah scrolls are then replaced, and the customary evening service begins.
[edit] Prayer services

Many married men wear a kittel, a white robe-like garment for evening prayers on Yom Kippur otherwise used by some Orthodox males on their wedding day.[4] They also wear a tallit, as they may also do on Shabbat and on other holidays.[5] Prayer services begin with the prayer known as “Kol Nidre,” which must be recited before sunset, and continue with the evening prayers (Ma'ariv or Arvith), which includes an extended Selichot service.

The morning prayer service is preceded by litanies and petitions of forgiveness called selichot; on Yom Kippur, many selichot are woven into the liturgy of the mahzor (prayer book). The morning prayers are followed by an added prayer (Musaf) as on all other holidays. This is followed by Mincha (the afternoon prayer) which includes a reading (Haftarah) of the entire Book of Jonah, which has as its theme the story of God's willingness to forgive those who repent.

The service concludes with the Ne'ila ("closing") prayer, which begins shortly before sunset, when the "gates of prayer" will be closed. Yom Kippur comes to an end with a recitation of Shema Yisrael and the blowing of the shofar,[6] which marks the conclusion of the fast.[5]

Yom Kippur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blech didn't call for any of this.........all he said was to fast and pray only on this day in furtherance of his own fucked up agenda.

Nope........Blech fucked up, and I hope he gets his ass kicked regularly over this.

Why?

That makes exactly ZERO sense.

It wouldn't, to a tool.

I would call you a tool, but tools generally serve a purpose, whereas you serve no useful purpose at all.

From Urban Dictionary:

One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used. A fool. A cretin. Characterized by low intelligence and/or self-steem.

Now for some more vocabulary building: "Lonestar Logic" is an oxymoron. You, however, are not fit even for the oxy.

It wouldn't, to a tool.

From Urban Dictionary:

One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used. A fool. A cretin. Characterized by low intelligence and/or self-steem.

Now for some more vocabulary building: "Lonestar Logic" is an oxymoron. You, however, are not fit even for the oxy.

Like I said tools generally serve a purpose, you however don't.

What fucking purpose do YOU serve No Load/No Logic, the man who is all hat and no cattle?

Even crap serves a purpose as fertilizer. Your toxic garbage is nothing more than hazardous waste.

Oh......nice job with the mods again.

What fucking purpose do YOU serve No Load/No Logic, the man who is all hat and no cattle?

Even crap serves a purpose as fertilizer. Your toxic garbage is nothing more than hazardous waste.

I see you're serving a purpose and that is defending your boyfriend CV.

Toxic garbage and hazardous waste is pretty much the same thing.

Nice job with the mods again? You are one stupid fuck!!!

All hat and no cattle you say? hmm remember that next time you're at work flipping burgers. Chances are that beef your flipping came from A Texas cattleman.

I see you're serving a purpose and that is defending your boyfriend CV.

Toxic garbage and hazardous waste is pretty much the same thing.

Nice job with the mods again? You are one stupid fuck!!!

All hat and no cattle you say? hmm remember that next time you're at work flipping burgers. Chances are that beef your flipping came from A Texas cattleman.

No, toxic garbage is generally solid, and hazardous waste is generally liquid. Learned that in the Navy when I had to learn CNBC warfare, but, wouldn't expect a good old boy who breeds farm animals and gets romantically involved like yourself to understand that.

Flipping burgers? Nope......again.......don't have to do that as (unlike you), I wasn't a coward and actually WANTED to travel and defend my country. Unlike you, I am a real patriot.

As far as the all hat and no cattle? Woulda figured that your stupid sorry drug store cowboy ass would have gotten the reference, but, yet again, you don't fail to disappoint by demonstrating yet another high score on the ignorant scale.

As far as the other? You know what I'm talking about you whiny assed pussy. You challenge me by calling me out and telling me that you'd make me look stupid in front of my biker friends with a veiled threat.

Good job asshole, ya fucking cowardly pussy.

From Urban Dictionary:

Like I said tools generally serve a purpose, you however don't.

Thanks for coming out as an example of the demographic that the Alcoholic Mor(m)on on FauxNews is exploiting.
:clap2:

What's with all the Texas hating in this thread?

As far as oxymorons go, the biggest oxymoron of all time is a vodka martini. There's no budging me on that, so just don't even try. I'll just get bitchier.

"I'm a man, you're not!" such mature and persuasive arguments. I sure am convinced.

You don't want to fast and pray for forgiveness and redemption. Fine, you don't have to. Get over it and grow up. No one is forcing you to. No one is suggesting that anyone has to do anything. It's an idea thrown out there. You dont like it. I guess we should crucify Glenn because it will make you feel better.

I highly doubt God is going to object to people fasting and praying to Him. Course, I could be wrong. Maybe you should ask Him. However, in my experience with the Lord, I am fairly confident He will be much more upset with people who want to physically hurt their brethren or punish someone for suggesting that we pray to God.

Ben Franklin once suggested that they pray for Divine help during the Constitutional Convention. I am certainly glad you people werent there, he would have been killed for being a partisan hack.

Do you have to be God "to fast and pray for forgiveness and the redemption of the nation"?

I think the point was that he should do it on his own time and not try to usurp the holiest day on the jewish calendar.

You know, unless I was Catholic, I wouldn't celebrate mass. Blech is a Mormon, yet he's trying to tell everyone to celebrate Yom Kippur.

I wouldn't have as bad a problem with it if he had instructed people on the FULL AND PROPER way to celebrate, but, as usual, Blech is working on limited information, because it's much easier to twist around to suit your own ends that way.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and this will be the thing that gets Blech kicked off the air.

One can only hope..........

Forum List

Back