Alaska just had its hottest December ever recorded

Is there life beyond the US Northeast?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No. Hot places don't count

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Scientists don't say there's global cooling.
No they went from warming to climate change when they realized it wasn't warming. Apparently you didn't get the memo and are still clinging to old fake news. How embarrassing

We also went from flat earth to round as the science got better.
Taking a boat across the ocean = science?

If I drive to Canada is that science?
There was no scientific consensus on global cooling in the 70s. You can't say that today about climate change consensus.
Weather is cyclical. That is YOUR science.
From the tilted axis to sun storms....
Weather is not climate.

But wait. I thought the Northeast portion of the United States wa's the world!
Today I found out that Alaska (the largest US state) exists, and it just had it's hottest December ever.

"ever"? You mean since 1914 when they started keeping an official record? A hundred years is a grain of sand on the beach of this planet.

Today I found out that Alaska (the largest US state) exists, and it just had it's hottest December ever.
You may make your global warming-denying self feel better by rating the news "funny" though. Haha
Alaska sees record-high temperatures in December

But nobody is caring s0n!!

Now.........if we get a spell of 3 straight weeks of 70 degree's in Alaska in mid-January, people might pay attention. Not a moment sooner. Imagine that? Babes in bikini's riding jet ski's on a lake in central Alaska..............sweet. But other than that, nobody cares.

But for sure.......220 million folks were caring that the stores ran out of nut sack warmers in the beginning of January. The wtf? dynamic was profound. They don't care about Alaska. Nobody cares about Alaska.:bye1:

Nobody cares about climate change.......... CNN's Jeff Zucker: Climate Change Coverage Bores Our Audience | HuffPost

I’ll bet those poor frozen souls in Alaska see this as good news.

No they went from warming to climate change when they realized it wasn't warming. Apparently you didn't get the memo and are still clinging to old fake news. How embarrassing

There was no scientific consensus on global cooling in the 70s. You can't say that today about climate change consensus.
Weather is cyclical. That is YOUR science.
From the tilted axis to sun storms....
Weather is not climate.
Can't win the debate so you play semantics.

You may make your global warming-denying self feel better by rating the news "funny" though. Haha
So in the 150 years it's been recorded, it has never been this warm. Got it. What about the 4 billion years before that?

Interesting that they don't even have 100 year old temperature records, how warm was it in 1935? ?????

Dupe

Globull cooling debunked

cook didn't pick and choose words in the 1970s like he did in the 2000's to get government funding.

So in the 150 years it's been recorded, it has never been this warm. Got it. What about the 4 billion years before that?

Read the OP they start record keeping till 1936

So in the roughly 85 years then. Still, what do the libbos say about the other 4 billion years? ;)

Globull cooling debunked
Why the lying? You know damned well that we have had warming. Even Dr. Spencer at UAH has had to acknowledge that.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_December_2017_v6.jpg

UAH Global Temperature Update for December, 2017: +0.41 deg. C « Roy Spencer, PhD

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

Climate Reanalyzer

And Alaska and most of the Arctic continues to be amazingly warm.

Globull cooling debunked

Of course you don't know what science is. You are another willfully ignorant 'Conservative'. The scientific community around the world is reporting global warming that is driving climate change. You can see the affects in this nation. Two one hundred year floods in Houston followed by a thousand year flood. The record fires of the past five years, not only in the West, but even on the East Coast. But assholes like you will deny all of this in the name of political expediency. You and those like you are contemptable.

So in the roughly 85 years then. Still, what do the libbos say about the other 4 billion years? ;)
Look, you damned ignorant fool, it is not liberals that are pointing out the changes in GHGs in the atmosphere, and measuring the affects of those GHGs, it is scientists from every nation in the world. Assholes like you love to prove the abysmal education level and lack of logic every day on this board.

I think it's hilarious when stupid people trip out about record temperatures. It's even funnier when it's good weather.

It’s been extraordinarily warm with very little snow here in Colorado too. I know you AGW chicken Little’s take a lot of shit when we get abnormally cold weather. But the problem is nobody has produced a working model for the climate with respect to AGW. I have made this point before- climate is an immensely complicated system. There are numerous factors, many are still not even known. Any person who claims to understand exactly what causes the continuous changes in climate is simply wrong.
This warming was predicted in a paper in 1981 by Dr. Hansen.

Pubs.GISS: Hansen et al. 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide

Hansen et al. 1981
Hansen, J., D. Johnson, A. Lacis, S. Lebedeff, P. Lee, D. Rind, and G. Russell, 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide. Science, 213, 957-966, doi:10.1126/science.213.4511.957.

The global temperature rose 0.2°C between the middle 1960s and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980s. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

The problem with what you have said is that the climate scientists have been consistently wrong, they have been far too conservative. The Northwest Passage opened up for the first time in 2007, and in 2016, a 1000 passenger luxury cruise liner transited the Passage. Even Dr. Hansen did not expect it that soon.

is that climate change, or weather?
Considering the warming in Alaska has been going on for a couple of decades now, it is climate.

is that climate change, or weather?
Considering the warming in Alaska has been going on for a couple of decades now, it is climate.
umm hmmm

Forum List

Back