Alarmist Paul Ehrlich Predicts Need to ‘Eat the Bodies of Your Dead’

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
What will the VEGANS do?

Paul Ehrlich predicts that we'll end up like The Road, with the options of being Food or Zombie Cannibals.

Oh Joy!

The zombie apocalypse is nigh! The zombie apocalypse is nigh!

Well, no it isn’t. In fact, it’s probably as likely to occur as the rest of Paul Ehrlich’s predictions.

Ehrlich, a Stanford University biologist famous for his widely debunked book “The Population Bomb,” doubled down on his climate change and overpopulation fear-mongering with HuffPost Live on May 21. Ehrlich warned host Josh Zepps that the dangers of overpopulation are growing, blaming Republicans and the media for failing to take action. While hawking a new book called “Hope On Earth,” Ehrlich’s co-author Michael Tobias praised Ehrlich’s older, outrageously wrong predictions and said they underestimated the problem.

Ehrlich, after falsely predicting human “oblivion” 46 years ago, told Zepps humans must soon begin contemplating “eat[ing] the bodies of your dead” after resources are depleted (fava beans and a nice Chianti optional, apparently).

Despite the fact that this “oblivion,” never came about, he still pushed alarmist predictions. Ehrlich claimed that scarcity of resources will get so bad that humans will need to drastically change our eating habits and agriculture. Instead, we will soon begin asking “is it perfectly okay to eat the bodies of your dead because we’re all so hungry?” He added that humanity is “moving in that direction with a ridiculous speed.” And clearly, this man knows “ridiculous.”

Ehrlich is widely known for his 1968 publication of “The Population Bomb” which called for “population control” to prevent global crises from overpopulation. In this book he predicted that “In the 1970’s the world will undergo famines – hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death” and “[our children] will inherit a totally different world, a world in which the standards, politics, and economics of the 1960’s are dead.” (Would that the politics of the 1960s finally die!)...

Alarmist Paul Ehrlich Predicts Need to ?Eat the Bodies of Your Dead? | NewsBusters

Ehrlich makes a good team with global warming deniers, being they use the same alarmist hysteria.

Nobody else pays any attention to him, but I'm glad the deniers have a new besty to be obsessed with.

Well, when we are forced to eat Dead Bodies, I'm not touching Ehrlich's.

I'm going to find some nice, healthy VEGANS.

Ehrlich's bugaboo has always been overpopulation. He's never been particularly concerned about the climate. And, of course, he has no climate expertise. So... why is it you think we should care what the man says?

Ehrlich makes a good team with global warming deniers, being they use the same alarmist hysteria.

Nobody else pays any attention to him, but I'm glad the deniers have a new besty to be obsessed with.

Sure .. NYtimes best sellers that become required college reading is "paying no attention". You get satisfaction out of heckling in random incoherent ways?

The current WhiteHouse Science advisor is a colleague and collaborator with him.. Dreams of leftist control of your sperm and eggs are alive and well.. A womens right to chose ends up being --- a womens right to chose ONCE with these guys....

Ehrlich's book hasn't been required reading in decades. And, again, Ehrlich's position did not involve climate change. This thread is off topic for this forum. As a moderator, you should relocate the thread, not encourage it.

Ehrlich's book hasn't been required reading in decades. And, again, Ehrlich's position did not involve climate change. This thread is off topic for this forum. As a moderator, you should relocate the thread, not encourage it.

The only poster under the impression that EVERY thread in Environment is about Climate Change is you !!!! :badgrin:

Every thread in the environment forum is supposed to concern the environment. This one does not.

Here I absolutely agree with you! The two of you combined have 80 years of failed predictions! Jean Dixon, that well known charlatan has a far superior "prediction" rate than you clowns. You guys are a match made in heaven!:lol::lol::lol:

Every thread in the environment forum is supposed to concern the environment. This one does not.

On what planet would that be? Environmental catastrophe leading to cannibalism is pretty relevant to the environment don't you think? Oh, wait. It's YOU....you DON'T think!

:lol::lol::lol: Silly me!:lol::lol:

the craziest things, people, ideas, are all to the left of reality.

in the 70's there were enough people to tip the world over and destroy us all. Seems we did ok the last 40 years.

here's a secret; you can still fit the entire population of the world into Texas and farm the rest.

shh don't tell

I wonder if this discussion goes on in every busy bee hive and ant hill.. We cant possibly sustain this place. Got to limit that egg laying queen of ours.. She is gonna screw up the planet...

animals-ant-human-natural_world-insect-bug-bstn232l.jpg

Forum List

Back