Al Sharpton Says He's Helping The White House Pick The Next Attorney General

Why is Sharpton even in the discussions???

Could you imagine the mess if a Republican President had Rush in advising on who to pick as AG?

Al Sharpton Says He s Helping Pick The Next Attorney General - Business Insider

The Rev. Al Sharpton said his civil rights organization, the National Action Network, is "engaged in immediate conversations" with the White House as they work to name a successor to Attorney General Eric Holder, who is set to announce his resignation Thursday afternoon.
"We are engaged in immediate conversations with the White House on deliberations over a successor whom we hope will continue in the general direction of Attorney General Holder," Sharpton said in a statement.
Sharpton praised Holder, the first African-American attorney general, as the "best" one in history when it comes to civil rights.
"The resignation of Attorney General Eric Holder is met with both pride and disappointment by the Civil Rights community," he said. "We are proud that he has been the best Attorney General on Civil Rights in U.S. history and disappointed because he leaves at a critical time when we need his continued diligence most."

Right. We have enough of a mess having Rush advising millions of republicans how to think.
It becomes clear that you need an adviser on how to think if that is your opinion of the Rush Limbaugh audience.

I call total bullshit.

Holder is not going any where until a successor is appointed.

Vegas odds on when that is going to happen before January 2017? ... heh

Actually, I think it is a mid-term ploy to get some of the more moderate leftists and independents to consider voting Democrat. A suitable moderate will be nominated sometime in the middle of October.

I call total bullshit.

Actually, I think it is a mid-term ploy to get some of the more moderate leftists and independents to consider voting Democrat. A suitable moderate will be nominated sometime in the middle of October.

A sound theory. However, I see the confirmation process as an opportunity for Republicans to hang out all the dirty laundry. Anything is game in a confirmation by committee. Seems too risky in front of an election.

Eventually, Obama has to play the next card. We will see.

I call total bullshit.

They will nominate someone who has already gotten a clearance and who has undergone the confirmation process to make sure they can get it in while the Dems still have the Senate.

I call total bullshit.

They will nominate someone who has already gotten a clearance and who has undergone the confirmation process to make sure they can get it in while the Dems still have the Senate.

The confirmation process does not start until the President nominates someone.

Is this your first civics class lesson?

I call total bullshit.

It only takes the name to be nominated.

The spin doctors take care of the rest. Is this your first day at deductive reasoning and American politics?

Edited to add:
Sorry, that was aimed at the person to whom you were responding.

I call total bullshit.

A sound theory. However, I see the confirmation process as an opportunity for Republicans to hang out all the dirty laundry. Anything is game in a confirmation by committee. Seems too risky in front of an election.

Eventually, Obama has to play the next card. We will see.

Confirmation isn't necessary for this to be a boost to the election for Democrats. It gives them a wedge issue.

I call total bullshit.

The confirmation process starts when the President and staff find someone they want to nominate, and begin the vetting and FBI background investigation, which determines whether they really do want to nominate that person.

The FBI checks do take some time, so to cut that time, they often move the musical chairs to nominate someone who's already had that clearance.

I call total bullshit.

The spin doctors take care of the rest. Is this your first day at deductive reasoning and American politics?

Edited to add:

No, it doesn't. There's the background investigation. They do need to know.

After Al picks the new AG he will move on to fixing the economy.
After feeling so preened from the attention Barry has surreptitiously given him, to keep him on the liberal track. Useful idiots. :badgrin: Barry needs as many as he can keep.

I call total bullshit.

The confirmation process starts when the President and staff find someone they want to nominate, and begin the vetting and FBI background investigation, which determines whether they really do want to nominate that person.

The FBI checks do take some time, so to cut that time, they often move the musical chairs to nominate someone who's already had that clearance.

You can't weasel out of this one. The confirmation process starts in Congress. The nomination process starts in the Executive.

Try again.

Last edited:
I call total bullshit.

You can't weasel out of this one. The confirmation process starts in Congress. The nomination process starts in the Executive.

Try again.

I think I've met you somewhere in another life.

I call total bullshit.

Edited to add:

No, it doesn't. There's the background investigation. They do need to know.
You should really try following the gist of a conversation.

In order for Obama to get the base and to try and swing moderate voters to the Democrat party, all he needs do is nominate someone who is perceived as moderate. The spin doctors will provide cover until the vetting process and until Congress gets around to confirmation.

Why is it that people simply fail to comprehend the written word?

Forum List

Back