Al Quaeda Nukes in New York

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
TEXAS OFFICIALS at McAllen-Miller International airport arrest Al Qaeda suspect. "Al Qaeda has recognized that one of our vulnerabilities is our inability to completely seal and control access through Mexico." Arizona Border Patrol Agents make mass arrests of 71 illegal aliens, 53 of Middle East decent. "NUCLEAR TERRORISM" book by Graham Allison says that CIA source code Dragonfire reported Al Qaeda in possession of 10-kiloton nuclear weapon in NY. Weapon allegedly stolen from Russia. Al Qaeda negotiated for $1.5 million uranium purchase from Sudan. A 10-kiloton nuclear weapon, if exploded in Times Square, would reach tens of millions of degrees Fahrenheit, vaporize or destroy the theater district, Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Grand Central Terminal and Carnegie Hall; 500,000 could die. The Aspen strategy Group, warns of such an attack. OsamaÕs top deputy boasts "We sent our people to Moscow, to Tashkent, to other Central Asian states, and they negotiated and we purchased some suitcase (nuclear) bombs." NYT
- Soldier of Fortune magazine

http://www.sofmag.com/display.do?id=69

I personally think it's BS. Terrorist nukes in New York? Dont let tje flying pigs get them!

There's quite a bit of information about Al Quada's purchasing nuclear suitcase bombs from the Russian underground in the book Osama's Revenge. When nuclear bombs are made, they are encoded so that not just everyone can use them, but unfortunately Al Quada has bomb experts within their organization. Could this be what they were talking about when Al Quada said their next attack on America was 90% complete?

It could be, but if you wanted to scare the population, what would you say? Probably something along the lines of a WMD in a major city. I suppose it is a possibility, it's hard to imagine something like that. Oh and the 90% completion? They could have everything set up except the device itself, being the 10%. you never know.

How big the 10 K nuclear bomb can be? You think it would be easy to bring it across the border undetected?

drac said:
How big the 10 K nuclear bomb can be? You think it would be easy to bring it across the border undetected?

About 10 inches in diameter. The smallest a nuke could be made was about 10 inches, as per the warhead for the M65 Atomic Cannon (aka "Atomic Annie") built in the early 50's. Yield was about 15 kilotons.

A fission bomb cannot be made any smaller using established nuclear technology, it requires enough uranium or plutonium to generate critical mass.

There is a rumored technology to generate a fusion reaction using "red mercury" supposedly produced by the Russians. But my research generally indicates this is probably a mythical substance. If it does exist, nuclear bombs as small as a baseball could be fassioned.

I believe that any nuke to be snuck into the USA would have to be heavily shielded, or it would be picked up by survieliance satalites. So the practical minimum size is probably something on the order of a typcical home deep-freezer unit.

Wade.

you trying to scare me? i saw this thread and i was like no way you aint telling me Al Queda just nuked New York are ya?

wade said:
About 10 inches in diameter. The smallest a nuke could be made was about 10 inches, as per the warhead for the M65 Atomic Cannon (aka "Atomic Annie") built in the early 50's. Yield was about 15 kilotons.

A fission bomb cannot be made any smaller using established nuclear technology, it requires enough uranium or plutonium to generate critical mass.

Davy Crockett

Shorter than the atomic artillery shell, and much lighter as well (76kg as opposed to 365kg).

The atomic shells were about 10 inches....wide. They were over 4 and a half feet long though.

They later ('60's) developed another atomic shell about the size of the Davy Crockett, this one only about 3 feet long. The Crockett was still a bit shorter however, and had a much smaller yield.

Check out the section "War on Terrorism" where I ask the questuion whether this latest bin Laden video will be followed up by a major attack before election day. To me, one very possible target would be Monday Night football at the Meadowlands. Not only would they be sure to kill at least 60,000 people, they would do it on live TV the eve of our election during one of our favorite past-times.

Admittedly, they could strike almost anywhere....but something about this target just seems too perfect for them.

I just pray that they don't have the nukes!

Forum List

Back